Sign in to follow this  
Coloow

A question to Nuur

Nur   

Shifta bro

Waiting for your return bro. accompanied by many little Shaifta clones, if that is what was on your mind!

Nur

pearl   

great topic!..learned alot..

i was wondering what is the islamic ruling on in-vitro, fertility drugs, artificial insemination and the likes..

Nur   

Luul sis

You write:

Originally posted by pearl:

great topic!..learned alot..

i was wondering what is the islamic ruling on in-vitro, fertility drugs, artificial insemination and the likes..

Answer:

Ours is a rather wild age, the age of Telecom, ( coversation from distance) , Distance learning, Telemedicine, telesurgery ( can you believe couple of years ago, a patient in Strasbourg France, was operated on, open abdomen, by a Robot directed by a Doctor in Manhattan by way of undersea fiber optic cables carrying SONET signals which in turn carried the Asynchronous Transfer Mode ( ATM) protocol, using an 8 Megabit bandwidth to transmit the video, voice, and data comprising, control system settings, Robot arm position and velocity matrices, and possibly a library of surgical procedures and processes.

Now similarly your question is about distance conception, After chatting on line a couple may decide to have an e-marriage by an cerimony conducted by an e-Sheikh, an e- party is thrown where the attendance is virtual and multimedia across three continents, and the couple decide to have an intimate e-affair separated by the Atlantic, after which they go on line and send their egg and sperm to an e-bank, charging their Visa cards for the service, where their baby is conceived on a petri dish and sent back by FedEx to the mom and implanted in her womb, and in 9 months, she delivers her baby in her house when she visits www.midwifeonthego.com ,again charging her Visa card, and the father finally goes on line to chat with his distance wife and baby, while his distancemother in law looks on from Kurtunwaarrey, intereting times is ours.

This is the trend and it sure needs a new Fiqh, to be safe, the best fatwa I can give to the Pearl of the Indian Ocean is I DON"T KNOW.

Nur

HONEY-D   

I have a question myself what about donating one of your kidneys to a member of your family. People do donate their kidneys to their loved ones but what if something goes wrong and the donor dies as result of the operation will he be punished although the success rate for this kind of operation is very high.