Sign in to follow this  
bambo

DAHIR AWEYS GIFT FROM GOD TO SOMALI PEOPLE

Rahima   

I'm glad you are one of the few in support of the ICU to recognize this clan basis of it. That is why it is really important when they set out to spread their stated Islamic agenda - they do so peacefully and through consultation and negotiation. Otherwise - it begins to look like a clan driven expansion of territory and power.

Are they not doing so?

As for the clan basis, it was the case. It no longer is, so any arguments of clan driven expansion of territory and power are nothing but nonsense.

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Rahima:

quote: I'm glad you are one of the few in support of the ICU to recognize this clan basis of it. That is why it is really important when they set out to spread their stated Islamic agenda - they do so peacefully and through consultation and negotiation. Otherwise - it begins to look like a clan driven expansion of territory and power.

Are they not doing so?

As for the clan basis, it
was the case. It no longer is, so any arguments of clan driven expansion of territory and power are nothing but nonsense.
They are to a degree - but not with Kismayo takeover and excursions to Baidoa and Galkacyo.

I wonder why you believe the clan basis is in the past tense. What specifically has occurred in the past several months to convince you otherwise?

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Rahima:

HA,

Brother, with respect to the people of Kismaayo supporting the take over, you and I will never agree. You say that they don’t, others many reer kismaayo themselves say they do. This is just like Southern Mudug, people will argue till they are blue that the people don’t support the courts and others say otherwise- each is driven by a different incentive. What however I fail to comprehend and really find extremely surprising is that you (an individual I respect) would jump off the wagon so easily and to make it even worse my brother be writing like some people that we all know are questionable. I can go into detail here, but I have too much respect for you to do so and hope that a disagreement doesn’t tilt you to the other side.

I am more than sure that the courts would of have given Mr. Hiraale a chance to come on board, he made his choice. He took over Kismaayo by force brother, right or wrong is irrelevant right now, but he had a choice to join the movement. My support for the courts will not wain so long as they continue on their path of good, they have achieved feats brother that no other entity, warlord or leader (including Mr Hiraale) have been able to. I admire Xassan Dahir and I find it surprising that you belittle him the way you do- the above interview is a testament to the nature of the man. Like I said, I find it hard to accept that you’ve adopted such a view; at the end of the day they are serving the people on the principles of Islam. They are not perfect by any measure, but they are doing the best we have seen, on that they should have our support regardless of whether or not we think one man and his leadership were wronged. Qaybdiid let me remind you was once upon a time a staunch supporter of the courts, especially as with regards to the establishment of a court for his sub-sub-clan. He had a choice to join the good efforts of the courts, but when he realised that he would no longer hold the power (negative mind you) that he held, he chose to oppose. Cusmaan Caato on the other hand is no angel but at least he chose to mind his own business. Many will argue that both (Qaybdiid and Hiraale) are selfish and think only of themselves and their leadership instead of the general good- I am one of those people. I don’t know anything of Hiraale, but one thing is clear, he obviously refused to join the movement and instead chose to further his own agenda instead of the agenda on the country and populace.

To end it HA, ponder why all the major Somali scholars from Umal, Cumar Farooq, Shariif Cabdinuur, Cukaash to Mustafa support the courts. If they were so wrong as you seem to think, why would they? Men like Umal who has met with these men, who has been to Xamar know the situation better than people like you and I who have no access really other than the internet and the views of people we all know are driven by questionable incentives. The fact the scholars support them says a lot. That is my opinion.

Ramadaan Kariim
smile.gif

First Ramadan Kariim too sis.

Secondly if I were to write, once again, the reason the Islamic Courts has become diminished in my eyes, it would just be too redundant. I would, however, like to re-establish some points. (1.) I have always supported Islamic rule for our people seeing as though we are an overwhelming Islamic people and Islam being a way of life rather then a mere part of life, (2.) I have always supported the protection and the right to lead of our wadaado hence the reason for my conduct towards the previous anti-terror alliance that declared war on the state of Islam in Somalia, (3.) I continue to support our wadaado and my overwhelming support goes to all the religious men and women who are doing their best to unite our people in Islam, and etc.

