Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

U.S. accuses Eritrea of arming Somali Islamists

NASSIR   

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^No, my point is strightforward, Eritrea is not a Muslim country, it has even less Muslims than Ethiopia.

Some people are trying to fool the Somali's by branding this nation as "Islamic" as they brand themselves as "Islamic courts".

You are right 70,000 died and Eritrea lost, so if I had to get arms I would bet on Adis than on Asmara..

Duek, Eritreans are good fighters though they number less than Ethiopia. Before declaring independence, they first secured their capital Asmara and moved on to help the TPLF overthrow the last dictatorial regime. Ethiopia as a result granted them a full referundum for approval.

bambo   

i feel sory for somali people wallahi, waara it got to the point and time were we are seeking help and support from Ehtiopian and eritrea to help destory our land ceeb.

even tho we clearly know they both are not in it for somali people interst, ceeb on us wallahi , the thing that kills me why do we somalis listn to warlords , do we have clear invisible fact that eritrea is supplyin the umah . we need clear fact not just whats being said by mele sanawi or abdulahi yusuf but clear and invisible fact, like how ethiopian is supply and was supplying somali warlods for the past 16 years or is this just on excuse from ethiopian regime and TFG has to support claim because of their interst need from ethiopia simply conflict of interst.

erselam   

You see you are a cripple who would not dare stand by himself. Why do you have to rely on Ethiopia? Why not the Somali ppl? Is that because you have not support base? Shame on you.

Ethiopia will rape you as*** Duke.

You are some crippled Somali with an Ethiopian brain like A/Y.

May Allah save Somalia from the vulchers of Tirgee and Amxaroos

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^No, my point is strightforward, Eritrea is not a Muslim country, it has even less Muslims than Ethiopia.

Some people are trying to fool the Somali's by branding this nation as "Islamic" as they brand themselves as "Islamic courts".

You are right 70,000 died and Eritrea lost, so if I had to get arms I would bet on Adis than on Asmara..

erselam   

Statement from the Embassy of Eritrea regarding US Accusations in the Press

The Embassy of Eritrea regrets recent statements in the Press attributed to Dr. Jendayi Frazier, U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs in which she inaccurately characterized the situation in Somalia. The Embassy of Eritrea categorically rejects the unsubstantiated and irresponsible statements, which are devoid of facts and evidence, and takes this opportunity to once again re-iterate Eritrea’s position on Somalia.

Had the TPLF regime respected its commitments to Agreements signed and had the United States fulfilled its moral and legal obligations by enforcing the Final and Binding decision of the Eritrea Ethiopia Border Commission as called for by the Algiers Agreements it witnessed and guaranteed, we would not today be talking about a “border issue†that has already been legally resolved. The matter is no longer about the legally resolved border conflict, but rather an issue of occupation. Accusing Eritrea and making fantastic claims will not absolve it of its obligations, nor bring peace and stability to the region.

In addition, regurgitating unsubstantiated allegations and pointing fingers at Eritrea to cover up the TPLF regime’s admitted transgressions, after weeks of vocal denials, will not advance the cause of the Somali people and can only lead to further escalation and intractability in the Region. The problem in Somalia is the intervention of forces, namely Ethiopian, in Somalia’s internal affairs under various pretexts. Eritrea has never relied on proxies to defend Eritrea’s peace, security and stability, and is not doing so in Somalia today.

Finally, Eritrea does not need policy lectures from others on complex issues that it has been addressing long before others, and one that requires a lot more than the issuance of self-indicting labels such as “extremistsâ€, “terroristsâ€, and “fundamentalistsâ€. Such statements merely expose ones own prejudices and motives.

The Embassy of Eritrea calls on US authorities to maintain their neutrality and avoid actions and rhetoric that could have weighty consequences for the entire Region.

Embassy of Eritrea

Washington, DC

20 October 2006

^^Eritria are Tigray, The regime in Adis are Tigray. They won their freedom because their brethren became leaders in Adis. No one is doubting their skill at warfare, but there is not much difference between the two Tigray. Also they are led by Christain leaders..