Sign in to follow this  
Diamante

Waiting for that Reply

Diamante   

As you may be aware (as I have been mentioning it non-stop I think lol), I am on a gap year currently.

I had decided that I would re-apply for Uni in my gap year, it seemed like a better option to me then.

Although I have some offers now, the Uni I really wanna go to is taking its time ofcourse.

Anyway my question is did you feel like tearing your hair out whilst waiting for A reply? The time I have spent logging in ucas track could have been used to do worth while things :rolleyes:

What would I do if I got rejected?

Soo duceeya nomads smile.gif

Baashi   

^^Allaha kuu sahlo. If it doesn’t work out...go for plan B. Here is a practical wisdom: “Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luckâ€

My sister's in the same boat. The only uni she really wanted hasnt replied. She comes home everyday and the 1st thing she asks my mum is if she got any mail..... I feel your pain. Take comfort in knowing you will not miss what Allah(swt) has ordained for you. smile.gif .

Although I went through the process just 3yrs ago, it feels like eons have passed. How time flies when ur having fun! :D

G'luck.

Diamante   

Thanks Baashi and Amethyst...day offers come in drink are on me ;)

P.S. I got my first rejection today, I haven't rung them up yet and screamed down the phone, since it was my plan D :D

Maybe I'll ring them up and do it for fun anyway icon_razz.gif

-----------------------

I don't believe in emails. I'm an old fashioned girl. I prefer calling and hanging up

Funny how the ones that you don't actually want end up rejecting you. I remember getting a rejection from London South Bank, my last choice -for an HND of all things- when I was applying. As Wiilo would say, Go figure.

The worst is when your first choice rejects you. That hurts. redface.gif

Dhimbil   

Sup Nomads

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria:

Funny how the ones that you don't actually want end up rejecting you....

^^You know why. Students put so much effort on the application process of schools they want, like the essays, recommendations, references,1st round applications, etc and making sure everything is on point. But, on schools we don't want it comes through on the essays and sometimes on interviews. Competitive schools see through students quickly! and any reluctance or passiveness, rejection is sure to follow.

*Diamante*

CAn I ask?...How is your gap year. Do you regret taking time off. Is it worth to take time off. I'm asking because I plan to take time off to get some experience. But I feel guilt! like I'm wasting time.

Peace