Sign in to follow this  
miles-militis

WHO IS THE SOMALILAND C I D?

I always felt there are those with morals and ethics in the face of adversity and unconscionable deeds, albeit unpopular, whilst others would wish to mourn in the aftermath. A reaction of a decent Somali pained by the heinous crimes against humanity in the case of Ms Du'aale. Sorry to say the same could not be said for the SOL members of Somaliland camp! How perilous!

WHO IS THE SOMALILAND CID?

Farah Ali Jama — Ottawa, Canada — 17 October, 2004

Something so incomprehensible, so odious and rotten, so destabilizing, so sabotaging, and so treasonous that is tantamount to pure evil, pure tribalism, sadism, barbarism, and crime against humanity has unfortunately happened in our peaceful Somaliland, the beacon of democracy in the Horn of Africa region.

The seas are now turbulent, the waves are high, the atmosphere of trust, peace and tranquility has been clearly been breached as horrendous crimes against humanity have begun to happen before our eyes and even though we are seriously alarmed, distressed, and disturbed by the existence of these crimes yet, we are trying to ignore it to our peril or trying to bury the truth to our shame or pretending not to be aware of such a crime ever taking place in our country ever since the restoration of our independence in May 1991.

On August 15, 2004, a horrendous crime happened to a young Somali girl in Hargeisa city, Somaliland that is clearly an affront to the conscience, humanity, culture, traditions and customs, and religion of the Somalilanders. The level of racism, humiliation, brutality, rape, torture, and the savagery encountered by Ms. Samsam Ahmed Dualle, a 17 year old innocent young girl from Bosaso, Puntland at the hands of Vice Presidential Guards and the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) and whose only crime was to travel to the perceived peaceful and democratic Somaliland so as to visit her relatives during the school holidays is an outright act of fascism and a horrendous crime against humanity that must be brought to justice.

The extent of the crime against humanity committed against this poor young and unsuspecting girl whose only intention of coming to our country was no more than having a good time with her extended families or relatives in Somaliland during the school holidays is scandalous, shocking, and shameful. This happy little girl committed no crime at all. But sadly she has unnecessarily suffered so much at the hands of some barbarians and have now found herself in a near dead situation where her blossoming age, beauty has been disfigured, physical health damaged, her hopes, and dreams for the future has been permanently shattered by some Somalilanders particularly the now evil Vice Presidential Guards and CID officials. What a tragedy.

In fact, this gigantic and horrifying crime was not only perpetuated against this poor young girl but, against the entire people and state of Somaliland. This is savagery and criminal act by the rogue elements in the Somaliland Security Forces, is undoubtedly intended to undermine our international reputation, damage our international standing, and to sabotage our recognition efforts. Also, it is believed that this crime is the work of some shadowy saboteurs in the Police Force who work tirelessly in the dark alleys to damage our overall peace and stability, aspirations, democracy, cause, and the existence of Somaliland. We therefore must go to their holes and smoke them out and stop them before they cause more damage to our people and cause.

The ordeal of Ms. Samsam Ahmed Duale is incomprehensible and incompatible to the moral values of a Muslim and democratic country such as Somaliland. This is a dangerous development in our country and a morally repugnant behaviour that needs to be stopped immediately before more of our poor and unsuspecting girls and women are victimized or suffer a fate similar to the one that happened to this innocent young girl.

Therefore, it is about time that we face the reality, call a spade a spade, and begin to question the makeup and carry backgrounds checks of the entire national security forces particularly the so called CID and the Police Force in general before others are humiliated like Ms. Samsam. It is also time that we begin to protect our citizens from these emerging shadowy and sadist organizations, and to seriously begin asking ourselves the following questions:

Who is the Somaliland CID? What are their backgrounds? What are their job descriptions and responsibilities? Who do they report to? Do they report to the Police Commissioner? Or do they report to the Minister of the Interior? Or do they take their orders directly from the President? Who is really in charge of them? Why did they commit this crime against humanity against Ms. Samsam? Who gave them the order to torture Ms. Samsam? Who is responsible for this crime? Is the Vice President responsible for this crime? Or is the Minister of the Interior responsible for this crime? Or is the Police Commissioner responsible for this crime? Or are the CID Commander and his henchmen responsible for this crime?

