Sign in to follow this  
Ismahaan

History of Somalia throught poetry

Ismahaan   

Prehistory

Somalia has been inhabited since the Paleaelithic period. Cave paintings said to date back as far as 9000 BC have been found in northern Somalia. The most famous of these is the Laas Geel complex, which contains some of the earliest known rock art on the African continent. Inscriptions have been found beneath each of the rock paintings, but archaeologists have so far been unable to decipher this form of ancient writing.During the Stone age, the Doian culture and the Hargeisan culture flourished here with their respective industries and factories.

The oldest evidence of burial customs in the Horn of Africa comes from cemeteries in Somalia dating back to 4th millennium BC.The stone implements from the Jalelo site in northern Somalia are said to be the most important link in evidence of the universality in palaeolithic times between the East and the West.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Somalia

BOB   

I can't believe no one replied to this thread...:mad: Bloody Jaceylbaro & Nuune lol

We should teach this to the younger generation who are embarrassed to call themselves Somali because all they see/read is negative news about HOME.

I've met a guy who runs a Somali Community Organization that couldn't read/write the Somali language to begin with and then there was no other Somali in sight working for/with him...meeshaba cadaan iyo hindi baa yaaceysay waxeyna ugu darneyd markaan la hadlay oo aan suaalay if he had any plans for the Somali youth especially the boys to help them get off the streets waxaan loo joogin ayuu iila yimi and then I found out he was planning a lavish birthday party for one of his female employees...:mad:

Every one ought to play his/her part in rebuilding our image by being positive role models to those around us both young and old, Somali or non-somali...they say charity begins at home...so let's change ourselves and become better Somalis then I'm sure rest will follow but as long as we're sick with qabiil iyo qashin nothing will ever change...try to become the most positive Somali that you can be first and I promise you, it will have a positive impact on those Somalis around you...I challenge you all to do that.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Ismahaan   

@DOB mahadsanid, Runtii wadani baa tahay. Soomaali taarikh iyo waxaas ma qoraan qabiil uun baay ka jawaabaa.:D

@Chimera Great videos.

Jibreel   

I liked the poet, Mr. Maki - and i hope it's him. I liked the pictures, the videos and their contents. We're in such an unfortunate stage where all we have is but a 'once upon a time'. My sincere humble thanks to you all.

Jibreel.

BOB   

Ismahaan;686658 wrote:
@DOB mahadsanid

Huh? How did you know that I was...you know, ehem ehem..errr, you know..yeah...you know, errr...DOB?

Peace, Love & Unity.

nuune   

^^ Dee Ismuhaan inaad doob daxaleestey tahay ayey ogtahay, laakiin waan ka xumahey boos kama bannaana Ismuhaan, waa horey is xoreesaysmileys.gif

Tii uu JB kaa ballanqaadey ee Boorama joogtey iyadna waa la guursadey, mid Zulu ah oo beejada ka laad-laado wax kuu dhaamo ineysan soo harin baan filayaa, hadaad rabto hadhow ka goo hanjafka smileys.gif

BOB   

nuune;686737 wrote:
mid Zulu ah oo beejada ka laad-laado wax kuu dhaamo ineysan soo harin baan filayaa, hadaad rabto hadhow ka goo hanjafka
smileys.gif

:o:o:o Ina Aabow maxaa ku hadli? OO Waryaa will waxaan ku dhehe najaasada afka ka du'...meejaaneey bilcaamaa joogaane isku shiix aan ku dhehe.;)

Kamaavi Dee ninkan Nuune ah & A&T cid garteena gasha oo ragga xaal iiga qaada ayaan la'ahay...ninkan Zack ah ayaan is lahaa bal gartiina ha galo dee isagiina beryahan lamaba arag oo malaha saqiir suujis ayuu ku maqanyahay shoow!:D

Peace, Love & Unity.

Ismahaan   

@BOB one thousand apologies for the name misspell my bro.

I honestly don't even know the meaning of the word ''DOB''.

@Nuune adna meeshaad wax dajin lahaayd baad cirka sii saartey sheekada.:)

BOB   

Why Thousand times? Why not 10 or 13 or even 15? Huh? Did you hear I'm poverty stricken or what? Why do you keep on insulting me?:mad:

Peace, Love & Unity.

Ismahaan   

Why Thousand times? Why not 10 or 13 or even 15? Huh? Did you hear I'm poverty stricken or what? Why do you keep on insulting me?:mad:

Sheeko miyaa, warkaas maad hadana keentay.:)

Kamaavi   

BOB;686927 wrote:
Kamaavi
Dee ninkan Nuune ah & A&T cid garteena gasha oo ragga xaal iiga qaada ayaan la'ahay...ninkan Zack ah ayaan is lahaa bal gartiina ha galo dee isagiina beryahan lamaba arag oo malaha saqiir suujis ayuu ku maqanyahay shoow!
:D

Bob, nuune waxaa kaa qaban karta ayeeyo qoolo .... iyada uun raadso.. :D