Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

ideas about future careers

Hibo   

i have 1 more year in high school and i haven't decided what to do or be in the future. so can u guys give me ideas or majors that seem good to u.

I really like writing and i thought of journalism, but i need to improve ma english (big time) and i only got 1 n half yrs left and thats not enough time.

i also thought about getting into the medical field, but everybody seems to be interested in that field and it takes a lot of years to become a doctor and i don't wanna be a nurse.

i also like working wit computers, so if u guys r majoring in something plzz share.

tana kuyu tana kuyu.

peace. smile.gif

Xafsa   

Always happy to help a fellow somali sister.

I'm doing premed and I hope to go to med school. But girl you don;t have to become a doctor to be in the medical field. There are all kinds other things to do like..biomedical research,medical technology, public health..adn the list continues.

Anyway girl..you got to research what it is that makes you happy and at the sametime do good for your people.

I wish you all the luck in the world.

salaam.

lulla   

Hey wuz up girl.Girl i know how u feel iam in the same place.The only thing i like doing is reading and writing.So why don't u try the business field?That's what iam going for.Iam going to be business woman!Good luck sis!

Hibo   

xafsa n luula thx sistas.

xafsa, i'll do some reseearch on the medical field insha'allah.

lulla, gurl i hate bussiness, we have this bussiness magnet in ma school n i hated so much that i joined an education 1 even though i hate education too.

good luck though.

but thx both of ya, got me thinking.

peace. smile.gif

Abdinuur   

<font color="brown" face="Times New Roman" size"12" loool @ '...dont wanna be a nurse'.

Sure you can girl. You can be anything that you want to be. Sky's the limit.

I would go wit anything that you're good at really. If you like workin' wit computers, then major in computer science or some similar programs. And if you're good at writin' then, like you said, you'd major in Journalism. Just go for anythin' that you have an interest for. Somethin' that you'd enjoy doing. Somethin' that's worthwhile I guess.

Good luck to you!

I love seein' very successful sistas!!!

Good luck to ALL of ya'll!!!

And let's not forget each other, too...lol

raula   

ma sistas..salaamz..

najma sis, like abdinuur put it..."sky is the limit'..U can do it..honey..don't be a quiter..besides we need lots of educated, successful females back home...

to xafsa.

Iam in the same field as u sis..pre-med..specializing in pathalogy..so holla back at me some time....

midwesta.

Xafsa   

Raula..i'm glad to here that you are in pre-med..to me its just such an exciting field to be in..There is a need for good qualified doctors back home.

So what school do you go to..where do you live? I'm in minnesota. so hit me up with your 411. smile.gif

salaam

[This message has been edited by xafsa (edited 01-23-2002).]

Hibo   

Sister,

What ever career you choose, make sure it is something you will enjoy.

This is because, if you aren't going to enjoy what you do, then believe me, you won't be sticking to it for long, which would be a shame if you've studied for it.

You said that you liked writing and you were thinking of Journalism. If you really want it go for it...!

I mean you don't have to be a Doctor of Language to write an article,and your english will improve as you get deeper into your studies. You'll need other skills and you can learn them too.

A year is a long time to improve, just read , read and read,anything and everything. why not contact a person that is already doing something that you might be interested in and chat to or even shadow them for a day.

I can go on and on walaalo, but I don't wanan bore the life out of ya.

Salaams