Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Flying Still ( Summer Aqeedah Crash Course)

Nur   

Nurtel Aqeedah Old Editions

Presents:

Aqeedah Basics

Note: This topic was generated by a question of a sister on another Forum who asked me if she was a Munafiq since she finds herself doing things that are not in line with her beliefs at times. The answer that I wrote hastely, without even checking punctuation or grammer appears below, and in the days that followed, the piece proved to be originally informative according to many readers who gave me a feedback on my post, so relac and read, and if you have thoughts , please add to it, nothing is complete except the word of Allah SWT."

AM I A MUNAFIQ?

A sister wanted to know ( Am I a Munaafiq?)

This was my answer to the above question, posted 2 years ago. Others may have the same question.

Bismillah, wa bihi nastaciin.

You have indeed raised a very important question on this forum.

I will try to simplify a rather difficult question, please read very carefully:

1. No Soul will go o Jannah who is not Muslim

2. No one can be Muslim without Shahaada

3. Shahaada is information, you are required to believe it

4. The test to see if you indeed believe in Shahaada are your deeds:

So our faith is composed of a

A. set of information we are required to believe,

B. Set of orders we are ordered to obey

The extent of your belief in the information that our Prophet SAWS delivered is measured by the extent of orders that you obey.

In other words, your obedience to the orders of Allah, is a reflection of your belief in the information delivered to you.

So , Islam is a set of information, like Allah, Jannah, angels, etc. and a set of orders such as Salat, Fasting, Justice, etc.

The orders are subdivided in to two categories:

1.Orders to do something

2.Orders to stay away from something

If Allah orders you to do something, and you fail to don so, the reason could be:

a. You do not believe in the information

b. You believe it but you are arrogant

c. You are MENTALLY CHALLENGED

If (a) that is clear kufr

If (b) That is also kufr, the type of Sheitan

If © You may be the same case like a crazy person, Mentally Challenged, no responsibility.

If you are ordered to stay away from something, and you do not, we have the following scenario:

a. You do not believe in the information

b. You are arrogant

c. You can not resist temptation

d. You are MENTALLY CHALLENGED

All but case © are covered.

If case © That is called disobedience (macsiya) a sin and it is what Adam and Hawaa aleyhimaa assalaam have commited. It does not make you a kaafir

To generalize the above.

If a person does something he is ordered not to do, the driver is more likely weakness against temptation, and that person is not a kaafir, this is the case of Adam and Eve, Aleyhimaa assalaam.

If a person refuses to do something he is ordered to do, the driver of his action is more likely arrogance, like the case of Sheitan.

Now we visit a new territory;

There is a principle for detecting iman levels developed by Sheikh Ibn Taymiyah. Called ( Talaazumul Dhaahir wal Baatin)( Synregy of the Apparent actions with Hidden Motives)

I will simplify it for you again.

The inside and the outside of a person are always working in harmony. Except when an outside disturbance influences that person. When as a result, the outside of that person projects and does contrary of what is supposed to be inside.

Meaning.

In Systems Science, when we input a signal into a system, we observe an output that reflects the shape of the original signal + the function of the system that operated on the signal.

In the absence of outside disturbance, we can always predict the output. But when an outside element disturbs the system, the output will not be predictable.

A person who is a kaafir therefore will normally act as a kaafir. Sabeelul kaafireen

And a person who is a muslim will always act like a Muslim. Sabeelul Mumineen

In general, if you leave anyone alone, what he/she does is reflecting what they believe. But the minute that person feels that he/she is being observed, that feeling will somewhat effect the action of that person. An example is when you catch a child making funny faces on a mirror the child will immediately alter his behaviour to an acceptable manner. This is called conforming.

So, when a Kaafir lives with Muslims, he may act like Muslim, to avoid problems. He is called a Munafiq.

And a Muslim who lives with Kufaar may at times act like kuffar, to avoid problems. He is called Mukrah.

Now, a Somali person who lives in Somalia, US or Europe, is free to practice his faith, so if that person does not practice, his actions are an indicator of what is missing in his heart. In this case the actions or their absence are an indictor of the iimaan inside that person.

However a Muslim who lives in tyranny, his actions may not be indicator of his belief. Because, if this person practices his faith, he is afraid for his life. As a result this person conceals his faith portraying himself as non Muslim, when in effect he fully believes his faith and is willing tp practise it to the fullest if he was not afraid. His fear, though could be justifiable or may be unjustifiable, in which case he is in grave error.

Allah says : Are they same he who spends all his nights praying and prostrating, alert for aakhirah, and the one who is in darkness..............................."

