Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

High Profile Seminar on Somaliland, Diaspora and Development on 24th May

Peacenow   

Brother Northener & Jacaylbaro, what is your view on unity? Are you pragmatic in your viewpoint on future reconcillation of the people or are you out and out against any contact with the southern people. I say that because a united Somalia is a cherished goal for me. I say that as I know you are posting freqently on the province in the north.

N.O.R.F   

^^One only wishes for peace across all Somalia.

The unity question has been debated for a long time on these pages. I have been saying ‘show me the money’ for all of that time. To this date we have zilch apart from uniting with warlords. SL people were very sympathetic towards the ICU. Peace and justice through Islam is tempting to all whatever your stance. That period was short lived however and now we are back to the warlords so no unity for me afraid unless a viable option materialises (ala ICU or similar).

Peacenow   

I know it has been debated countless times before, but i wanted just your viewpoint. So for you it is not out of the quesitons, you have a wait and see approach and therefore a pragmatic one. A bit like Silanyo. Which is a good, i must add.

N.O.R.F   

Only probloem is there is genuine unity and then there is 'unity' under whatever form and regardless of the reputation/conduct of those in charge.

SL is moving forward but many wish for it to fail whilst they are not doing anything to further their unity agenda.

A dying flower needs water and not acid so to speak.