Sign in to follow this  
Safe_Guy

Exposing sins of others!

Safe_Guy   

Asalamu alaykum,

I have a relative who im afraid that their crimes might get them in trouble with the law. Should I expose him to his parents whom he respects or just advice him though he won't revert from his criminal ways.Please share your minds brothers and sisters.

J'zakallah.

Taliban   

Originally posted by Safe_Guy:

Should I expose him to his parents whom he respects or just advice him though he won't revert from his criminal ways.

Wa alaykum salaam. By exposing him to his parents, what do you think their reaction would be? Also, what do you think his reaction would be if he learns his parents know about his criminal ways?

Safe_Guy   

I know it sounds harsh bro but he is a young guy bro.. if i leave him be, he might get himself in serious trouble. By telling his parents, it might have them worried or angry but it'll wear off.He'll feel betrayed but if I let him go about his ways i'll feel like a true betrayer.

j'zakallah qeyr

hodman   

^^ Maybe you could find a relative he trusts and respects who might talk some sense into him? If no other options remain then it's better for him to face his parents' anger than ruin his life by being in trouble with the law. You should also talk to him... really talk to him and not criticize, maybe that will help

Blessed   

Talk to him and tell him that you will inform his parents before you tell them. They have a right and need to know...