Sign in to follow this  
Simple_Nomad

Question on night prayer

Salaam brothers and sisters

I was wondering is it ok to wake up say about 30 minutes before the fajr prayer and perform the night prayer?Also i am unclear about the exact or desirable number of rakkas performed.The way i have been performing it ,is 8 rakkas just like taraweeh prayer(two rakkas each time). I would be grateful if someone could give me more information!

Asalaamu Calaikum wr wb

akhee first of all I hope everything is fine with and that allah(swt) has been generous to you

The respected Uluma ikraam have decided together that the

last third of the night (which is just before fajr when the tahajud is best prayed) is atleast an hour before fajr....so insha allah keep this in mind

Baarakalaahu Fiikum wa laka

Wa Bilaahi tawfiiq

Complex   

Salaam

Mashallah brother may Allah reward you for the steps you have taken toward Him.

The night prayer is performed by praying two Rakah's followed by two and so on...in an even-numbered manner. If you then believe that Fajr prayer has come near, pray one Rakah as the Witr for the previous Rakahs you prayed.

"Once a person asked Allah's Apostle about the night prayer. Allah's Apostle replied, "The night prayer is offered as two Rakat followed by two Rakat and so on and if anyone is afraid of the approaching dawn (Fajr prayer) he should pray one Raka and this will be a Witr for all the Rakat which he has prayed before." Nafi' told that 'Abdullah bin 'Umar used to say Taslim between (the first) two Rakat and (the third) odd one in the Witr prayer, when he wanted to attend to a certain matter (during that interval between the Rakat)." Sahih Bukhari (Volume 2, Book 16, Number 105)