Finding the right answers to these important questions will help us take the appropriate measures such as to decide whether we can afford to maintain such a sabotaging, disreputable, undisciplined , and brutal force or whether we have to smell the coffee and act accordingly to quickly disband this dark forces and begin to charge their leaders for committing treasonous acts against the people and state of Somaliland.

As a result of these developments, I would like to inform my fellow Somalilanders and the Riyaale Administration that we can no longer afford to be passive or be silent or be complacent of the dangerous Police brutality trend in Somaliland, where during the recent independence day on 18 May 2004, these dark forces used live ammunitions against our young primary and secondary school students who were demonstrating for their rights and against the endemic corruption; many of whom were under age, nevertheless, they were seriously injured, clubbed, arbitrarily arrested, and unjustly jailed in the Mandera maximum prison with the adults!

We also cannot afford to tolerate the level of arrogance and power abuse by the Police Force particularly the recent incident, where the CID officers arrested the editor of Jamhuriya Newspaper at his work at the middle of the night, drove him to a dry river bed, and threatened to slaughter him if he does not stop writing the truth against the government or accept to tow the line of the government!

Above all, we cannot forget the tortured of the two young pregnant women who suffered so much at the hands of the Police to the point of suffering painful miscarriages. Worse still, now we have come to a point where we can no longer tolerate the horrendous crime against humanity, which was committed against Ms. Samsam Ahmed Duale, the little girl from Bosaso. This is very saddening and disturbing. And there is no way that the parents, relatives, and the kin of this poor young girl will ever heal. I therefore suggest that the government to widen its net to arrest all those officers who jointly committed this crime against humanity against Ms. Samsam and bring them to justice and to punished them accordingly by way of public execution. Only then will some healing begin.

On the other hand, I urge the government to take responsibility and to seriously consider flying this poor and innocent girl to the overseas and fully pay for her medical costs and rehabilitation and later to fully compensate her for pains she has suffered under the hands of the Somaliland Security Forces. There is no any other excuse, no one can frame her as a terrorist because she is not a terrorist, and even terrorist women do not deserve to be treated that way.

The suffering of Ms. Samsam will not be in vain, she has truly suffered a horrendous crime against humanity therefore the Riyaale administration is hereby obliged to quickly come clean and be straight with the people.

Victory and Liberty to Somaliland,

Farah Ali Jama,

Ottawa, Canada.

NGONGE   

I thought you’re one of those who say Somaliland does not exist! Does it now or does it not? If it doesn’t, isn’t this disgusting crime something all Somalis should be ashamed off? If it does exist, wouldn’t that make you a hypocrite who keeps changing his words and mind depending on the situation and topic?

Saaxib, this is a very sick incident that no sane human being will condone or even try to defend. I’m sure you realise that, however, your extreme dislike for some of the SOL members who hail from that region seem to have got the better of you here! Have a dig if you like but try to be a bit sly and subtle, man.

Its disgraceful how you try to attack an individual while not speaking out against the actions of those goons in Hargaysa, a young girl is still in jail for espionage, she was allegedly raped and tortured and yet no one in Hargaysa is demonstrating or taking action. The So-called Somaliland media are even attacking those that report the incident. The police are arresting the human rights workers for attending her trail hearing.

What if this was your sister, wife or daughter would you care about some SOL, members who hail from the North West?

I always thought Farah Ali Jama embaressed the Somaliland camp, but this time he showed decency and honesty. The Somaliland camp of SOL, whom brushed the Samsam Du'ale affair as a lying propaganda attack of the Puntland camp of SOL, can learn something about ethics and morals.

