Sign in to follow this  
SomeAlien

baby its cold outside

no its not a weather topic, yes it belongs in the islamic section and yes you need to take the time to read this... please.

asalama aleykoum, i recently (a couple of hours ago), made a lil pact with my friends and was hoping you (my cyber friends) would like to take part in it. in a typical day i pass by at least 10 beggars downtown and sometimes i honestly dont have any money to give them, other times i dont know what theyll do with the money and most times (at least id like to think so) i give em most of the change i have. well, today i devised a lil plan, to feed the homeless. ill give one homeless person i see on the street a full on meal at least twice a month, so far ive gotten 3 other friends to the same. im asking you guys to join us, and give someone a free meal (1 slice of pizza is 1$) or at least a cup of coffee or some soup in this weather. please respond if you want to take part in this "project". also, you could give em some new mittens and scarves, or old ones for that matter.

LuCkY   

WaleykumSaLaaM

WeLL,

I aLways try to carry some change with me...I dont buy the homeLess meaLs or anything but I aLways give them some sort of change pLus to charities...I just DONT have the heart to waLk away.

But i must say Bravo on ur LiL project...I honestLy doubt that i can buy them food because im on the go whenever i encounter them.

Raxmah   

Salaams

It great helping those ppl in need. But knowing most of homeless ppl spend it on alcohol its not good idea to give them money, I was reading this on the news paper the other day, if you going give something give them food.

Haaruun   

Beggars I C always ask for $$ not for food; there was a time I tried to give one of them a slice of pizza and he almost beat the hell out of me..he kept saying "Give me $$ or get the F*** out of my face" from that day, I decided to give them change instead of food....I even saw beggars saying "change for bear pls"...What they really do with the $$ is up to them but we have to give them what we can give..

well the weather today is reaching -27 degrees, and thats why i think its best to give them food, preferably something warm, than money. if you give them money they might just feed their addictions with it and thats not good, but you give em some food to eat they might at least make it to tomorrow, despite themselves.