Sign in to follow this  
LANDER

Somalia: Peace Talks in Djibouti End With Ethiopian Ambassador's Presence

Originally posted by Northerner:

Now tell me If I or indeed Lander support the current SL admin
smile.gif

The problem you have is..you like to throw everything at the "current admin" because you dislike the head of state.. If the person you desperately want to be President was to be elected to the head office..They will still say all that about SL. Your politicking is not up to bar my friend.

N.O.R.F   

^^You are the SL version of Emp. Liitle to offer apart from blind support. The SL admin has failed miserably.

Originally posted by Northerner:

^^You are the SL version of Emp. Liitle to offer apart from blind support. The SL admin has failed miserably.

Sometimes you just don't make any sense bro..Like in this thread: http://www.somaliaonline.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/9/15204

There is no such thing as a "Moderate Separatist".

Its not a blind support. You're just have to work with whatever that you got. Blind support you say huh..Why do you support Silaanyo? Inshallah, I hope that he is elected. So we can all see "the change"

N.O.R.F   

^^You have comprehension problems.

Everytime I say something about Riyaale and the current admin you jump up and down.

LANDER   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Lander,

I totally disagree with the notion ICU should be talking to Ethiopia instead of TFG. The holes of this argument are many but 2 stand out.

1- This assumes that Somalia is where it’s today because Ethiopia invaded it. It brushes aside the division between Somalis, political or otherwise.

2- This also assumes that TFG is nonexistent entity and lack internal and external backing.

Both assumptions are of course wrong. It’s not Ethiopia and Somalis that need reconciling. Rather it’s Somalis that need to compromise and agree on something adeer. Ethiopia would’ve loved to see such suggestions materialize. It would make her a permanent player whose support is sought by both sides. That one side is at least ignoring, nay fundamentally opposing it, is perhaps the most unarticulated message of defiance and Somali dignity in all of this.

I suppose your entitled to your opinion, but just as you see 'holes' in what I put forth, I see what you put wrote up there to be rather incongruous and I'll briefly explain why I think so.

1- This assumes that Somalia is where it is today because Ethiopia invaded it. It brushes aside the division between Somalis, political or otherwise.

This statement is only making reference to Ethiopia. Other factors aside, it is rather accurate. I don't assume so, the events that took place in the past two or two and half years would indicate so (ignoring the anarchy before that). In '06 when the courts spread the influence to most of southern Somalia, the area saw stability the likes of which hadn't been seen in over a decade. You follow the news closer than I do, so that should come as no surprise to you. So was the spread of the ICU a threat to any wanna-be government created in Kenya? well sure, a national government after all has to lead some sort of Nation-State and not just an isolated town on the border. Secondly and more importantly, the level of the humanitarian crisis that is taking place in Somalia and the sheer volume of people (millions facing famine) is unprecedented even the worst years of fighting between Somalis. This crisis has been caused and amplified by the occupation and its mercenaries.

2- This also assumes that TFG is nonexistent entity and lack internal and external backing.

Again here, we are ignoring what happened in just the past couple of years. The powers at be have backed the TFG but let us recap and understand how this happened and why it hadn't taken place sooner. Prior to and even shortly after the ascendance of the Courts, the TFG had virtually no means to establish itself as an effective government in the heart of Somalia and its capital, had it not been for the events I'm about the highlight they may have more than likely ended in the same manner as all the previous so-called transitional governments. To travel on the international scene claiming to represent an entire country in which the said government has little to no influence what so ever. So as the courts started spreading their control over Mogadishu, an alliance of warlords cropped up that was mostly financed and backed by the same powers whom that today, back the TFG. Those warlords failed miserably and it came time to back a new horse only this time, I believe the powers understood that no mercenary 'somali' force was going to be able to stop the Courts and so enters Ethiopia into the equation and their public face the 'TFG'. Do these events legitimize this masquerade in the eyes of the Somali people? For the most part, absolutely not. Even the western press is well aware of this fact often citing the Ethiopian invasion as backing Somalia's "weak, ineffectual and unpopular government". So now that it's time to discuss an end to the occupation, are we to pretend that the occupier and other actors in this conflict are simply to in-trust their proxies? Perhaps you have some other logical reason that I'm still missing for counting the TFG as a legitimate power broker in the conflict of Somalia. As I saw events unfold in the last 36 months, the 'powers' would have backed anybody that is not the ICU or any sort of faith based governance.