Sign in to follow this  
Liqaye

Somali Islamists seize town near port in Puntland

Saalax   

Maxamed Siciid Atam Oo Ka Hadley Dagaalkii Galgala Ka Dhacay

Galgala (RBC Radio):- Maxamed Siciid Atam oo ah hoggaamiyaha koox maleeshiyaad ah oo ka soo horjeeda maamulka Puntland isla markaana ku sugan buuraleyda aaga Galgala ayaa wareysi uu siiyey VOA waxaa uga hadley dagaal maalintii shalay ahaa ka dhacay gudaha degmada Galgala.

Atam ayaa sheegay in kooxdiisu ka dambeysay dagaalkii shalay ka dhacay degmada Galgala, wuxuuna guul ka sheegtay dagaalkaasi, isagoo sheegay in shaqsiyadiisa uu ku sugan yahay gudaha degmada Galgala.

Weerarkii shalay lagu qaadey ciidamada Puntland ee ku sugan Galgala ayuu Atam sheegtay in ciidankiisu ka dambeeyeen, wuxuuna intaa ku daray in ciidamada Puntland ee ku sugan Galgala ay u direen fariin ah in ay ka baxaan deegaanka Galgala, isagoo intaa ku daray in ciidamadu ka dhego adeygeen in ay deegaankaasi faarujiyaan taasi oo uu tilmaamey in ay sababtey in ay weerar gaadmo ah ku qaadaan.

“Laba ruux ayaa naga shahiiday, laba kalena waa naga dhaawacantay, ciidamada Puntland meydkoodana meeshuu daadsanaa, wixii qaniimo ahna meesha waan ka qaadanay kadibna magaalada waan isaga baxney ma garatay” ayuu yiri Maxamed Siciid Atam.

Hoggaamiyaha kooxda Puntland ka soo horjeeda ee ka dagaalanta buuraleyda Galgala ayaa mar uu ka hadlayey xiriirka kala dhaxeeya Al-shabaab waxaa uu yiri ” Shabaab dhib baa heysta cadow baa ku soo duulay oo ay wajahayaan, annaguna dhibtaa mid la mid ah ayaa na heysata, dadka Muslimiinta ahna waa isku hadaf, meeshaan mashriq iyo maqrib dadka Muslimiinta ah ee gaalka iyo gaalo raaca ay ku soo duuleen waa isku hadaf iyo isku mowqif”.

Hadalka Atam ayaa daaha ka rogaya in kooxda Atam ay isku hadaf yihiin oo ay qeyb ka yihiin Xarakada Al-shabaab ee koonfurta iyo Bartamaha Soomaaliya ka dagaalanta, waxaana maamulka Puntland uu horey shaaca uga qaadey in Atam iyo Kooxdiisa oo ay dagaal horey uga adkaadeen ay yihiin Xagjiriin Mayal-adag oo Al-qaacida xiriir la leh.

RBC Radio.

Thankful   

This is the first article Salaax postd, but then he changed it.

SOMALIA: Mahamed Said Atam claims victory over Puntland forces

By: Malyun Ali

Atam's militia siezed Galgala, mountanious district in Bari region

BOSASSO (RBC) The leader of Islamist rebel group in Somalia’s semi-autonomous state of Puntland Sheikh Mahamed Said Atam claimed his militia men still manage much of the mountainous district of Galgala where they seized in heavy gun battle on Wednesday night.

“The Islamic forces captured the town with many weapons and at the moment we are closely watching the town,” Atam told local media today by phone telling that he is in Galgala.

He blamed the forces of Puntland state rejected to vacate the town which he said they occupied from the native residents and that was why they ambushed on Wednesday causing heavy loss of life.

“Only two of my men died as we killed more of PIS soldiers. Their bodies still lay on the ground here,” he continued.

Atam, An arms-smuggler on both U.S. and U.N. security watch-lists vowed that he will not halt the fighting against what he described PIS (Puntland Intelligence Service) for their offensive against the Galgala people.

Puntland security minister told on Wednesday that the security forces resisted the pro-Al shabab militias ambushed the Galgala district which is only 40 KM southwest of Bosasso port town.

At least 16 people were killed in ensuing battle which erupted in midnight and continued till the dawn of Wednesday, sources told RBC Radio. But there are no any independent sources to confirm who controls the town.

Since October last year when Puntland forces siezed Galgala, Atam’s milia were re-grouping in Beer village of Sanag region under the protection of Somaliland administration, Puntland security minister told RBC Radio.

RBC Radio

Thankful   

The Islamic forces
captured the town with many weapons and at the moment we are closely watching the town,” Atam told local media today by phone telling that he is in Galgala.

I don't think Faroole could ask for anything more!

Thankful   

Since October last year when Puntland forces siezed Galgala,
Atam’s milia were re-grouping in Beer village of Sanag region under the protection of Somaliland administration, Puntland security minister told RBC Radio.

Salaax why did you change this article?? Because of this part?

Qaranki   

Are you saying what has taken place is good for Faroole because now the west will rush to help him, due to the fact that he is fighting muslims?

Thankful   

Qaranki;718806 wrote:
Are you saying what has taken place is good for Faroole because now the west will rush to help him, due to the fact that he is fighting muslims?

That seems like a loaded question!!

I never once said anything is good for him or bad. I am saying that his site Garoweonline immediately posted this conflict on their site; they rarely do it with other Puntland news. I am saying that there have been major issues throughout the state lately, and now Atam has taken up all the news. Plus, I suspect that now Faroole is more then likely going to blame the random killings in Gaalkaayo and Bosasso on Atam.

I believe that Faroole feels that the West and others who came to rush and help the TFG when the ICU was attacking, will also come to his aid.

So all I am saying is that I (believe), Faroole see’s Atam as something he can use to his benefit.