Sign in to follow this  
Khalaf

Are only Muslim Believers saved and rest damned?

Nur   

Are only Muslim Believers saved and rest damned?

Before we answer this question let us ask;

What is the purpose of life?

Allah says in Quraan " Worship of Allah"

What is worship?

General Definition:

Every act or word that conforms to Allah's satisfaction, or does not conflict with it.

Detailed Definition:

Worship began way before we were born, when Allah decreed our creation, as souls, at which time Allah summoned all humans on a single ground and asked them " Am I not Your Lord?"

We answered " YES OUR LORD"

Allah said : [And (remember) when your Lord brought forth from the children of Adam, from their loins, their seed and made them testify as to themselves (saying): "Am I not your Lord?" They said: "Yes! We testify," lest you should say on the Day of Resurrection: Verily, we have been unaware of this.] (Al-A`raf 7:172)

Or lest ye should say: "Our fathers before us may have taken false gods, but we are (their) descendants after them: wilt Thou then destroy us because of the deeds of men who were futile?"

Thus do We explain the signs in detail; and perchance they may turn (unto Us).

As you can see, humans are all born instictively MUSLIMS, Not by DEEDs.

But for them to prosper later when they are assembled as physical beings in life on earth they need to ATTEST the oath they have taken before birth.

The Prophet SAWS said:

All (people) are born instinctively Muslims ( Muslims By Default-eNuri Original Terminology)

So, once they are born with Islam Software loaded on their system, what happens?

Well, just like a downloaded Softwareware from the internet, THEY NEED TO REGISTER their Saftware, eNuri term( Hidaayaware)

The registration process is analogous to accepting and attesting to Allah's messages sent by His Messengers. ( Shahaada) example " Laa ilaaha Illa Allah"

So, how about if one never hears about these prophets?

Well, in that case, they are accountable only for the original FITRA state settings, and oath that testified that Allah is their ONLY lord. Tawheed.

Nur

Khalaf   

So, how about if one never hears about these prophets?

Well, in that case, they are accountable only for the original FITRA state settings, and oath that testified that Allah is their ONLY lord. Tawheed.

Can u expand on this point? Will someone who never heard of Islam or the Prophet (pbuh), be held accountable is the question. Two: Will not God before the person departs this life show them the way, and its up to them to either accept or reject?

Naden, dont mention it....and i am still on it, was on thanksgiving break so i didnt see the Sheikh until this Friday Insha-Allah. As for Budahism, i believe the only similarity to the Islamic Doctrine is that like Islam it teaches the follower should take a middle path, however as explained Islam clearly defines Faith and Salvation upon Tawheed, while Budhism is not as clearly defined.

Nur   

Khalaf Bro.

There are two levels of accountabiliies;

1. The Original Covenant

2. The Second Covenant

During Accountability Hearing, the first question in the grave is:

Who is your Lord?

The right answer is the default answer during the gathering of the souls which asked : Am I Not Your Lord?

For which we all answered, Balaa YES!

So, if requirements against original default settings are successfully met at this stage,( answering all tawheed questions right) the person is saved at this stage. The requiremet is that the persson did not take others besides Allah as his lords, humans, idols or being an atheist.

The second question asked in the grave:

Who was your Messenger?

Here if the person lived during the times of one of the Prophets, there are two possibilities:

a. He Believed in His Messneger

b. He did not believe

If he believed in His Messenger but failed to follow him, he would be the same as if he did not believe in him.

The second case would be if there was not Messneger at his time or if he did not hear about him. In this case, the person is not accountable based on the verse in Quraan: "Wa Maa kunnaa mucadibiina xataa nabcatha rasuulaa" that Allah would not punish someone ( Hold them accountable) wihout sending a Messenger to teach what they will be accounted for.

Nur

Khalaf   

Jazakallah Khair Brother for your efforts, highly apperciated, insha Allah others benefit from it, not to be annoying or anything but i usually ask questions i already know the answers too. :D

As for this topic, i must admit before i was under the impression that everyone (including the ones who didn't hear the message) would be held accountable, because before death every human-being would come in contact with the message through God's Grace and it was up to them to reject it or to accept it. Islam is deenul Raxmah. Allahu Akbar.

Salaama Alaikum,

Just thought I would add this:

I remember my friend telling me that on the day of Judgement there will be a bridge as thin as hair that leads the Mu'mins to heaven, and there will be a guiding light and the higher your imaan the brighter and larger the light (vice versa for those with low imaan).

Subhanallah, may Allah save us from harm.

Khalaf   

Originally posted by Naden:

quote:

Those whom were alive during the period between the Prophet Isa (Jesus pbuh) and Prophet Muhammad pbuh.

What about the period between Prophet Musa and Prophet Jesus? Or the period before Prophet Musa?

Never does Allah punish until a messenger is sent. Its all the same, the periods between each of the prophets and its called: Zabal Al-Fatrah (disclaimer: maybe my spelling). And Allah knows Best.