NGONGE   

Do you ever discuss things as you see them with out getting all emotional over them, saaxib? Named after a gun and forever firing empty shells, huh?

I replied to what I saw in front of me. If I saw a genuine thread that cared about the fate of that girl, I would have replied accordingly. However, this one was more concerned with the Somaliland regulars and their reaction to such events! Sorry, can’t help it, it’s an affliction of mine to point out cheap digs when I spot them.

You need to control your emotions and try to come and play with the big boys instead of your usual back street twaddle that you mistake for a discussion. When one of your boys messes up, correct him, my friend and try to elevate the topic of discussion if you really care that much. This emotional mumbo jumbo is pathetic.

Shall I destroy it point by point to prove it to you? In the spirit of Ramadan and brotherly love, maybe I shouldn’t. Then again, for those same reasons, maybe I should.

she was allegedly raped and tortured and yet no one in Hargaysa is demonstrating or taking action. The So-called Somaliland media are even attacking those that report the incident. The police are arresting the human rights workers for attending her trail hearing.

What if this was your sister, wife or daughter would you care about some SOL, members who hail from the North West?

First you say nobody is taking action or demonstrating, then you contradict yourself by saying that the media attack those that report it (so someone is taking action, right?).

You go on to say that the police are attacking the human rights workers, so again, someone is making a stand, right? Need I mention that you’ve missed out the guy who wrote the article above? (You probably think he was singing the praises of Somaliland, eh?).

Unsure of the powers of your reason, you finally fall back on your tried and tested method of argument, the complete and total appeal to the emotions. What if she was your sister you say! The replies to that motherly type of logic are so many I’m struggling to stop my fingers from typing them all at once. Still, I won’t bother. I’ll let you ponder the idiocy of such an analogy, saaxib.

Look here, it’s all nice and funny to pass the time having these online squabbles and scoring unimportant points against those you perceive to be your opponents on this site. I’m all for it in fact and when it comes to online combat, there is nothing I love better than rubbing my opponent’s face in the cyber dust. But, there are limits to such a game. It’s unmanly to hide behind a raped fifteen year old girl in order to score a couple of points against Suldaanka, Northerner et al.

Now, that I’ve shown you the way, I hope we’ll start to see a marked improvement in your posts (and most of those that follow your line of reasoning - Somaliland or otherwise).

Consider the above your Eid gift come early and lets hope you make use of it in the near future.

Ngonge – you were not trying to engage me old boy, were you? If so, perhaps you are rather afresh in body politicking in SOL - surely you would want to take off the dark shades and come on in from chill for a doze. Ethics and morals which transcend political affiliation is the subject matter. Digging if it is the faddish term of the day, then do proceed, but know laughing matter this is not, old chap. Right thinking persons ought to have the decency to demonstrate, as Mr Jama so eloquently had, their disgust with the actions of Hargeisa's police and CID, and more so with its leadership.

Keeping it quiet in the hope that it shall go away never does the trick. Alas, Somalis never seem to learn from history. Do not you realise that if Somalis rose in unison the day Dheel, Aynanshe, and Gabayre were sent to the gallows, the mess of the 70s, 80s and 90s could have been averted. Or are you too empty to recall the lessons of those years?

It is one thing to deport poor Somali women and children, quite a number of whom mind you died in accidents as a result, it is of a different kind to stoop this low and persecute children in this inhumane fashion. You obviously do not seem to see the gravity of the matter, and the legacy it shall leave behind. Today many in Bosaso are flaming with rage and anger, thusly the lesson herein old boy is one of precedence – and that is the cataclysm all must be raising own voices in condemnation.

Sympathy and feel for the victim and her family goes a long way in the face of tragedy as indeed this one is!

