Sign in to follow this  
peasant

What if the prime minster is from......?

peasant   

What if the prime minster is from a minority tribe?

The other day I was talking to friends at a social gathering event and as usual for somalis we ended up talking about politics and the new president of somalia, Sheikh Sharif. Someone asked what would be the first step of Sheikh Sharif to untangle the somali knot and who should he surround him self to do so? Everyone of us brought their suggestions to the table and i suggested may be this time we should try giving the prime minster to a minority group like the barawani people or a somali bantu. Then distribute the other powerful minsters accordingly by giving them to the major tribes and while doing so give the least favorite minsters to his folks the H-block. I have also suggested that he should also avoid including the ex-TFG folks in his government and if he could not do so may be send them to a distant lands as a diplomats and etc.

The reason i thought so is because if the prime minster is selected from PL, the SL folks will not be too happy and many other folks even within the D-block themselves will not be happy either. So this is of course a decoy to shift the attention from who takes the second most powerful position of the government.

So SOLers what is your take on this?

The prime minister should be selected on merit! Nur cade is an ideal candidate for me. He is patient, political astute and made all this possible. Based on merit, Nur cade should be the prime minister! Based on other primitive and barbaric factors, Nur cade shouldn’t be the prime minister!

merit or diversity?? is the question we should be deliberating!

^hence why i said 'Based on other primitive and barbaric factors, Nur cade shouldn’t be the prime minister!'

This so called 4.5 will eventually do more harm than good! We should know better than to give someone the job based on their clan rather than on their merit! And anyways how do you account for those who seceded or those who do not wish to be part of the central govt! Or the smaller minorities who are not represented in the quota (0.5) doesnt really represent all the minorities in Somalia, i'd imagine its a bit more than that. Right now, we are only working on 1.5-2.5 capacity and this will inevitably cause the system to collapse. 4.5 should be 4.5 not anything less!

What about women? Are they represented in this ridiculous system? Asha Haji Elmi’s sixth clan movement, I presume are not included in the 4.5 system. This is positive discrimination taken a bit too far but I acknowledge our people are still savages intent on negative tribalism and are more interested in the subject matter rather than the content!

Originally posted by -MARX-:

Nur cade is an ideal candidate for me. He is patient, political astute and made all this possible.

loooooooooool.

Polically astute? whahahahahaha

Nuur Cadde got 18% of his team's vote. I don't mean Shariif's 200 mp number. Noooo, nooooo .... I am refering to the Baidoa TFG camp. The sleepy man only got less than 20% of his own team. hehehehe. How do you get 20% of your own political party?

If someone does that bad, it means either of two things

1. He is sttupid (not politically astute. hahaha)

or

2. He is hated by his own team.

Which one is it my friend?

If it is the first one, then you lied and he is not "polically astute". Your perception of reality is clouded and that is no goood. :D

If the answer is the second one, then Nur Ade is not a good choice because Somalis don't need someone who is hated by everyone else.

The next Prime Minister should be Professor Samatar of Rutgers University. A clean man.

The next Prime Minister should be Professor Samatar of Rutgers University. A clean man.

fat chance of that.

In any case, even though Sh Shareef is not C/Yusuf, the prime minister will need to be someone who wont be at loggerheads with the President. Sh Shareef will have a short tenure indeed, if he is made to look like his predecessors who were only interested in consolidating their 'power' in political infighting.

peasant   

Marx it is the barbaric factors that brought the country to its demise and it is something we can not ignore if we are serious about solving the somali problem. I for one have to say, diversification of the government is the biggest equation that sheikh sharif has to solve while of course also keeping in mind the variable of merit at the same time. I think it is not hard to find an educated minority and someone who is well respected in somali society. You have people like nuraadin farah and etc.

Daandurray:

I have to agree with you , the Samatar bros are also good choices and the fact they belong to a pivotal minority group even makes them more appealing than others. Of course move like this will definitely steal the show from Riyaale.