Sign in to follow this  
Liqaye

Mahiga Reer Muduga oo Diiday Rajada Muqdisho

Jag har så tråkigt på jobbet och vill bara driva med er

btw

Faroole bara drömmar han kan inte sätta sina fötter i Baraxley låt bli att härska i Mogadishu och bosätta sig i Villa Amisom

Chimera   

xiinfaniin;711785 wrote:
Chimera, adeer it is about conflict resolution/management.

Assume you are an initiated elder in the affairs of the ummah, sitting under acacia tree. Village folks come to you for mediation. They identified the parties in the conflict: x, y, and z. The conflict is about a control of a piece of land. x has .9 percent, y has .06 percent, and z has .04 percent. z tried every conceivable method to expand its control to no avail, and so did y. It is an stalemate.

Put your biases aside, and be as impartial as you can possibly be, in this situation what would you do, ya The Judicious Chimera.

Remember your task is to settle this thing, that is what the village folks want. Just for a second, forget the real names of the disputing parties, just use the variables in the equation: would you ever ignore the x in the conflict?

No Xiin, I wouldn't, in fact I made a recent topic in the Camelmilk Debate section wherein I highlighted that roughly 30 men in Somalia are holding hostage around 10/12 million people, because if they wanted, they could today create peace by simply coming together as brothers regardless of their political views. This would be the ideal solution, however Al-Shabaab have repeatedly shown they will not come to the table despite any compromise that is offered.

Therefore if I have been tasked with creating lasting peace, and being aware that this can't be achieved as long as X continues to ignore any olive branches offered, then I'm left with no choice but to back Z as it expands its territory, capacity and popularity.

Daandurreey;711809 wrote:
hahahaa. Adiga ma xishooneesid?

cabdulahi yusuf established the best army the nation ever had since the fall of Siyaad Barre. if you want to be biased (i know you like Mr. Cheese) but don't be so obvious cunuga. xataa his enemies give him credit for that.

Adiga isku xishood ninyahow, you're a grown man waving your Poms Poms for an elderly man who doesn't even know you, much less care how hard you defend him on the internet, markas iis diji sxb.

Secondly there was no real disciplined army to speak off under Yeey's term, just a barbaric Ethiopian mercenary force, and every month hundreds of government troops deserted to Al-Shabaab with their uniforms and weapons, today its the other way around, with Al-Shabaab losing many recruits to the Neo-TFG.

As for me being biased, i'm not sure what you mean with that. I have no petty clan relations with Farmaajo, and in fact the amazing progress he has made in various parts of the country has yet to affect my petty clan. I support him because he seeks to uplift the Somali World, my people! He's not working for a petty clan, degaan or regional administration, no his agenda transcends all of that.

Even your hero Yeey has nothing but praise for the new PM and calls the new cabinet the best Somalia has had in decades.(Its obvious that your political views are determined by what your chieftain thinks and supports, and not your independent mind, so there you go.)

Liqaye   

Libaax-Sankataabte;711419 wrote:

Liqaye, let us steer the debate away from distractions and personal sideshows. Awoowe, support your man with vigor, but don’t violate the rules of the debate by personally attacking nomads. I am also the last person to indulge in vitriol against Farmaajo’s persona as I see you doing against Ina Abdirashiid. It would serve everyone on SOL justice if we stay on topic and move the debate away from personal physique and looks.

Now, back to the topic.

Awoowe, if much of your evidence for “accomplishment” is based on previous team’s “lack of accomplishment”, then sadly, there is not much to debate on here.
Let me emphasize an important point for your consumption: Ina Abdirashiid’s tenure was marred by personal conflict and political differences with his partner Shariif. It is not a small box to be in if you know the way the TFG operates. Nothing tangible was accomplished as a result and that point I concede without any commotion.

Then Farmaajo came.

Before he took office, he came across as a Siyaadist ideologue. But as the events on the ground rendered the early fears unwarranted, the man found his footing in Shariif’s listening ears. Compatibility is an important commodity in the shifting sands of TFG politics. Shariif and Farmaajo are compatible. But that is where the festivities end awoowe. Both Shariif and Farmaajo see some of the major clan in the country as adversaries that need to be silenced. It is not only Shariif/Farmaajo that hold that view as the first article you posted clearly indicates. Theirs is a shared political thinking lacking of any practical high-mindedness. What the two men have in common is a derivative of that old and dirty “We-have-a-common-enemy” filtering; a filtering which is hardly the tool to build a failed nation around.

Having said that, Farmaajo is not a man who lacks the intellectual heft to counter tough political challenges. I defended him here when others were questioning his competence. His seizure of the “waxqabad” mantle, for instance, is nothing short of political shrewdness. He nailed the old Siyaadist “Qawda maqashii” political calculus to its decimals. It is dazzling to watch his press releases. That being said, the most important characteristic the leader of Somalia should have today, and the keyword is TODAY, is having the capacity to bring the different clans together. Sadly, Shariif and Farmaajo seem to have positioned themselves as the masters of a failed modus operandi. As experience teaches us, the old sacred “thou shall not alienate major clans” text is thrown out to the political trash heap. It is a calculated choice and one that pretty much will seal their faith in the political hereafter just like others before them.

As for Al-Shabaab, Awoowe, the war campaign against Al-shabaab was in the planning stages for a much longer period predating Farmaajo’s tenure. TFG/AMISOM worked hard to build the needed capacity to tackle Al-Shabaab before the top leaders started falling out. Shabaab's faltering popularity in the wake of the suicide bombings was something the TFG was working hard to capitalize on. To award the current team the entire glory in that whole military calculus against Alshabaab is unreasonable. With that being said, the war efforts against Al-Shabaab were just that, efforts. No tangible gains were made to render the country any more peaceful than it was before.

