Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

British office for Somalia: UK MINISTER FOR AFRICA VISITING HARGEISA-No mention of Somaliland

british_Office.jpg

British Office

for Somalia

British High Commission

Upper Hill Road

PO Box 30465-00100

Nairobi

Communications Section

Telephone: (254) (0) 20 2844 000

Direct dial: (254) (0) 20 2844 292

www.ukinkenya.fco.gov.uk

23rd July 2011

PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate release.

UK MINISTER FOR AFRICA VISITING HARGEISA

Britain's Minister for Africa, Henry Bellingham MP, is today visiting Hargeisa. His visit is the first to a Somali city by a British Foreign Office Minister for over three years, and follows the visit of International Development Secretary Andrew Mitchell last February.

Ahead of the visit Mr. Bellingham said, "Somalia really matters to the UK. We are playing a leading role in mobilising the international response to the current grave humanitarian crisis. During my visit I hope to look to long term systemic challenges, to how we can partner in nurturing Somali stability and development, to enhance resilience to humanitarian crises. That will only happen when all Somalis, both inside and outside of Somalia, including in the UK, come together to support a process of reconciliation and an enduring political settlement."

NOTES FOR EDITORS

1. Mr Bellingham's visit is the first by a Foreign Office Minister to a Somali city during the current Government. The last British Foreign Office Minister to visit was Kim Howells in 2008.

2. During his visit in February 2011, International Development Secretary Andrew Mitchell announced an increase in aid to help build peace and stability, from £26m in 2010/11 to £80m in 2013/14.

3. In response to the current humanitarian crisis the UK has announced further emergency humanitarian aid that will provide assistance to 500,000 people inside Somalia, as well as 130,000 Somalia in Dadaab Refugee Camp in Kenya and 100,000 Somalis in Dolo Ado Refugee Camp in Ethiopia. The UK continues to scale up its response, but also needs others to do more urgently.

For further details on this please contact:

Abdilatif Maalim

Tel. +254 (0)202844292

Mob +254 (0)723040125

439x.jpg

UK MINISTER FOR AFRICA VISITING HARGEISA

Britain's Minister for Africa, Henry Bellingham MP, is today visiting Hargeisa. His visit is the first to a Somali city by a British Foreign Office Minister for over three years, and follows the visit of International Development Secretary Andrew Mitchell last February.

Ahead of the visit Mr. Bellingham said, "Somalia really matters to the UK. We are playing a leading role in mobilising the international response to the current grave humanitarian crisis. During my visit I hope to look to long term systemic challenges, to how we can partner in nurturing Somali stability and development, to enhance resilience to humanitarian crises. That will only happen when all Somalis, both inside and outside of Somalia, including in the UK, come together to support a process of reconciliation and an enduring political settlement."

Ibtisam   

Duke- he was talking about Somaliland VERY much and he was clear on WHERE in the world he was.

Ha ku wararin Bellingham has a baby project which is close to his heart and depends on SL 90%. Google it hadaba :D

Oodweyne;736124 wrote:

"scan" the word "Somaliland" in the press release, you missed the elephant in the room.

And, yet, Sh. Hotel (who presumably is in charge of Somalia) in Mogadishu, doesn't get the same courtesy from the UK's government,

President of Somalia visits UK

08 March 2010

The President of the Somali Transitional Federal Government, Sheikh Sharif Sheikh Ahmed is visiting the UK between 8-11 March for a series of meetings.

The President, accompanied by other senior Somali Government ministers,
is in the UK at the invitation of Prime Minister Gordon Brown. The delegation was greeted on arrival by Rob Macaire CMG, the High Commissioner to Kenya
;)who has responsibility for Somalia.

During the visit Sheikh Sharif Sheikh Ahmed will meet with a range of UK ministers to discuss the Transitional Federal Government's plans for transition and further reconciliation as well as shared bilateral and regional interests, in particular on piracy, counter-terrorism and migration.

President of Somalia Visits UK, foreign office site

Oodweyne, has any secessionist leader ever recieved an invitation to the UK by the government?

loooooooooooool.

Also there is no mention of "Somaliland" in that press release I read it a couple of times just to make sure that the secessionist have been Mugged again...

Ibti, my dear why do I need to Google when I can go to his very own Foreign Office site?

Tell Bellingham to update his website with regards to "Somaliland"

flag-of-somalia

Somalia Travel advice

Still current at: 27 July 2011

Updated: 19 July 2011

somalia

somalia-map

Map of Somalia on the British Foreign Office site on...

source

Lol@ Advise against travel while Mr Bellingham Visits Somaliland and addresses the Somaliland parliament

So much for dealing with Somalia or its failed goverment

Travel Summary

We advise against all travel to Somalia, including Somaliland.
:D
In the Southern and Central regions, there is ongoing serious violence, dangerous levels of criminal activity and general internal insecurity. We advise any British citizens in Somalia to leave.

Source Foreign Office

The British Government does not differentiate between regions of Somalia. The map & the travel advice are on the Foreign office site. Also Somaliland is shown on the map as part of Somalia and in writing..

I await Ibti & Oodweyne's clannish response with glee...

XX, again this is from the British Foreign Office, let me repeat... "

We advise against all travel
to Somalia, including Somaliland.
:D
In the Southern and Central regions, there is ongoing serious violence, dangerous levels of criminal activity and general internal insecurity. We advise any British citizens in Somalia to leave.

If they do not differenate between Somaliland and Somalia than how come their Ministers Mr andrew Mitchell Uk secretary of international development and Mr Belingham Uk Minister for African affairs both Visited Somaliland regardless of that map you Posted

^^^lool. Like little children your old beloved colonials tell you lies, sweet little lies and you belive it.

The cold truth is in their own government websites which mention "Somaliland" as Self declared republic with their own regional admin along with Puntland

Not my words, I copied and pasted that from the British Foreign office websites.. and the maps? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Somalia is one and the secessionist can all jump..

The Brits Come and deal with Somaliland government they made that clear the brits differenate between Somaliland and the Failed state of Somalia its all Political correctness but in reality the Somaliland republic is dealing with the international community and the EU. If the Brits wanted to deal with the Koonfurians they would go to Vila Amisom.

Xaaji Xunjuf;737028 wrote:
The Brits Come and deal with Somaliland government they made that clear the brits differenate between Somaliland .

The British PM, invited the President of Somalia and this was posted on the British Foreign office Website.

No adeer, the Britsh tell you lies, sweet lies and nothing more...

Poor secessionist the map, and the travel advice highlight the sheer ignorance of your stance..

Somalina   

Did the Brits tell you they will open an Embassy in Hargeysa? no but they did say they will open one in Xamar.

Did the Brits tell you they will recognize you? no they told you to talk to Sheik Sharif. :D sucks to be you eh!

lol@GD who's bad? you are. lol

^^^Its seems like the official British Government documents and websites are allergic to the word Somaliland. They only mention it as part of Somalia and with a regional admin like Puntland..