Sign in to follow this  
OdaySomali

Various camps in Somali politics, explain your stance,view, perspective

Hello all,

I have seen that many of the SOL people belong to the various sects of Somali politics whether it be TFG, Alshabaab, Somaliland, ONLF, Puntland, Galmudug etc.

So my question is explain the stance of your camp, particularly the below camps, as categorised (by me ;)) if you belong to any of the below:

- TFG

-A/S

- SL

- ONLF

-PL

- SSC

- ASWJ

- Hiirale's crew

- Various (other) "states" e.g. Galmudug, Ximan iyo xeeb, Azania

SO tell me what are they trying to achieve, what are their aims, what are their plans for the groups/people they do/claim/want to represent ?

Example: The TFG want to control all the areas of South/central Somalia and eventually extend their influence into Puntland/Somaliland. They want to form a federal government and are against the excessive autonomy of Somaliland and Puntland... Some considerations are that it is weak, controls little lannd. Its autonomy is questionable, its leaders pliable, it has little support base amoung its poeple etc.

I want to start a fruitful discussion inshallah so speak you mind and I will let you all know the next step. I will say that all of these groups wax baa ka qaldan.

Cheers

:D I didn't know what to call them. I meant them ones fighting to create azania/jubaland is that his [Hiiraale's] lot or is it ASWJ ?

Xeefow   

Nice Topic!

(since Al-Shabaab refused talks and peace; and victimised the people of Somalia)

I genuinely support any group that fight against Al-Shabaab, let it be TFG, AMISOM, Ahlu Sunnah Wal Jam'a, Puntland, Somaliland, Galmudug, Ximan & Xeeb. In contrast once Al-Shabaab are weakened and empowered all these groups apart from AMISOM will have to sit together and come to an agreement for future government and reconciliation between Somalis away from foreign interference. Insha'allah

However, in future prespectives I'm in the TFG bandwagon, specially since these new technocrats came into power that is being led by Mr. Mohamed 'Farmaajo'. I have seen so much changes; like the strenght of the TFG army let it be those in Mogadishu or those in different regions in South Somalia like Gedo, upper & lower Juba, Bakool etc,,,,,also the readily payment salaries for the soldiers and the first completed yearly financial planning, the opening of the central bank, anti corruption team implemented within the sea and airport and also within political members, the implement of TFG funded and controlled primary schools, the distribution of medical facilities such as medicine in 3 regions (Gedo, Banaadir and Galgaduud), the re-opening of the National TV, the financial distribution to 1977 war veterans and musicians, the implement of the military courts, distribution of food assistance, the increase of diaspora and internal supports for the government..............and many many many more achievments......this gives me confidence to support the current Somali government and I support their 1 year extension, however I reject the parliament due to them being the biggest obstacle since TFG was created, I'm proud that this is the first cabinet that rejected and showed no fear to the parliament. (LOL I loved it when some of the parliament members were refused to board the airplane a week ago! The Cabinet are indeed fearless looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

'Allah (swt) knows best':)

OdaySomali;719808 wrote:
:D
I didn't know
what
to call them. I meant them ones fighting to create azania/jubaland is that his [Hiiraale's] lot or is it ASWJ ?

Barre Hiiraale is not fighting to create Azania, he is part of the TFG and was training his clansmen in Dollow (Gedo) and in Kenya and has made Alliance with his local clansmen Ahlu Sunna of Gedo, his motives is to secure Gedo Region. However last week he was jailed for physcially fighting a Ethiopian General in Dollow (Gedo), (He seriously injured the Ethiopian General) they had disagreement regarding the fight that took place in Garbaharrey, he is now taken to Dollo (Ethiopia). However the liberation still continues in Gedo, where his counter clansmen are stepping up more, like Sayid Adan, Abdi Kaliil, Fartag etc.

OdaySomali;719808 wrote:
:D
I didn't know
what
to call them. I meant them ones fighting to create azania/jubaland is that his [Hiiraale's] lot or is it ASWJ ?

No azania is another crew the big foot crew Hiiraale crew sounds good

^^ Dee xaaji waad iga xaraabalaysanaysaa hehe, Bal ii kala sheeg all the ones fighting in and around the Gedo area please. Mahadsanid.

Xeefow,

thanks for your input sxb. I have a question for you, do you think the TFG is autonomoud enough to serve as a government for Somalia considering is backers and bankrollers and the unbelievable influence that external powers have ? Do you think it is practicle, do-able and moral to want/fight for/advocate the obliteration of Al-shabaab, their foot-soldiers and shacab who support them ? What state do you think this would leave south/central Somalia in ? How many Somalis would be killed (from all camps) before a decisive victory ?