Nasalu Allaha al caafiyah. Aamin

Nur

2000 Nurtel Communications Old Edition

Paradise is Possible Summer Campaign

Nur   

This is the second in the Aqeedah series:

This article was also prompted by a similar question that I have answered in plain English, My way is always keep things as simple as possible, because the majority of people are indeed simple, not scholarly, again enjoy the simplicity of Aqeedah, brainteasers are not my cup of Caano Geel, so enjooy reading:

Levels of Faith.

A viewer named Johnny Jake asked me on another thread if there are different levels of being a Muslim:

Here is the answer I posted 2 Years ago:

Bismillah, wa bihi nastaciin

Islam literally means submission to a higher authority.

As such, one gives up his power over his life at will, taking direction of how to live from that higher source.

To be a Muslim, just like graduating from college, there is minimum requirements. Once these minimum requirements are met, a person is a muslim.

Islam is composed of a word to utter and actions to perform

The word to utter is further divided into two categories.

A. The word of the heart, which is belief in what has been revealed.

B. The word of the mouth, which is uttering the manifestation of the singularity of the authority that created the universe and everything in it, and following the course of the messenger who delivered this mesage.

Deeds are further divided in to two parts.

A. Deeds of the heart, which is the intention that drives our actions.

B. Physical deeds, like prayers, fasting etc.

If a person does not utter the word of the heart, meaning he does not believe, he is not a Muslim

If a person does not utter the word of the mouth, eventough he believes in his heart, he is not Muslim, he is like Sheitan, or Abi talib , the uncle of the prophet SAWS.

If a person's heart does not do the deeds of the heart, meaning he has no intention to do something, that person, is not a Mulsim, The prophet said " (Inamaal aamalu bil niyaat) the validity of deeds are conditional to having the right intention(NIYA). That is why manslaughter is a lesser charge than murder, because the accused did not intend to kill, no (NIYA).

If a person does not do physical deeds, Like salaat, fasting etc. then, we look into what motivates that person to do or not to do what he is been ordered or prohibited from.

If he does not do what has been ordered to do, that person is usually driven by disbelief, arrogance, or he is Mentally Challenged (SAFAAHA). All of which make him not a Muslim, except for a Mentally Challenged person, which wholly or partially makes him unaccountable to his deeds ( SAFEEH)

If he does something prohibited, he is more likely driven by strong desire or Lust, arrogance, disbelief or being Mentally Challenged( SAFAAHA). All but Lust will make him a non-Muslim,

Doing something prohibited because of lust and uncontrollable desire, is called a (MACSIYA) a SIN and it does not make a person by itself a non-Muslim. Accumulation of sins lead to disbelief in the long run though, just like sand pepples form mountains, A Muslim, therefore, does not trivilize sins, but looks up to the importance of the authority that he/she is disobeying.

Wa Salaamu Alaa man ittabaca al hudaa.

Nur

2000 Nurtel Communications

Paradise is Possible Summer Campaign

Nur   

For Nomads who did not participate on these boards during the summer due to upset stomach after drinking too much caano geel, Here is a valuable topic you may want to read.

Nur

Nur   

Nomads

I am reposting this topic as a response to partially answer questions raised by a topic on this board titled " Saudization of Somaliland " by an author called Bashir Goethe ( posted in another forum)

Please pay close attention to the connection of aqeedah and deeds in this article and then read , if you have not, the controversial article of " saudization of Somaliland"

Nur

Nur   

Nomads

There is a lot of meat in this article, how come no one is taking a bite of it?

Nur

pearl   

first...jazakal allah kair..that was masha allah..

i have 2 questions..

Now, a Somali person who lives in Somalia, US or Europe, is free to practice his faith, so if that person does not practice, his actions are an indicator of what is missing in his heart. In this case the actions or their absence are an indictor of the iimaan inside that person.

1. say that u live in a kuffar country where ur free to practice ur deen....and u fear that if u dont practice ur deen u will lose ur roots....thus ur rebelling to conform to the kuffar's way of life..... had u lived in a muslim country u wouldn't be soo attached and committed to islam....so would what u classify that to be?...

to give u an example....there are many ppl who are better muslims living in kuffar countries than they would have been had they lived in a muslim country...

If a person does something he is ordered not to do, the driver is more likely weakness against temptation, and that person is not a kaafir, this is the case of Adam and Eve, Aleyhimaa assalaam.

Doing something prohibited because of lust and uncontrollable desire, is called a (MACSIYA) a SIN and it does not make a person by itself a non-Muslim. Accumulation of sins lead to disbelief in the long run though, just like sand pepples form mountains, A Muslim, therefore, does not trivilize sins, but looks up to the importance of the authority that he/she is disobeying.

2. when u say accumulation of sins lead to disbelief...are u referring to kufr...and if soo...does constant listening to music (since its considered haram) make a person a kuffar?...if not please explain what u meant by that...

