Sign in to follow this  
Ashkiro

Jihadul Nafs: What do you Do?

Ashkiro   

Salaams to all, hope all of you are well.

The greatest Jihad (struggle) is the one against oneself, be it against one's desires, or bad characteristics such as laziness. If you don't mind, share with us how you keep up your worship to Allah SWT. What helps you in this struggle that is life and I'A hopfully others can benefit. For me and this may sound a bit morbid to some, it is thinking about death or the grave. Knowning life is short, regardless of how many years you have on this earth and what you accomplish you and the ones you love most will eventually be wrapped in white sheets and put underground, gives me a perspective and alhamdullah instills the fear of Allah to seek forgiveness in prayer and be a better person to others. It also helps listening to Quran and attending jummmah, this softens the heart for me. So how about you. Feel free to share anything that helps you personally or tips you may have. Jazkallah in advance.

Malika   

It's a roller coaster ride this struggle, subhanallah!

For me,I like to be alone and reflect..I am not one for hanging out in crowds,nor in groups. During these 'lone times' I reflect a lot on life,the now and the after. Also by being loner one can avoid being caught up in petty talks,gossiping etc..

Lending a helping hand,has a significant effect too! I visit the sick,elders in our community and that has a way of keeping one on the truth path..There will be sickness,old age and death! Reaching out to those in need is a form of worship.

I have such an appreciation of Allah's creation,one that takes my breath away every day is water! subhanallah. Drinking water,while thirsty,having a shower,that Rah ma of Allah is overwhelming..Dont you agree?

Hearing my parents laugh,this is a beautiful sound,for all I am,if I upset my parents it bothers me,so pleasing them has been a HUGE priority..

You see sis,there don't have to be big things,just little things around you can help you fulfil your duty to Allah.

All in all,the struggle continues...Inshaall ah,if the discipline is there am sure reaching 'naf mutumaini'is possible.