Sign in to follow this  
Intuition

Hadith Of The Week...

asalaama aleykum

Book 035, Number 6471:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying that Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, thus stated: I am near to the thought of My servant as he thinks about Me, and I am with him as he remembers Me. And if he remembers Me in his heart, I also remember him in My Heart, and if he remembers Me in assembly I remember him in assembly, better than his (remembrance), and if he draws near Me by the span of a palm, I draw near him by the cubit, and if he draws near Me by the cubit I draw near him by the space (covered by) two hands. And if he walks towards Me, I rush towards him.

Book 035, Number 6501:

Anas reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) visited a person from amongst the Muslims in order to inquire (about his health) who had grown feeble like the chicken. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Did you supplicate for anything or beg of Him about that? He said: Yes. I used to utter (these words): Impose punishment upon me earlier in this world, what Thou art going to impose upon me in the Hereafter. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Hallowed be Allah, you have neither the power nor forbearance to take upon yourself (the burden of His Punishment). Why did you not say this: O Allah, grant us good in the world and good in the Hereafter, and save us from the torment of Fire. He (the Holy Prophet) made this supplication (for him) and he was all right

this one is my favourite. lesson for any foul mouthed nomads, using this following phrase (or other gloryfing phrases) is a good way in eliminating any foul language you normally use.

Sa'd (radiallahu anhu) said: We were sitting with the prophet (salalahu caleyhi wa salam) and he said:"Are any of you unable to gain a thousand good deeds each day?" Somebody than asked "How does one achieve a thousand good deeds?" He (salallahu aleyhi wa salam) replied "He should say subhan allah (how perfect allah is) one hundred times, for a thousand good deeds will be written for him and a thousand bad deeds will be wiped out."

Abu Hurairah (Radhiallaahu Anhu) states that the Prophet (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) said that: “When Ramadaan begins, the gates of Paradise are opened, the gates of Hell are closed and the Shayaateen are chained.†A similar narration states that: “The doors of mercy are open.†(Mishkaat, Page 173)

As-salaam Alaykum wr wb...

Book 033, Number 6393:

'Abdullah b. Mas'ud reported: Evil one is he who is evil in the womb of his mother and the good one is he who takes lesson from the (fate of) others. The narrator came to a person from amongst the Companion of Allah's Me ssenger (may peace be upon him) who was called Hudhaifa b. Usaid Ghifari and said: How can a person be an evil one without (cornmittilng an evil) deed? Thereupon the person said to him: You are surprised at this, whereas I have heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saving: When forty nights pass after the semen gets into the womb, Allah sends the angel and gives him the shape. Then he creates his sense of hearing, sense of sight, his skin, his flesh, his bones, and then says: My Lord, would he be male or female? And your Lord decides as He desires and the angel then puts down that also and then says: My Lord, what about his age? And your Lord decides as He likes it and the angel puts it down. Then he says: My Lord, what about his livelihood? And then the Lord decides as He likes and the angel writes it down, and then the angel gets out with his scroll of destiny in his hand and nothing is added to it and nothing is subtracted from it.

Narrated Abu Hurairah (r.a): Allah's Messenger (s.a.w) said,

"The believers who show the most perfect Faith are those who have the best behaviour, and the best of you are those who are the best to their wives in behavior."

[Tirmidhi, The Book of Suckling, Chapter: The right of a woman over her husband.]

I found this Hadith few days ago, I had it with me for a long time.

On the authority of Abu Malki al-Harith ibn Asim al-Ashari (R.A.), who said: The messenger of Allah (SAW) said:

Purity is half of faith.Al-hamdulillah (Praise be to Allah) fills the scales and Subhanallah (How far is Allah from every imperfection) and Al-hamdulilah fills that which is between heaven and earth. Prayer is light; charity is a proof; patience is illumination; and the Quran is an argument for or against you. Everyone starts his day and is a vendor of his soul, either freeing it or bringing about its ruin.

[Muslim]

Beautiful hadith.

Hadith Qudsi 22:

On the authority of Abu Sa'id (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said:

Let not any one of you belittle himself. They said: O Messenger of Allah, how can any one of us belittle himself? He said: He finds a matter concerning Allah about which he should say something, and he does not say [it], so Allah (mighty and sublime be He) says to him on the Day of Resurrection: What prevented you from saying something about such-and-such and such-and-such? He say: [it was] out of fear of people. Then He says: Rather it is I whom you should more properly fear.