Nur   

Walaal Luul

I am an example for your first question, at 18 and in ardi gaalo I found Islam, the experience was so good that I immediately exchanged my western attire with a Muslim identity, a thowb and koofiyad, new me, new identity, new faith, i wanted to fly out of joy, wallahi, i m still in search for that feeling, a feeling that was the result of a true search of my roots and dust covered faith, Allah took me by the hand and led me to happiness, Alhamdulillah.

Omar Ibnul Khattab said, " A person not accustomed to kufr, does not know Islam" becuase they are contrasting like day and night, but in Somalia faith was more like a "caado" tradition, than " Cibaado" worship, so when nomads arrived in the ardi gaalo, they were challenged and their faith was put to test, so, some stuck to their guns and became better Muslims, and others gave in and followed satan.

Allah SWT says " Kaana annasu ummatan waaxidatan" Mankind was a single nation, then Allah sent prophets and as aresult some followed them and others did not, like wise, before a serious message of Islam reached Somalia, all of us were same, but when Communism began to recruite people, Islam was awakened, since that time, Islam is on a roll to this day to claim hearts and minds not only among "Muslims" but among the lost sheep of Christianity and Judaism.

Your second question is rather important, because it touches on a aqeedah principle called "Israar".

"Israar" means that you commit sins without remorse day in and day out, you plan it right and execute it without a regard to Allah and his creatures.

A sin commited in israar is usually driven by a greater sin called " Istikhfaaf" not taking Allah for serious, disobeying at will, which is different than a sin committed thoughtlessly and with fear before one commits it and remorse after one has committed it.

Music is deffinetely a minor form of sin, as teen agere, I could not fall asleep without my music, Hindrix and Santana being my favored guitarists of all time, but as I found Islam, I could not put the love of Allah and love of music in the same slot, " Jaa al xaq, wa zahaqal baatil" truth arrived, so evil has to get out of my heart, and honestly, of all the jaahili habits that I had, quitting to listen to music was by far the most painful, and alhamdulillah, in exchange, Allah gave me an iimaan that is soooooo "macaaaaaaaan" that the entire US treasury gold reserve can not buy, and happiness that filled my heart, soooooooooo, "farxad badan" that i cant wait to see the loved ones in aakhira.

In conclusion iimaan is a variable quantity, it increases with good deeds and sacrifices and decreases with bad deeds and insisting on sins, to the point where no iimaan is left, and one becomes so bold as to declare in public that she/he does not believe in Islam, which is the result of continous degredation of faith quality.

Xurmad Badan

Nur

pearl   

Originally posted by Nur:

Your second question is rather important, because it touches on a aqeedah principle called "Israar".

"Israar" means that you commit sins without remorse day in and day out, you plan it right and execute it without a regard to Allah and his creatures.

A sin commited in israar is usually driven by a greater sin called " Istikhfaaf" not taking Allah for serious, disobeying at will, which is different than a sin committed thoughtlessly and with fear before one commits it and remorse after one has committed it.

Nur

lol..luul..it took a min before i realized luul means pearl...

that was some rude awakening....but greatly needed....jazal allahu kair..

Nur   

Luul sis

Alhamdulillah for the realisation, keep up the interest level, iiman is a great topic, like the ocean it has many pearls to choose from.

Nur

Br. Nur   

Time flies when we are having fun, this post was from last summer, subhannallah, see how time passes. Let us revive this page and discuss aqeedah issues in a NatURal way smile.gif

Nur

Nur   

NOMADS

Viking Bro Wrote a Aqeedah article that is said to be the work of Ali Aleyhi Salaam. When we discuss matters of faith it is preferable that we always relay on Quraan as the first source from which we draw our conclusions, if we can not find that inQuraan, we lok into the Hadeeth of the Messneger fo Allah SWT, and if not then we look into the Khulafaa like Ali aleyhhi Salaam and then the Taabiciin.

First of All, any statement that conflicts with Quraan and Hadeeth has to be reconciled with the Quran and Hadeeth, if not possible, it should be discarded.

After reading these words that Viking referred to Ali Radiya Allahu Canhu, I immedieately understand the underlying motives for such post, and if it was not for my in depth studying of the Aqeedah of the Shia Imaamiyah, I would not have taken the matter this serious, but as long as anyone is active in preaching a concept that has diverged widely from mainstream Islam, my responsibility will remain to invite them politely to come back to simple Islam, One Direct route with no stop over, One God, One prophet, One way, One hope for salvation.

In That spirit I call Brother Viking to take my dialogue gracefully with cool head.

Now, coming back to the statements.

First saying posted by viking reads:

" He is with everything but not in the sense of [physical] nearness.

