Sign in to follow this  
Maymuunah

glance over here pls..me stuck with some lil problem

I am not that computer friendly really and i happen to have some lil problem which i have no idea how to do it. I have tried to set my email in outlook express( to make it easy for me i guess) but the thing is giving some headache. when i try to set up the account it takes me through some stuffs. first it aks me to put my email address then i do and it asks me my email server and this is where i get stuck. it tells me to choose from three different servers. HTTP POP3 and IMOP..what the heck do these letters stand for..let's say I choose HTTP for my email server and then it asks me my icoming email server and there is also atimes it asks me my outgoing email server..how the hell would i know that. so guys and girls can anyone help me out with this. it may be so easy to some of you but it ain't easy to me.

by the way does the outlook express only works with hotmail?

I hope i explained everything well

Sincere   

You didnt specify what version your using, but i'll briefly walk you through the 2000 version, and hopefully you'll get a better understanding

Ill pick up where you got stuck.

1.Select Pop3 ( Post office Protocol3) (Http = Hyper text transfer protocol)

2.In the incoming email field enter this email.hotmail.com If you want to use another service change it, i.e. in my case it would be email.Comcast.net

3.In the outgoing email field just change where it says email to smtp ..I.e. smtp.hotmail.com

4.Enter your email account name and password.

5.Select your internet connection method.

Click finish, shut outlook down, and start it up again it should automatically Import your email.

Good luck.