Sign in to follow this  
Ameen

How can we increase our eman

winnie   

be thankful- to other people, but ultimately to Allah swt, who placed those peoples/situations in front of you.

spread the salaam to people you know, and dont know.

spend a little extra time with mom and pops, let them know what they mean to you... and thank Allah for their existance.

take some time and reflect on all your blessings... health, sight (all the beautiful things you get to see), taste... the blessing of your senses. did you know that there are people born without any sense of pain? a child with such a condition is often rife with health complications (imagine touching a hot kettle, and not knowing that you shouldnt? until you smell your flesh burning... subhan Allah)...

winnie   

btw, i think everyone was missing Naden's point... what she's trying to say is that Allah won't change our circumstances until we change our circumstances (with Allah's will of course)... sound strange? let me find the hadith.

ill be back.

Ameen   

Allah wont change the situation of a group of people until they change (or make the efforts) to change that situation for themselves, is a very well known fact. In fact, its an ayaat in the Quran that most people know. Allah knows best if thats what she meant..maybe she can come back and clearify it for us with a "Yes, I meant that" or a "No, thats not what I really meant".

Anyways sister Shaken, you make a really good point that most people often overlook. We tend to forget the importance of thanking people for whatever good they may have done for us. "Someone who is not thankful to the people is not thankful to Allah", do you remember this saying? Well you should smile.gif

There are three words and if a person learns to use them in their life, they develop a humble personality. And they're, "please, thank (you), sorry".

Nur   

Its the end of Ramadan Nomads, please share with us how can one increase their iman, specially from your experienceof what have worked for you during Ramadan ( Because Ramadan's purpose is " Lacallakum Tattaquun" ).

Nur

Malika   

^Sleeping early after taraweeh,then waking up an hour and half early, to pray salatu layl then read quran before farj prayers.This ramadan,I would say I have been reading the Quran with meaning..I pondered on a number of surah's,read them over and over, reading the translation after every recital.One Surah that has sunk into my pschic this ramadan would be surat Al Rahman,probably my favourite surah, it not only has a very deep meaning - to ponder upon the creations of Allah - but also in Arabic how it rhymes so beautifully.

Almost every other verse the same question is asked - Which of the favours of your Lord will you deny?

Subhanallah!