Sign in to follow this  
Xafsa

Question.

Xafsa   

What is the ruling on people who haven't prayed for a while? by that I mean what do they do once they have decided that they need to start praying.

There are some people that believe that once you stopped praying than in aad ka baxday xerada islaamka. If that is the case then do you have to say your shahaada to show that you are re-entering islam?

Some daliil would be appreciated.

LuCkY   

SaLaaMz,

Thats an interesting question FLying-StiLL i wouLd aLso LIke to know the answer to that.Thnx for raising the question.

i think is very hard chargement to charge that one in uu xerada islamka kabaxay unless u have very strong evidence for that.what i mean by that is nothing can make aperson out of islam unless he/she intentionally make decision of that,(nacuudubilahi min thaalika ) but stopping prayer will not make one out of islam unless he believes that prayer is not islamically appropriatte,

it is, however, very big sin to leave the prayer.but in case that happen what one should do is to ask God forgivness and repent all the prayers he left.that is if he can remember all of them otherwise he should do good deeds.

Bambina   

Salam to all of you!

Recently my cousin stopped praying and I tried to convince him to get back to it but nothing happened whatsoever.I know he's going through some changes and he's conscious enough to know what he's doing but it saddens me to see that.I tell him everyday to think about praying again but then I remember that one can't change for someone but only for Allah.I ,sometimes forget that I had once stopped praying and that it was hard for me to get back to it.Believe me praying everyday at the right time is a big challenge and I know that my cousin has to take this decision by himself when he will feel like it.

Abdinuur   

Excellent Question!

I don't have any daliils, however, once a person totally stopped praying salaat for whatever reason, they can re-start their salaat anytime once they have acknowledged that it is the only best thing in life.

All they have to do is ask for forgiveness and like you and I know, Allah is the most forgiving, most merciful. Specially this blessed month of Ramadan...it is a great opportunity for all of us to get involved in its blessings.

Ramadan Kariim!