Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Amin Amir has a Point

wyre   

BOB;693237 wrote:
He's part of the problem in Somalia and never the solution because he's making money out of Somalia's tragedy.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Agree with you bro

wyre   

oba hiloowlow;693432 wrote:
Amin Amir is planning to go 2 Muqdisho soon halgankiisa ayuu halkaas ka bilaabi rabaa..

Waa halkey taariikhdiisu ku egtahay:D

wyre   

Loooooooool@haddii la yaabo, war manii layaabo yaasiinka aan aqaanaa, qofka markuu yaabuu dhahaa, aniga I am classic reer xamar dee:D

NGONGE   

N.O.R.F;693431 wrote:
Che, this isn't political satire. AA has a false sense of purpose. Anyone can draw pictures that have the same messages again and again.

What does he intend to achieve with this one? He thinks his portrayals of Somali chaos and the status quo will somehow do what exactly? He is as confused as those he is trying to portray.

Told you before and I'll tell you again that you (and Bob it seems) don't understand the point of a political caricature. :D

I agree. AA makes a good point here.

I cant say its surprising to see a few of you with your misguided indignation. Soo-maa-li!

AA is doing a great job and he seems dedicated to highlighting the idiosyncrasies of his people. Of course, one can argue this is his view, but I certainly dont see any prejudice or malice in any of his art and to me he comes across as a concerned and upright citizen, combining his profession (cartoonist) and concern (Somalia)! Clearly BOB et al are sporting a different shade of glasses to me though!

Anyway, the argument that he is benefiting from it is just so far fetched and sinister. Whats that about? Reporters and people who work in the media have to earn their living while highlighting issues that are of concern to them. Furthermore, the fact that he seems repetitive is more a symptom of the bigger issue in Somalia which is that the country is marred in a vicious circle of poverty, instability, famine, in-fighting etc.

Chimera   

Stubid point. Somalis in the West should not be denied something everyone around them is doing. Just because they originally come from Somalia doesn't mean they can't spend money on themselves or their weddings, just because they come from Somalia doesn't mean they have an obligation to send money there, they do this voluntarily, 2 BILLION DOLLARS annually!! Creating thousands of jobs and new businesses. They are not the cause for the situation on the left, no they left that situation to live better lives and that's exactly what they are doing. This emotional blackmail is exactly the reason why our youth have such trouble fitting in their host countries. Those who want to help the people of their/parents birth country will do so, those who don't, should live their new lives the way they want to!