Sign in to follow this  
Jumatatu

Ethiopia to Send Peacekeepers to Somalia

Jumatatu   

Prime Minister Meles Zenawi said that Ethiopia will send peacekeeping forces to the newly established Somalia if a request comes from the African Union (AU).

"As you know, Ethiopia has already sent peacekeeping forces to some other African countries on AU's request. So, if there will be a request from AU, we will consider positively to send peacekeeping forces to Somalia," Meles said.

"Nevertheless, if it is the opinion of the AU to send troops and the wish of Somalia people and government we will help them by sending peacekeeping troops. That is something we should consider positively when the question is asked," he said

He told journalists at a press conference held on Monday evening at Sheraton Addis, together with Somalia newly elected transitional government, Abdulahi Yesuf that Ethiopia will continue to support the ongoing peace process in Somalia as it did in the previous years

He said that the international community needs to stretch its hands to support what Somalia is seeking, re-building the country

"We want to assure our support to the Somalia people in their journey to peace," Meles added.

President Yesuf on his part told journalists that his government will try to solve the Somaliland issue peacefully.

"We want to solve Somalia's problem peacefully including Somaliland. Dialogue is much better than other means. War is not the solution," Yesuf said.

President Yesuf also indicated that there would not be two Somalia's

"I am the president of the country .We would solve the existing difference peacefully and form one Somalia," Yesuf added

Asked when he will return to Somalia, he said, "It is our interest to go inside Somalia as soon as the cabinet is formed and to do what are possible in terms of restoring security and peace."

"We don't see any problem to return to Mogadishu. But there should be adequate preparations for peace and security in Somalia."

Source: The Daily Monitor, (Addis Ababa)

October 27, 2004

Isnt this ingredient to conflict? And also an early emergence of Ethiopia's attempt to rule Somalia through the parliament it hand picked on its own.

It is sad to see this we thought we had seen a light by the end of the tunnel.

I hope somewhere and sometime soon our President changes course and solves the Somali dilema though peaceful SOmali ways and realises that he and his parliament and expected cabinet are hope to bring an end to our misery. Ethiopia is part of the misery.

Wiilo   

It is not only "A recipe for disaster"! but it also a recipe for Devastation, Disaster, Destruction, Disturbance, Dissention, Dissolution, Depression, Depreciation, Deportation, Demoralization, demolition. Defamation, Decomposition, Destitution, Despondent, Desperation, Detonation, Diminish, Disdain, Dishonor, Disillution, Disgrace, Dishearten, Disfigure, Disgust, Dismay, Disintegration, Disinherit, Dismember, Disparage, Dispel, Dispirited, Distrupt, Distroy, Derogatory,

And any other "D" word u can think of.... Lol :mad: :mad:

Go figure

LOL @ Wiilo, well thanx to the col. i believe Somalia will enter into another civil war, after all when was has it become possible for old dogs to learn new tricks?

OG_Girl   

Nomads, call me crazy, dreamer, optimitic but I have different opinion about so called Ethiopian " peace keepers" duuuh --any one expects Ethiopia to keep peace in Somalia :eek: :mad: -

My opinion as we say " we may hate some thing and is benifit for us or good for us" -God only knows- So have you ever thought these Ethipoian Soldiers " May finally will unite us and instead killing each other , our weapens will be direct to ethiopians and make us understand what being accupied by your traditional enemy means!!!

maybe we will know who is our enemy from who is your brother!.

I always believe our enemy comming to our lands thinking they will get their dreams come true but they walking for their graves without knowing they doing that :cool:

Well, don't shock, do you believe Somali will be peace just like with this hate and untrustfully between us? I don't think so.

I believe another 10 years will keep suffering with A/Y or without him. Here the solution to prepare our self for real peace is :We should change a lot of things : ** We should start to educate our new generation, Islamlicly and their propose in this life. **.

Already Western in general and American in spesific are already every where in Muslim and Arab Lands.

Next few decades will be real changes in our Muslim world. All we need to educate our selves for muslim unity But after we change this mentality and change our selves " Allah doesn't change nation till they change themselves"

The real battle just started my friends, get ready for long grave and dark night before finally we wake up and smell the coffee redface.gif

PS: I said before and I will repeat Abdullahi Yusuf or any warlord never bothers me cause there is worse comming.

Salam

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

if and only if parliament approves it.

yep right on the point..but did you consider the parliament did not approve the seek for it in the first place. So I wonder will it be ever consulted?

Ethiopia had the ability and the chance to invade Somalia several times entirely. If they were our vicious enemies they would do so in a heartbeat. I'm not saying they wouldn't like to, but the given fact that they abstained from such actions is a clear indication that they are not the evil external force capable of the most raunchest stunts on the Somali nation depicted by most.

