Sign in to follow this  
LANDER

bringing Somaliland under Somaliweyn

mobb_deep, true that. i agree with you. somali people cannot be ruled by any clan as jealousy will develop and more atrrocities will be committed. as you said every clan wants to rule the nation and expects them to be the legit rulers. it's just not possible for somali people to live together in peace without clanism ruining. if somaliland thinks that it can do it. i say let them because they will eventually realise a multi-clan state for somali's cannot work.

Zaylici   

As redical believer of unification of Somali speaking peoples in the African horn, I have always thought that there are two twin issues that need to be addressed, that is the issues of security and equality. so long as a clan believes that they will be massacred through the use of national army, there will be no point of discussing unity or for that matter nationalism and Somalism, similarly so long as state favours particular group it does not seem plausible to me to discuss unity or other noble sentiments. Once we adress these issues in pragtmatic manner we should be in position to discuss the issues of unification and other beautiful ideas. I believe the machinism through which these issues are addressed are situation sensitive, that is the participants will explore avenues that are approperiate to the their needs and circumstances as they see fit. In addition to my believe of Greater Somalia, I also believe the genuine and equal discussion. That is the negotiating agents should bee free from all forms of threat and forcefull pressure. That is why I am not currently against Somaliland secession, the reason among other things, is that the coursse they took was natural given the prevailing circumstances.Put your house in order, and then we will talk, that is not a bad idea after all. However, emotionalism, Zealotic tendencies and blind redicalism is what brought us to this stage if you allow me to say so.

LANDER   

Zaylici,

Very well put. From your explanation of the nobility in the idea of unity between somalis, to your analysis of Somaliland's position. You've gotta be the first pro-unity member of this site to approach these problems in a purely rational and realistic manner. I think the Unity between somali peoples you believe in is one that is more theoretical or should I say idealistic, very much like myself. However you don't blind yourself to the facts of reality unlike many others.