It was related by Ibn Majah with a sound chain of authorities

Related to Suratil Tauba S.9.V.20

Narrated Abu Hurraira:

The Prophet SAW said: ''Whoever beleives in Allah and His Messenger SAW, offers prayers perfectly and fasts the month of Ramadhan, then it will be a promise binding upon Allah to admit him to paradise, no matter whether he fights in Allah's Cause or remains in the land where he is born.'' The people said ' O Allah's Messenger! Shall we acquaint the people with this good news?'' He said,'' Paradise has one-hundred grades which Allah has reserved for the Mujahiddun who fights in His Cause, and the distance between each of two grades is like the distance between the heaven and the earth. So , when, you ask Allah( for something), ask for Al-Firdaus which is the middle and the highest part of paradise.!!(the subnarrator added,'' I think the Prophet SAW also said, 'Above it (i.e Al-Firdaus) is the Throne of the most Beneficient(ie Allah) and from it gush forth the rivers of paradise).''

Sahih Bukhari Vol.4 Hadith No.48

Narrated Shaddad bin Aus raa. : The Prophet Sallalaahu Alayhi wa Sallam said, "The most superior way of asking for forgiveness from Allah is: Allahumma Anta Rabbi, la ilaha illa Anta. Anta khalaqtani wa ana abduka, wa ana ala ahdikawa wadika mastatatu. Audhu bika min sharri ma sanatu, abuu laka binimatika alaiya, wa abuu laka bidhanbi faghfirli fa innahu la yaghfiru adhdhunuba illa Anta."***

The Prophet saws. added: "If somebody recites them during the day with firm faith in it, and dies on the same day before the evening, he will be from the people of Paradise; and if somebody recites it at night with firm faith in it, and dies before the morning, he will be from the people of Paradise." [sahih Al-Bukhari, 8/6306(O.P.318)]

***O Allah, You are my Lord! None has the right to be worshipped but You. You created me and I am Your slave, and I am faithful to my covenant and my promise(to You) as much as I can. I seek refuge with You from all the evil I have done. I acknowledge before You all the blessings You have bestowed upon me, and I confess to You all my sins. So I entreat You to forgive my sins, for nobody can forgive sins except You.

Abu Hurayrah (RAA) reported that the Prophet (PBUH) said:

"Allah (SWT) likes three things for you and dislikes three things. He likes for you to worship Him, not to associate anything with Him, and to hold fast, all together, by the Rope which He (stretches out for you), and not to be divided among yourselves [cf. Al `Imran 3:103]. And He dislikes for you to pass on stories and gossip, to ask too many questions, and to waste money."

(Sahih Muslim, 12/10, Kitab al-aqdiyah, bab al-nahi 'an kathrah al-masa'il min ghayri hajah. )

670. `Abdullah bin Mas`ud (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "There will be discrimination after my death and there will be other matters that you will disapprove.'' He was asked: "O Messenger of Allah! What do you command us to do when we are encountered with such happenings?'' He answered, "Give what is due from you and supplicate to Allah for your rights.''

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary: There are two aspects of this Hadith. On the one hand, people are advised to put up patiently with the transgressive behaviour of rulers as well as their nepotism or monopolization of all the national resources. On the other hand, rulers are warned to ward off a capricious conduct of life, lest they should face the Wrath of Allah.

Riyad-us-Saliheen

From Riyadus Saalihin

615. Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "There was a dispute between Hell and Jannah, and Hell said: `The haughty and proud are in me.' The Jannah said: `In me are the weak and the humble.' Thereupon Allah, the Exalted, judged between them saying: `You the Jannah are My Mercy, and through you I shall show mercy to those whom I wish.' (And addressing the Hell) He said: `You are My punishment to punish whom I wish amongst My slaves, and each one of you will have its fill.'''

[Muslim].

Commentary: This Hadith warns us against haughtiness and pride and urges us to observe modesty and humility. Jannah and Hell - two otherworldly phenomena - have been called as the manifestations of Allah's Mercy and punishment. True, only the Will of Allah prevails everywhere but the decision to send a man either to Jannah or to Hell will not be taken capriciously. Rather set Divine rules will be working behind it. Allah, will place some people in Jannah due to their good deeds; similarly he will place some people in Hell due to their bad deeds. Allah does not wrong anyone.