The contra-Abdullahi Yusuf group are quick to tell us that President Yusuf will, like his colleague Bush, accuse and brand every living soul that stands in his way as terrorists. Yet, it's wide and open for the general public to be seen that Abdullahi Yusuf opponents brand Abdullahi Yusuf and his supporters as Ethiopian stooges.

In Somalia; There was, is and will always be heavy duty opposition. Mostly for the sake of opposition itself or tribal loyalties if I might add. Regarding Somalia's history, today's opposition, allthough having a formidable image, are weaker than yesterday.

OG_Girl   

Hmm, So Mr Nationalist... Ethiopian finally and suddenly our new president discovered they are our friend and Somali lovers :confused: and they are suitiable ones to keep peace in Somalia!!!

I just don't know how some people think and what logic they using!!

Mark my words dear Ethiopian forces will kill, rape, humiliate every single somali and will cry so long .. the things USA did in Abu Gharin prison will be normal cause they will do worse but this time there wont be any pictures of victims on the TVs and news papers

Salam

OG Girl, I have advice for you my dear. Know what you're talking about and don't let your emotions take over.

International peacekeepers will be only present around key infrastructure and government buildings. They are not ought to combat Somali militias, no matter how much some Somali militias are a cancer to our nation. Therefore, it's hard to believe Ethiopian troops will inflict gross violations on the Somali people.

May I add that Yusuf had Ethiopian infantry batallions under his command before when he ousted extremist semi-tribal terrorist group Al Itihad and Arta henchman Col Jama Ali Jama from Pland. The Ethiopians even than without the international community present were reported not to have violated any laws in Pland at all and immedeately left Somali territory when their mission was accomplished.

OG_Girl   

Hmm so this is your logic? and I am emotional huh?

Well, we will see , time will tell dear, these things you saying we heard it long enought in Iraq and other places!!!

Ethiopian are not welcomed in Somalia whatever your president wants or not and thanks God he have no control in Somalia even Puntland he lost it.. I really loved this :D . He was after Presidental then he lost what he already had for things he will never reach.. Go figure out!!!

Talk about emotional and clan loyality :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Salam

1st.. It is terribly SAD seeing A/yusuf´s cheer leaders ( our own Nationalist in particular ) admitting that this Colonel A/yusuf used Ethiopian troops against his kinsmen, in reasoning and defending as to " WHY ETHIOPIAN TROOPS SHOULD COME TO SOMALIA ".

Tell that to the ppl of Puntland who lost relatives in the hands of the the Colonel and his Ethiopian troops in PUNTLAND.

2nd..Calling ONLY some of the thousands of diffrent militias in Somalia [a Cancer] while accusing OG_GIRL ( the most experienced virtual politician ) of beein too emotional is ridiculous if not disgusting.

3rd... Mogadishu and South Somalia are and will STAY " Ethiopian free zone " .

The ppl of mighty Mogadishu made it clear that , and Mogadishu is NOT Garowe ( The US Rangers can tell you about that ).

If you,your Colonel and the Ethiopians THINK that you can repeat what you did in Puntland in Mogadishu and South Somalia , i must disappoint you and tell you to WAKE up from the dream. :D

Last but not least .. We´re amused by your LOGIC and reasoning.

The Ethiopians were reported not to have violated any laws in Puntland at all and immedeately left Somali territory when their mission was accomplished.

^^^ looooooooooooooool ^^^

What a logic ! what a nationalist!!

Raami, is that you Ngonge? :D I prefered your former name.

OG Girl, that Abdullahi Yusuf lost Pland is far from the truth. The state is under new leadership of Muhammad Abdi Hashi and President Hashi has declared to be part and parcel of the new Somali government.

I'm a little bit sceptic myself and thus I belive the security forces in Pland still owe their firsthand loyalty to Abdullahi Yusuf. Just like when he mobilized the SSDF troops to wage an assault against Aidid's USC forces in 1991 right under the nose of Gen Muhammad Abshir, the then chairman of SSDF. Legally and theoretically Abdullahi Yusuf was a nobody in the early 90s.

And now look at him. :D

jb, I'll not dedicate much time for you, but it's suffice to say that I never was an Abdullahi Yusuf cheerleader. That's why I'm not admitting about the Ethio troops in Pland, because I never denied such thing.

Wiilo   

Nationalist i find your contentions amusing, and not logic at all. Ethopia, and i mean Ethopia! WILL NOT be allowed to come to Somali period. The idea of even mention them are ****** , let alone to be considered them to be one of the International Peacekeepers in in Somalia. I say Hell No! :mad: they were and still are our vicious enemies, and they will remain that way, and Somalia will not have anything to do with them.

You cann't believe how mad and upset i got when i heard that, i cann't even think straight. :mad:

Ethopia is condsidering sending troops to Somalia, My beautiful Somalia, it is unhearable, will never happen. Not while iam alive. Nop! :mad: I know, some of you might say what can u do to prevent that? Well, i will do whatever it takes and i mean whatever it takes, to not allow them to come to My country... :mad:

Go figure