Sign in to follow this  
Faynuus

Hingaada

Faynuus   

Salama Aleikum

How can i help some one to learn the hingaad. ma sidii soomaligiibaan ugu sheegi mise carabi?

if some one wants to study from the musxaf and she can't read what can i do to help her. I know the basics but iam kid of lacking the formula. I also foregot what i was tought long long long time ago.

Jazzakalah khayr

Nur   

Fenynuus bro.

The best option for you to help someone learn the Arabic language is not the Hingaad, as you know the Hingaad is a language skill developed for Somali Speakers to learn reading the Quraan with due respect.

Today, there are Arabic language textbooks written for non-speakers ( Ligheyr an naatiqiin), their method is far better and easier than the classical Hingaad ( Alif wax maaleh, baa hoos kaale etc) because that method had done its job in its time, and today, with the advent of modern means of learning, the traditional chalk and talk, wooden board ( loox) and charcoal ink in a dusty makeshift hut with some 80 kids and a macallin dugsi, with a whip and a punishment of ( Wa Al Shams wa duxaahaa) is fast becoming a museum legacy.

Depending on your location, there are Arabic schools, and if you are homeschooling, there are Muslim Homeschooling websites that teach Arabic, so, think out of the box, learning Arabic has never been as fun as its today.

Note: Some economically foresaken rural and urban parts in Somalia still need the Dugsi.

Nur

Faynuus   

Thanks brother. Jazzakallah.

Yes it is never been easier. Actually we have a well educated sheekh ( studied with some of our famous sheekhs in some university in Saudi. osool al deen maa la dhahaa) and he gives us Quraan, tafsiir and also a kutub on week ends so there are some ladies who shy away from asking the sheekh inuu introductory classes siiyo, they feel ashamed and it is pissing me off becouse ina Llaaha laa yastaxyii minal xaq soo ma ahan? Anyway I will search for this books oo carabiga ah aniga alif wax ma leh aan soo dhigtay.

Thanks again sheekh nur.

Rahima   

You should try the IQRA series of books.

My mother uses them to teach Somali women and i swear it works wonders since these women were illiterate and now are able to read the quran.