- Femme -

Need help ladies: Foundation, Powder or Tinted Moisturizer?

The only make up I wear is eyeliner and once in a while maybe a light lipstick.

My skin started breaking out recently and I'm confused with all the options out there. I don't want to go to the makeup shops and ask the salespeople for recommendation because I tend to be easily pressured to buy stuff :D

Which cover do you think is best? I especially need your thoughts on tinted moisturizer. I think that sounds like the perfect option to me so far, a 3 in one for the lazy people like me who don't like the cakey makeup look - a moistruizer, sunscreen & light foundation. I did some googling but wanted to know what worked best for other somali ladies!

Ismahaan   

Here's my sincere advice to you sis

First and foremost, you should always wear colours that complement your skin tone. Secondly don’t wear too much makeup. Thirdly avoid using stick foundation since they are heavier than none stick foundation. I would recommend Iman’s none stick foundation; this product is very nice if you can find your shade. If you don't need a foundation, a tinted moisturizer (e.g. Dermalogica Sheer Moisture Tint SPF15 , Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturiser SPF 20 etc).... should do or simply a bit of pressed powder on top of your usual moisturizer. In fact, since you haven't worn makeup before, I recommend using a tinted moisturizer because it’s well-suited for a more natural look, and doesn't look cakey like foundations as you have already mentioned. I advise that you try several different brands and colours when seeking out the perfect foundation. Most importantly keep nagging the make up artists in the stores until you get what you want. Best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blessed   

Hey sis,

I'd advise you to remedy the breakouts first because make up will not only make it worse, it won't do much as a cover up. What's your skin care regimen like? And your diet? What is causing the break out?

Tinted moisturisers all the way for me and a bit of concealer or compact foundation to even things out if need to. Avoid clogging your pores too much, don't fall for the pressure of wearing make up. This is what leads to breakouts, ashy unhealthy looking skin.

Malika   

Water, Water, Water - drink more water. As Blessed told you - find out what is causing the break out - stress? hormones? chocolate??