Ngonge †... I thought you’re one of those who say Somaliland does not exist! Does it now or does it not?â€

On this, perhaps you are mistaking me for someone else. Do retrace your footsteps for clarity, for the answer you shall find in its midst.

Gotta dash,

Cheers.

Jumatatu   

Having my doubts whether the story of this young girl exists at all, cause of the extend it is used as a political pawn by those who opposse S/land, but on a parallel isuue if not worse should we not question those who allow infact to be more precise permit people to board and over crowd boats that depart from the coast of Puntland towards a journey to Yemen which they never make because of the conditions of the boats. From time to time we have heard the number of people who have lost their lives in the high seas. Now is that not a human disaster?

BN   

Jamamtu,

I do not wish to engage in an argument but suffice to say your post is very disappointing.

NGONGE   

Dear Warrior, You wrote a lot but still didn’t say anything new. It’s all in the weight and feel of your piece, saaxib. Were your interests purely intended to highlight the plight of that poor soul, I would have applauded you, cheered your righteous indignations and maybe added some of my own. Alas, you and I (and any reading this piece) know this has nothing to do with ethics, morals or raped young girls. This, as your own words testify, was a clear gibe on the SOL dwellers that happen to come from that region. Let’s not attempt to portray it as anything other than what it is.

I’m not new to this section of the site; however, I usually try to avoid the pointless propaganda and wrangles that some members take for serious and beneficial discussion. I have to confess that I’ve noticed you don’t generally partake in such drivel, but this time, you look like you’ve finally succumbed!

Should you wish to talk about ethics and morals, I’m sure most of those in this site will gladly engage you in such a decent topic and you might even find that (contrary to their usual offerings) all will be in total agreement.

If all posters on this site would try to apply these qualities to their posts and adhere to the spirit of justice and fairness, you would never get anyone condemning every story and article that appears on here as total and utter propaganda. Nonetheless, this remains to be the case and as such, immediate condemnations to similar stories might not always be as forthcoming as your indignant self would wish.

As for mistaking you for someone else, I’m about to retrace my footsteps as you suggested. Should I discover a mistake on my part take it for granted that an apology will be served.

Interesting how you reckon three paragraphs and two lines equate "a lot of writing". Quite the reader, are you not mate?

Quite the mind reader, are not you?

Not so fast dear boy, before, you zigzag the corridors and mash the target as it were, reread original note, and come again. If you care for caraatan, that is , as I shall indulge you! If not, re-swallow at own time.

And whilst you are at it, listen to this interview, and tell me if you still wish to waffle!

http://radiolaascaanood.com/maqal2004/gubadle.ram

NGONGE   

Heh. Even one paragraph is too much writing when repeating the same point, saaxib. Wish you were as pedantic with your own words as with mine.

Though I sensed the sarcasm in the compliment, I would still take it and thank you still.

Now, stop twisting and turning, stop changing the subject and read your own words again. I’m not even asking you to retract them, just own up to them.

Here is a reminder:

I always felt there are those with morals and ethics in the face of adversity and unconscionable deeds, albeit unpopular, whilst others would wish to mourn in the aftermath. A reaction of a decent Somali pained by the heinous crimes against humanity in the case of Ms Du'aale. Sorry to say the same could not be said for the SOL members of Somaliland camp! How perilous!

Don’t rush into a reply now, take your time, read your words, think them over. When you’re good, ready and able to compose a reply that addresses the point I’ve raised, come back and lets bury this thing once and for all.

I’ll listen to the link you’ve provided and might even comment on it once we’ve cleared up the first “misunderstandingâ€.

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by Bari_Nomad:

Jamamtu,

I do not wish to engage in an argument but suffice to say your post is very disappointing.

But it is true and a fact.

Nationalist I do think before I write, may be you could think before you response.

Jumatatu you speak the truth bro. In my time here i learned that the posts of some few people are not really to be taken seriously because of their reputation. This one is not different. Maybe you will become like the rest of us and ignore whenever you see these kind of posts.