Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

Bashiir Raage: Our foreign fighters are really Somalis themselves!

Gabbal   

According to Bashiir Raage, the current saga in Mogadishu is not about Warlords vs. Courts or even a sub-clan vs. a Clan. According to Bashiir Raage, the current saga in Mogadishu is a politically motivated stunt and reinforced both with men and money by three related sub-clans from Gedo/Kismayo, Puntland, and Zone 5 of the Ethiopian occupied area.

Bashiir Raage in a propaganda engineered mask wished to call upon the Somalis age-old pull to clan support by laying the blame on an enemy clan. Noted. Does that, however, clearly show how bad defeat has been for Bashiir Raage and his cohorts?

Bashiir Raage's interview with HornAfrik radio.

A response to Bashiir Raage.

Abdi2005   

There is some truth to it, there is no doubt there is somali on the side of Islamic courts from north galgaduud, Gedo, and puntland arias. But they are small numbers, most of galgaduud and gedons on the courts side are related to Shekh Dahir Aweys(abtiyashiisa). In the end its big exaggeration from the bashir rages side who as all warlords always make things into tribal issue to get support from their kinsmens(heble heble ayaa nugu soo duulay).

Gabbal   

most of galgaduud and gedons on the courts side are related to Shekh Dahir Aweys(abtiyashiisa).

That is a baseless accusation sxb. Sheikh Dahir Aweys' maternal relatives are infact from Galgaduud, Balanbale to be exact, but to say he is getting support from clans in Gedo Galgaduud because of that aspect is baseless.

I can say this much. There are Somalis from all walks of life and backgrounds fighting for the courts and even a very publicized killing of a son of a minister in the Somaliland cabinet. All those individuals fighting for the Courts are fighting because they truly share the ideology of the Court and not because they share any clan connection however minuscule. If there are men fighting for the Courts from clan backgrounds of Gedo, Puntland, and Zone 5, I can tell you this much about them. Those are men that would not hesitate to fight in Puntland or Gedo or against their own relatives in the hopes of kindling their ideology into the political arenas of our peoples.

Proof? They have done it in Boosaaso and other areas in Puntland in the early 90's and they had done it in Luuq, Beled-Xaawo and other areas in Gedo in the 1996 onwards.

So if you are going to accuse them of something, accuse them of something tangible. Do not bring the usual wishy-washy remanants from the Somali rumour mills.

Things must be going bad for him if he is trying to revive the 90's Somali tragedies. I doubt anybody would buy "the Ds are coming crap". Besides, what are the chances of these tribes coming to together for anything. Like all Somalis, they dislike and mistrust each other!!

Abdi2005   

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

quote: most of galgaduud and gedons on the courts side are related to Shekh Dahir Aweys(abtiyashiisa).

That is a baseless accusation sxb. Sheikh Dahir Aweys' maternal relatives are infact from Galgaduud, Balanbale to be exact, but to say he is getting support from clans in Gedo Galgaduud because of that aspect is baseless.

I can say this much. There are Somalis from all walks of life and backgrounds fighting for the courts and even a very publicized killing of a son of a minister in the Somaliland cabinet. All those individuals fighting for the Courts are fighting because they truly share the ideology of the Court and not because they share any clan connection however minuscule. If there are men fighting for the Courts from clan backgrounds of Gedo, Puntland, and Zone 5, I can tell you this much about them. Those are men that would not hesitate to fight in Puntland or Gedo or against their own relatives in the hopes of kindling their ideology into the political arenas of our peoples.

Proof? They have done it in Boosaaso and other areas in Puntland in the early 90's and they had done it in Luuq, Beled-Xaawo and other areas in Gedo in the 1996 onwards.

So if you are going to accuse them of something, accuse them of something tangible. Do not bring the usual wishy-washy remanants from the Somali rumour mills.
I think you are exaggerating my words, i didt claim the entire clan from gedo/north galgaduud support him. I said there is is people from this aria on the courts side and they are very few mostly from shekh Aways blood relation. It doesn't matter if they are from gedo or puntland they are with the courts for ideological reasons and not qabil as bashiir rage wants the people to believe(hebel hebels from gedo wana kill us and etc..)

Abdi2005, has apoint, it smacks of sheer desperation from Mr raage for him to start accusing whole clans of fighting against them, when did these people materialise how come no one saw them enetring the city i their thousands armed to the teeth.

Raage lost the plot and the support of the people when he said he was fighting" wahabisam" and that he was paid by foreign intellegence agencies..