I am willing to debate with you on the issue of accountability and merit. Nairobi Fadhi-ku-dirin stories about Ina Abdirashiid stealing money is not something I should get my hands dirty with. It is a waste of energy on my part to take that route.

That is my thought.

Firstly these are your servers and you know the cut and thrust of debate on SOL and the many shades it can contain if that offends you then you are too thin skinned to deliver and defend a point.

I refer to Cabdu buur looks in the same way a novelist or satirist will refer to a characters looks in reference to some element of his personality, Cadibuur is fat and always disheveled in appearance, his laugh makes him look like he is going to chock at any moment, when he eats he closes his left eye and bends almost double over his plate and looks for all the world like a studious fish inhaling pasta.

My implication is that his administration as his appearance was disheveled, ill organized and slightly funny.

The first thing that you will understand that in debating the two YOU will not set the parameters, like some highschool basketball game girls vs boys were the boys are not allowed to jump and use their right hands so as to give the girls a chance of winning, it is common knowledge in the streets of eastleigh, and the political/ngo world what exactly caused Cabdi buur to step down and that was monetary consideration, it is up to you to weakly dismiss this as fadhi-ku dhiir lakiin the truth is known here, even if it has not filtered down to Alberta :).

Liqaye   

Awoowe, if much of your evidence for “accomplishment” is based on previous team’s “lack of accomplishment”, then sadly, there is not much to debate on here. Let me emphasize an important point for your consumption: Ina Abdirashiid’s tenure was marred by personal conflict and political differences with his partner Shariif. It is not a small box to be in if you know the way the TFG operates. Nothing tangible was accomplished as a result and that point I concede without any commotion.

This is the most amzing sleight of hands argument I have seen either for or against a proposition, it defies all logic and rational thought, namely the failures of the previous admin cannot be used against them because LST said so!! Saxiib the reason why Farmajoo has accomplished some thing in comparison to Cabdibuur is because he has made peace with two things.

1. The president appointed him and there is a clear divide between their roles and

2. He is serving the intreasts of all somalis and not only the particular intreasts of a section, Cabdibuur was the agent of puntland in the somali national goverment rather than a man from puntland in the somali National goverment.

That made him ineffectual and boxed him in from the get go, but to claim that Cabdibuur did not do anything would be dishonest let us refer to some of this mans milestones as the prime minister [14 February 2009 – 21 September 2010]:

Creation of a 42 man cabinet with an indeterminate number of deputy ministers designed to placate every one and lead no one.

Significant mismanagement of government finances in such a way that less than 10% of the promised $250 million promised by the ICG on Somalia in Europe has been given to the government.

The only proposed solution given to this situation by Cabdibuur was Price water house coopers handling all government monies, one that would have not reinforced the sovereignty of the Somali people or the capability to manage resources by the Somali people.

Extremely poor payment of government civil servants and soldiers.

The debacle of the so called Somali constitution, a poorly written document, rejected by all major stakeholders as not being clear enough either on financial sharing parameters, who and what level taxes should be collected and allocated, or even how federal states will be created and regulated.

A document indeed not having been consulted over by groups in the whole of Somalia except for puntland, if that was not enough he staked what little political currency he had on a showdown with the president on having this constitution passed by parliament as if it was the most important thing being faced at a time when the shabaab was regularly shelling the government zone and M.P's were being shot at random.

No attempt even in government press release to reach out to any major group with in Somalia beyond getting punt lands pet projects done!

Before he took office, he came across as a Siyaadist ideologue. But as the events on the ground rendered the early fears unwarranted, the man found his footing in Shariif’s listening ears. Compatibility is an important commodity in the shifting sands of TFG politics. Shariif and Farmaajo are compatible. But that is where the festivities end awoowe. Both Shariif and Farmaajo see some of the major clan in the country as adversaries that need to be silenced. It is not only Shariif/Farmaajo that hold that view as the first article you posted clearly indicates. Theirs is a shared political thinking lacking of any practical high-mindedness. What the two men have in common is a derivative of that old and dirty “We-have-a-common-enemy” filtering; a filtering which is hardly the tool to build a failed nation around.

Lool firstly what is this major clan you speak of, because it would be debatable and indeed is always debated by Somalis which exactly it is,.....but then it gets more difficult to understand you because Farmajoo is a member of the clan you are I assume referring to as the "major" one....but on careful thought I realise you mean reer Garowe [if I am wrong correct me and I will apologize].

The practical high mindedness you refer to has been obvious in his actions reer puntland have the ministries and the numbers in parliament, indeed those that view others as enemies are those that immediately insisted on with drawing recognition to the TFG , and banning officials from the TFG on setting foot on Somali soil just like somaliland!

As for planning a war against al-shabaab Farmajoo is what brought the "planning" done previously to fruition. moving an idea from concept to action is always the hardest part and is where the decision on success is made.

On all issues accountability merit and as you stated arrogantly fadhi ku dirir basis, Cumar Buur was a failure, even those opposed pathologically to Farmajoo accept he has not once been accused of stealing or dipping his hands in state coffers in any way shape or form.

Your thought has been examined LST and it is what it is after all the veils are uncovered support inspite of reason, for a venal failure of a prime minister, merely because he is your uncle and had the intreasts of puntland ALONEat heart. :)

The Zack   

^Well said Liqaye. Who is the Abdinur you are referring to? Abdirashid Sharmarke? That dude had no idea what he was doing.