Answer:

1. Allah is close and NEAR to his creatures:

" And when my servants ask you(Muhammad) about me, tell them, I am close (to them)"

2. Allah is With his believers in their casue:

Allah SWT says about Prophet Muhammad and Abubabakar Al Sadiiq Radiyallahu Canhu:" ...While these two were in the cave, when ( Muhammad SAWS) says to HIS FRIEND, " Do not feel sad, ( because) Allah is WITH us"

3. No One can rescue us from Allah:

Allah SWT says in Suurah Qaaf : " We have indeed created man, (yet) We are closer to him than his own Xablul wariid, ( major blood Vein passing through the neck)"

Viking wrote that Ali Radiyallahu canhu said:

" He is different from every thing but not in the sense of separation".

Answer:

Allah SWT says in Quraan " Leysa ka mithlihi shey" meaning, nothing is similar to Him"

But Allah is (MUBAA YEN), meaning Separate from His creatures, He is in NO WAY part of His creatures. But His control is over all of His dominion. A programmer and His computer are not a single entity although the Programmer is manipulating the computer remotely by WiFi or EVDO technology, Because if we assume that Allah SWT is not separate from His creatures, then worshipping Humans becomes acceptable, because Like the Hindu and the Old Zoroastrian Persian faiths, worshipping all thing becomes like worshipping God, which is a falacy.

Viking Writes:

" He is not inside things in the sense of physical [pervasion or] penetration, and is not outside them in the sense of [physical] exclusion [for exclusion entails a kind of finitude].

Answer:

Allah SWT says: " He is the Thaahir, and He is The Baatin" meaning, that Allah SWT is apparent, and He is the unseen. These sifaat or qualities in the Sunnah school of though are left as they are, we say, The quality is linguistically known, How it is that way, is none of our business as servants, indulging in such philosophical discourse is innovation, innovation in technology is good, but in faith it is bad and forbidden.

Vikin writes:

"He is distinct from things because He overpowers them, and the things are distinct from Him because of their subjection to Him."

Answer:

He is distinct is true, HOW it is so, Allah did not tell us, and it is not our business, our business is to worship Him with the Knowledge that He has revealed, in Quraan and hadeeth, which is enough since He said that " I have completed your Deen (faitha dnway of life)" adding to it will contradict the completion statement"

Viking Writes:

" -He is the One, but not in a numerical sense."

Answer: Allah SWT says in Suurah Saafaat" Inna ilaahakum la WAAXID" meaning, your ilaah, God, is BUT ONE" Allah SWT is ONE in everey sense, never a multiple in any way, because the word (LA) in Arabic connotes ( XASR) exclusivity, no other possibilities of multiples of dieties.

Viking Writes:

" - He is not confined by limits nor counted by numbers. "

Answer: Allah SWT says: "Laa tudrikuhul absaar, wa huwa yudrikul absaar" meaning, that sight does not catch up with Him, instead He reaches sights" Allah counted Himself in NUMBER He said about Himself " Your God is But ONE"

Viking Writes:

"- He who points to Him, admits for Him limitations; and he who admits limitations for Him has numbered Him."

Answer:

The Prophet SAWS questioned a woman to test her faith asking her where Allah is, She pointed to the heaven saying allah is in the Samaa, The prophet SAWS confirmed her iimaan to be true.

Allah SWT says: " Wa lillahil mashriqu wal maghrib, fa aynamaa tuwallu fa thamma wajhullaah"

Meaning the East and the West belong to Allah alone, so no matter wherever you face, ther is the face of Allah SWT" So by pointing or facing we are not limiting Allah or numbering Him, we are just seeking Him the way He instructed us, we only do things He ordered us to do, the WAY He taught us through His Messenger"

Viking Writes:

" - He who qualifies Him limits Him. He who limits Him numbers Him. He who numbers Him denies His pre-eternity. "

Answer:

We only say about the qualities of Allah SWT, what HE said about Himself ONLY, we do not say things He did not say about Himself. Allah SWT has 99 names describing His qualities, we believe in it, we know Arabic language, but How He is so, we do not dare ask, because it is not our business as servants, we worship Him, and Love Him.

By saying Allah is ONE, we are not limiting Him, we mean He is the Eternal, because if you want to play the numbers game in this logic, counting backwards, before 4 there is 3, and before three , there is 2, and before 2, there is (1), and before one there is (ZERO), no one is before UNITY of Allah Subxaanahu wa tacaalaa culuwan katheeraa'

Viking Writes:

"- Everything associated with unity is deficient except Him."

You could also say: Everything who is associated with Hearing is deficient except Him.

- Everything associated with Seeing is deficient except Him.

- Everything associated with Strength is deficient except Him.

.............and so on if you plug in all 99 sifaat.

Nur

2004 e-Nuri Aqeedah Vigilante