Sign in to follow this  
survteck

ANY SURVEYORS IN THIS FORUM,LET'S DO SOME SURVEY

survteck   

TO ALL MENBERS

LET ME INTRODUCE MYSELF,I FROM DJIBOUTI SURFING IN THIS WEB TO MEET SOME NOMADES.

WANNA GET IN TOUCH WITH EVERY BODY IN THIS FORUM.

WHAT U GUYS KNOWN ABOUT SURVEYING ?IT IS THE JOB OF THE CENTURY SO LET YOURSELF BE HEARD.

NEXT TIME WE GON TALK GPS,SATELLITTE ,TOTAL STATION...... :cool:

nuune   

survteck, first welcome to SomaliaOnline, good to have you here,

by the way, I remember doing GPS on Airplanes, so I guess u r good at this field, lets see what we can learn from you smile.gif

N.O.R.F   

Surv teck wlcome to the site,,,,,

Well you a Construction Surveyor here, you are right it is the job of the millenium, but can be boring at time :rolleyes:

survteck   

HEY .BROTHERS I SEE WE SPEAK THE SAME LANGUAGE,NICE TI MEET U ALL OF YOU DEAR SURVEYOR.

FRISTH,LET ME GIVE U SHORT HIGHLIGTH OF MY SURVEYING KNOWLEDGE.

I DID 3 YEARS UNIVERSITY IN ETHIOPIA OF SURVEYING TECKNOLOGY.TODAY I AM LEAD SURVEYOR WORKING FOR KBR.INC (A HALLIBURTON COMPANY).

THE DAILY THING I DO IN HERE ARE FROM TOPOMAP SURVEY TO BUILDING STRUCTURE LAYOUT.I OPERATE WITH A TOTAL STATION FROM SOKKIA COMPANY.I DON'T HAVE REALLY GOOD KNOWLEDGE ABOUT GPS SURVEY.ONLY BASIC, AS WE USE GPD RADIO ON SITE WHEN WE DO SURVEYS.I AM REALLY IN LEARNING IT BECAUSE IT IS VERY USEFUL FOR MY FIELD.FOR DETERMING CONTROL POINT COORDINATE FOR REFERENCE.THE COMPANY I WORK FOR PROVIDE WITH ALL KIND OF THE LATEST PRODUCT IN SURVEYING.WE HAVE PUT A REQ ON A TRIMBLE 5600 INTEGRATED WITH GPS RECEIVER,MAY BE AT THAT TIME I'LL BE GOOD.

ALRIGTH GUYS WHAT YA SAY TELL ME MORE

nuune   

I have come to see that there is a difference between GPS surveying and GPS navigation, in your field, your work is based on the surveying which has several characteristics:

mostly associated with the traditional surveying and mapping functions.

The points being coordinated are stationary.

GPS data are collected over some "observation session"

Relative positioning modes of operation, and hence high accuracies.

The measurements are made on the L-band carrier wave, hence requiring special instrumentation and software.

we will continue from there inshaa allaahu

survteck   

AH GOOD MAN,WHAT U GOT HERE IS VERY INTERESTING.FROM YOUR HIGHLIGHT,U MUST BE A PRO IN THAT FIELD.GPS NAVIGATION,ARE U A SHIP COMMANDER OR SELF NAVIGATOR I NEED TO KNOWN YOUR PROFILE IF YOU DON'T MIND BROTHER.TOPO MAP ARE MY DAILY COOKINGS MAN ,FEEL FREE TO ASK ME ANYTHING.WE USE TRADITIONAL METHOD (GROUD METHOD)IN DOING THAT KIND OF SURVEY.AS MAPPING METHOD RANGE FROM ARIAL TO STALLITE......

SEE U NEXT TIME

nuune   

Mombasa-Queen, sister, we are mainly talking about global positioning system, Navigation and Surveying in particular, if in any how u did any engineering course you will be familiar with GPS.

survteck, my friend, Iam not into GPS surveying as u are, but mainly I did GPS navigation in my Avionics(aircraft electronics) or aviation electronics, so u may be familiar with GPS Surveying, I on the other hand will be familiar little bit with GPS Naviagtion, the two can have identical functions in someway but with different characteristics.

here are the characteristics of GPS Navigations:

Mostly associated with defining safe passage of ships and aircraft.

The points being coordinated are generally in motion. this is the opposite of GPS Surveying as I mentioned earlier on my previous post, where the GPS Surveying point was an stationary.

GPS is collected for an "instant", and the solution is obtained in real-time.

see you next time to discuss more

survteck   

SOMETIMES ,I ASK MYSELF WHAT GPS INNOVATION HAS BROUGTH TO THIS WORLD.TODAY DEFINING LOCATION OF ANYTHING (SHIP,AIRPLANE,ENEMY...)HAS BECOME AN PIECE OF CAKE.DEAR SIATE MONBASSA GUENN,GPS IS NOTHING ELSE AN HIGTHTECK SYSTEME OF LOCALISATION.WISH YOU HAD A WALKE-TALK RADIO WITH GPS RECEIVER INTEGRATED THEN U DON'T NEED TO TELL ME YOUR PLACE .NUUUNE CAN TELL U MORE A'BUT IT.

LET'S SWITCH TO SOME OTHERS THING.......