However, it is my strong belief that the action towards Kismaayo was not necessarily wanted nor overwhelmingly supported by the ICU (and there were evidence of wranglings) then say individuals like Cabdiqasim Salad Hassan (whom I had great respect for) and Indhacade. Those are men who were more driven by the idea of Barre Hiiraale giving political support to Abdulahi Yusuf as the president of the Transitional Federal government; something they would have loathed seeing as it is evident Cabdiqasim has been on a "get-back" mode, rightfully or wrongly, towards Abdulahi Yusuf for what Abdulahi Yusuf had previously done towards Abdiqasim's transitional government.

Those men could never have acted and nor could they ever have succeeded, but the ICU could have and it was why it was used in a shady manner.

I can continue to write on and on but it would be pointless so because of the little that I had written, I would hope you differentiate between my general opinion towards the Islamic Courts movement as opposed to my specific opinion towards specific personalities.

p.s. I have never belittled Hassan Dahir Aweys and I don't understand where that accusation came from. The only time I have ever addressed Hassan Dahir in a negative manner was the cover-up towards the Kismaayo protests where he alleged because Khat planes had been turned around. All I had merely said was that is not necessary true for those of us who do have families in the city and understand what is going and I had also asked people to use their logic seeing as though the protests begun before the Courts militias were fully even in the city and could have power to decide the general orderings of the city.

NGONGE   

At least it looks like the man knows how to deal with the media and is wise enough to side-step any difficult questions. Still, the interview was very mild to be honest. I would have liked the interviewer to have pushed him a little more.

Rahima   

HA,

Hopefully Ramadaan is treating you well smile.gif .

That said, you know very well that my knowledge on Somali politics is very poor so many a times my opinions are based on what I perceive as common sense, my stance on what is morally correct and what the scholars of our religion have to say on the matter. Therefore, I know that there is a unanimous agreement amongst the scholars regarding the courts, in that they are a group which deserves our support. Like I’ve already stated, common sense also dictates that they are the best thing to come out of Somalia for a very long time and put simply they are making the necessary changes from dealing with the warlords to making the required social reforms.

All that said my brother; we also know that they are making diplomatic efforts with all politic forces, as they did with the warlords of Mogadishu for a long time, the TFG and I’m just as sure that they tried the diplomatic hand with Mr. Hiraale. I don’t believe that they are unjust in their dealings and therefore do not believe that they would of have been unjust to Mr. Hiraale. I however do believe that he refused the olive branch and was impeding the reforms and probably like most Somali leaders is obsessed with power. As I see it, if he is sincere, why not join the progress, why oppose men who clearly are making positive strides for the country? I don’t know much about the man, just like I know very little about Qaybdiid, but it looks like they are both the same. My rationale may be simplistic especially in a forum where no doubt most if not all know more than I do, but as I’ve said they are making the changes that I had hoped for my country and any mistakes they make along the way will I’A be advised by the learned people, fixed and overlooked by us as they are only humans.

As for any misunderstandings I may of have had about your views, I do apologise, laakiin I must say I find it disheartening that you would jump off so soon especially on the premise of one disagreement. For this one point brother you are overlooking every good that they have performed, that to me just doesn’t sit right. Going by this thinking you’ll end up opposing every possible effort for our country because no entity is perfect, including Mr. Hiraale. I am sure he has made many more blunders then the courts. Anyhow, we disagree on this matter. I will continue to support the courts so long as the scholars do.

The point

They are to a degree - but not with Kismayo takeover and excursions to Baidoa and Galkacyo.

As is your opinion.

I wonder why you believe the clan basis is in the past tense. What specifically has occurred in the past several months to convince you otherwise?

That they are now comprised of men from various clans and are not just concerned with the cleaning up of certain clans and areas of Somalia but rather all of our people and all of our land.