Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

Waxaan ku furay 5 waxyaalood oo ay tahay

Paragon   

Nin raggii hore ka mid ah ayaa gabar guursadey, oo markuu habeen keliya u hoyday subaxdii Saddaxdeeda Dalaaqood wada siiyey oo aan u kala reebin. Kolkaaseey odayashii mid ka mid ah soo booday oo weydiyeey ninkii: 'War habeen keliya ayaad la bariday naagtuye, bal maxaad ku damacdey inaad durbaba furtaa'? Ninkii naagta furay ayaa wuxuu ku yiri odayaashii, waxaan ku furay naagta ayaan idiin sheegiye bal si fiican ii dhagaysta. Kolkaasuu sidatan yiri:

Waxaan ku furay 5 waxyaalood oo ay tahay

1- Waa xoollo mubadar

2 – Waa ayaan daran tahay

3- Waa dhaqaale xun tahay

4- Oo waa camal xun tahay

5- Oo waa qumayo

Marka 1aad ; waa xoollo mabadar oo kabihii aan aqalka hortiisa soo ilaaway , ma soo xarayne, intay ka soo talaabsatay ayeey gudaha iska soo gashay;

Marka 2aad ; waa ayaan daran tahayoo kabihii waa la xaday;

Marka 3aad ; waa dhaqaale xun tahay, oo digsiibay inta dabka saartay wax allaaliyo wixii xaaba ee ay haysatay wada shidatay;

Marka 4aad ; waa camal xun tahay oo dabkii oo hulaaqaaya dabayshana hufinayso ayeey afuuftay oo afuuftay oo gunuunucday, cabaar yarna isagaa iska ololi lahaaye ee wey koron weyday;

Marka 5aad ; waa qumayo oo dibkii bay habaartay, oo waxayna ku tiri, ‘ubad Allah, daad ku seexi’, waxyar kadibna roob meel uu ka socda aan la aqoon ayaa dibkii seexshay isagoon waxba lagu bislaysan.

Now that is what I call good observation!

Paragon   

A rough translation of the above post for those whose command in Somali is not so good smile.gif

In olden times in Somalia, there once lived a man who married a woman who after spending a night with her, divorced her in the morning without reservation of any of his three Dalaaqahs*. During that morning, the elders of the village came to him as to discover the seeming hasty way he has divorced his newly-wed wife.

Amongst the elder, one of them, puzzled by the hastiness of the man, quickly asked: ‘What made you decide to divorce your wife, when you have only spent only a single night with her’? The man to whom the question was directed, replied: ‘Listen to me very carefully gentlemen, for I shall tell you why I divorced my wife’. And below are his reasons. He said:

I divorced my wife for 5 attributes that are hers.

1 – She abandons wealth;

2 – She is ill-fated;

3 – She is wasteful;

4 – She is of bad temper;

5 – She is a bad omen.

First, she is abandons wealth because; last night stepped over the shoes I forgot at the entrance of the house instead of bringing them inside;

Second, she is ill-fated because; the very shoes she failed to bring inside got stolen;

Third, she is wasteful because; she put a kettle on the fire and used up all the fireworks she has collected;

Fourth, she is of bad temper because; when the fire took time to burn properly, she, with a show of her little patience, cursed the fire and said: ‘By God, may your destiny amid a flood’;

Fifthly, she is a bad omen because; soon afterwards, a heavy rain which no one knows from where it came, flood the fire without any cooking being done.

*Dalaaqah is the provisional reservation a Muslim husband has, to either divorce his wife once, twice or thrice. Usually, if a man divorces his wife with 3 Dalaaqahs, any chance of re-marrying his former wife becomes non-existent.

Cara.   

This is what I love about Somalis. We are amazingly good at rhetoric.

Just think. A woman is on her wedding night, is she getting room service in a hotel in Bali? No no, she has to start a fire with bits of scrap paper and firewood she collected, cook food from scratch and it rains just as all her hard work shows promise. And some lazy loudmouth who is watching her do all the work has the nerve to criticize her for not fetching his shoes. But we're lulled into believing he's anything more than a mean-spirited ignorant buffoon.

Incredible.

Buuxo   

^i know can you believe it.

Isseh, it was an interesting read,you must now post a story of how the nomadic women were intelligent then their menfolk and their good observations.I have heard of stories that were similar , just can't recall the details.

Paragon   

Cara, Lol. Sakiin laq :D

Buuxo, lol, well you are lucky you have your mom to help you out with the other topic.

I will look around for clever xalimos, although I doubt they ever exist. Except that is for Caraweelo ;P, whom we know wuxuu Odey Biiqe ku dhigay :D .

Buuxo   

Wagar! you doubt there is any clever xalimos? maxaan ku dhaha...Qandho fildaran qaad! :D

So raadi saxib, saas lagama harayo.

Asagaa istaahilay in la furo, waliba lix qodob lagu furo.

Marka koowaad: Nin kabihiisa banaanka ku iloowaayo yaaba ku aamini karo wax kale.

Marka labaad: Qof masuul wanaagsan ma'aha hadduuba kabihii dhamaa banaanka ugu soo tagay, la xadayna.

Marka sadexaad: Asaga yaa u diiday in uu wax kariyo ama hadduuba arkaayo inay wax si yihiin, in uu toosiyo ma ahayn miyaa. Hadduu wax karin lahaa, haba ugu yaraatee shaah sameys, waxaas ma dhaceen.

Marka afaraad: Wax ka camal xun asaga kahor lama arkin, nin naagtiis hal habeen u dhaxay, maalintii ku xigtayna furay. Dabeecad iyo camal xumaan haddee jirto asagaa ka koow ah.

Marka shanaad: Asagaa qumay ah oo hadduu shaahaas karin lahaa, intuu ku fiirsanaaye, habaar kama imaateen iyada.

Marka lixaad: Markii horeba qof guur istaahilo ma ahayn.

Cara.   

Now now Isseh. I didn't offer the other possibility for wuxuu ninku u kuday sidii bakeyle abeeso arkay. Might be the young woman had an uncontrolled fit of laughter at an importune moment :D

Pujah   

Originally posted by Cara:

This is what I love about Somalis. We are amazingly good at rhetoric.

Just think. A woman is on her wedding night, is she getting room service in a hotel in Bali? No no, she has to start a fire with bits of scrap paper and firewood she collected, cook food from scratch and it rains just as all her hard work shows promise. And some lazy loudmouth who is watching her do all the work has the nerve to criticize her for not fetching his shoes. But we're lulled into believing he's anything more than a mean-spirited ignorant buffoon.

Incredible.

^^ :D

Waxaas bee Somalidii hore nin kadigan jireen :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this