OdaySomali;719814 wrote:
^^ Dee xaaji waad iga xaraabalaysanaysaa hehe, Bal ii kala sheeg all the ones fighting in and around the Gedo area please. Mahadsanid.

There is ahlu suna wal jamaca and the Ethiopians oo wada socda in gedo then there is the raaskambooni crew Fighting in the south of the juba area Hiiraale has his own Militia now he is locked up though and then there is Azania Kenyan trained Somali troops.

Xeefow   

OdaySomali;719815 wrote:
Xeefow,

thanks for your imput sxb. I have a question for you, do you think the TFG is autonomoud enough to serve as a government for Somalia considering is backers and bankrollers and the unbelievable influence that external powers have ? Do you think it is practicle, do-able and moral to want/fight for/advocate the obliteration of Al-shabaab, their foot-soldiers and shacab who support them ? What state do you think this would leave south/central Somalia in ? How many Somalis would be killed (from all camps) before a decisive victory ?

If you look carefully at the Somali (fight) arena, you can see that there are 3 parties that are currently fighting Al-Shabaab which are TFG and AMISOM in Mogadishu, TFG and Ahlu Sunna in Gedo, TFG only in Bakool, TFG only in upper/lower Juba, Ahlu Sunna only in Galgaduud, TFG & Ahlu Sunna in Hiiraan.

So the picture is clear, the three parties are TFG, Ahlu Sunna and AMISOM. Now can these parties defeat Al-Shabaab? Well seeing the action in the last 5 months I believe so. However the problem is not the army but the political feud between the cabinet led (Farmaajo) and Parliament led (Shariff Sakiin), if this continues it can affect the military progress, futhermore if Shariff Sakiin wins the political battle then the military progress will collapse, however if Farmaajo wins the political battle and wins his 1 year extension then Al-Shabaab will lose the military incursion and will never be heard of. Somalia has many backers such as UN, individual countries, Arab League, AU, EU and many more, its upto the Somalis and the government to think wisely and decide who to side with.....and also it's the TFG responsibilty to show their sovereignty, and they should continue rejecting UN's call just like when Farmaajo rejected to attend the Nairobi meeting in April, if they continue being fearless wallahi they have gained a lot!

Thanks Xaaji Xunjuf,

---

"it is upto the Somalis...to think wisely and decide who to side with" hmm interesting. o.k thanks for your thoughts.

Whose up next. ONLF, SL, PL ... SSC ?

caydarus   

Let me first start by saying I am NOT a fan of POLITICS! whether in Somalia or anyother place! Now, with that said, I hope to give you my point of view on THIS inshaAllah...

I voted on "neither, both are bad for the Somalia" reason behind, BECAUSE NONE is ACTUALLY following Shari'ah. YES, AL-Shabaab claim to be for Shari'ah but we know the killlings they have committed! YET, using the Qur'an as if it's said in there! I think Al-shabab ARE disgrace NOT just to Somalia BUT to ISLAM as well! I find them DISGUSTING! I might seem angry to you with this words, and I guess I am a BIT angry! because of what I hear everyday, some people claiming to be "ISLAMIC" yet doing UNISLAMIC things! recently, I have read something about a RAPED girl been STONED to death! why, because they said she committed "ZINA" yea! DISGUSTING!!!! "tut,tut" how can they claim that!? HOW? it's shamefull for all of the Ummah! because they carry the name of "ISLAM"! Shariff is no better! I see him as a treator, was he not calling the FORMER government "Kufar lovers" was he not against the FORMER government when it brought the Eithopians to Somalia? was he NOT calling out for the so called "jihad" that killed THOUSANDS! I mean where is the mercy of this people!!! when are they ever gonna learn from their MISTAKES! I see all of them as "POWER HUNGRY!" they care NOTHING about except their "POWER"! how can ANYONE ever support SUCH ignorant PEOPLE! (no offense to you or anyone else here). But, it's FOOLISH of all of them to claim POWER! when they KILL inocent people NIGHT and DAY! and please, dont even get me thinking about Al-shabaab and their so called "mission to put sharia'ah in Somalia" I would tell them to EDUCATE themselves FIRST! NONE of them is EDUCATED enough! I am thinking of thise VIDEO, DISGUSTING! and I didn't watch the WHOLE thing but they were SLAUGHTERING a man, YES a HUMAN BEING LIKE A PIG! calling him "KUFAAR" when they see that HE IS ACTUALLY SOMALI! living in SOMALIA! and the WORST part, they READ Qur'an OVER him! DISGUSTING! may Allah help those who are been OPPRESSED by these MEN! I have said so many things, iam gonna stop now! because as I type I am getting ANGRIER!

YA, Allah help your slaves! bring peace, and change our condition!ameen