Sign in to follow this  
Conspiracy

Vista Bad for the Enviroment

"The UK Green Party says that Vista's DRM requirements will force many unnecessary hardware upgrades. Quoting: 'There will be thousands of tonnes of dumped monitors, video cards, and whole computers that are perfectly capable of running Vista — except for the fact they lack the paranoid lock down mechanisms Vista forces you to use. That's an offensive cost to the environment. Future archaeologists will be able to identify a "Vista Upgrade Layer" when they go through our landfill sites.'"

I bet this is another one of Steve Jobs jealous attempt..

by the way if you student and your university/college/school have a MSDN account you could get VISTA BUSINESS for free legit and activated, I have to say Vista is quite impressive

Pujah   

^^ I haven't seen Vista yet, is it as good as they make it sound? do you think its worth the investment?

most people say No cause they still using old 32bit processorers , get yourself a proper pc with atleast 2 gig rams and decent video card , install vista then take the poll

N.O.R.F   

Cons,

I need a new Laptop but i have now idea whats out there. Recommend one bal. Middle of the range with decent software etc

Johnny B   

Vista is just what it says VISTA. :D

i had tested it on a dual core AMD TURION 64 X2, 2048 DDR RAM michine,

Microsoft has according to me for the first time covered almost all aspects of the their OS(Winsows), for those of us who were students under DOS v.6.0 , this is a touchable progress.

the UI is more fine , but you get to have atleast 512 graphic memory to experience the real Areo.

The shell is groundly improved , many new concepts are thrown on yuour way , get ready for the SHADOW FOLDERS and thumbnails are for all file extentions.

Many new/old apps like iexplorer, media player etc etc are there , but few new ones are presented too , like the windows Clander ;) ( typical Microsoft ) .

No matter what you think of the versions ( Basic, Classic, Standard) of Vista, it is worth trying if and only if u think you need another Windows.

Som@li   

^Taliban I agree with you, 5 years into making, Vista has some problems, and people are concerned, that explains why 97% say no to VIsta.

They even said NO to the XP when it was first introduced ,,,,, they as the technology is advancing ppl didn't have choice but to use it ,,,,,

just wait and u'll see everybody is using Vista soon ,,,,,,,,,,,

Taliban, what exactly disappointed you matey ?

North, I'll PM you bro i saw nice deals the other day , you still in london cause if you are I know people that know people that could get stuff done anyhow I'll pm you..

JB, doesn't Vista reminds you kinda with Suse10.1 ?

Taliban   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

They even said NO to the XP when it was first introduced ,,,,, they as the technology is advancing ppl didn't have choice but to use it ,,,,,

just wait and u'll see everybody is using Vista soon ,,,,,,,,,,,

Today, the people have more than one choice. Apple's OSX is an example; it runs on the same hardware as Vista. OSX is far superior to Vista (Vista is a poor imitation of OSX), and it's less demanding than Vista. Vista's demand of 2 gigs of memory is absurd.

You are in error; everybody will not be using Vista. In fact, more people from the Windows camp will switch to OSX. Check a demonstration of OSX:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-LGTtdJqZs

They might have a point if millions of people were going to rush out and buy Vista. But thats not going to happen, so the Green Party is sadly talking junk.

Far and away the vast majority of PC users will be sticking with their current XP install until they buy a new PC, which will come pre-loaded with Vista. And even then, people don't tend to throw away their old PCs if they still work. They tend to keep it around as a second machine, or pass it on to a relative (instant recycling).

I hate DRM , but come on, Thousand of people dumping perfectly good hardware so they can watch HD-DVD movies? I don't think so

Taliban   

Originally posted by Conspiracy:

Taliban, what exactly disappointed you matey ?

Microsoft was touting Vista as an evolutionary version of Windows; it's not. I have found nothing appealing about its eye-candyness; it's just a heavily-fitted theme and skins. The system is barely functional with 1 gig of memory; you have to turn off many features to barely function at 512 mb of memory. With 2 gigs of memory, a system should be snappy; Vista isn't as it feels somewhat dragging. Vista doesn't support (a conspiracy so that you have to buy new ones) many hardware peripherals and components manufactured a few years ago. Obviously, Microsoft spent a lot of $$$ in advertisements to lure prospective buyers. However, prospective buyers have wisened up as they have learned from past mistakes of rushing to buy a new "shiny" product.