Sign in to follow this  
- Femme -

Islam is Wonderful--But I Can't Stand the Muslims

Haddad   

Originally posted by Viking:

He mentionned Lahore, it's in Pakistan. This is not a scientific paper which you can rebuke/rebut his words. The man is simply speaking his mind and sharing his experiences, telling us that we have lost the essence.

The "Muslim world" Michael A. Malik has visited isn't confined to a few urban centers and some Muslims who were influenced by the Western culture and lifestyle. Obviously, Michael A. Malik knows (maybe not) people who live in urban centers differ from those who live in rural centers, but nevertheless he bases his impressions on some bad apples he met. Michael A. Malik's message is there's no need to become a Muslim, as being a non-Muslim is better. I guess you're right this is not a scientific paper, it's simply about a man sharing his experiences, although the article appears on a site that touts a source of information for non-Muslims seeking a knowledge and understanding of Islam. One can imagine what kind of message would send his article to those interested in Islam. What particularly troubles me is he as a Muslim prefers non-Muslims to Muslims. It's a different matter to say you prefer some of the positive actions of non-Muslims to negative actions by Muslims. I had a German friend in Italy who converted to Islam in Aswan, Egypt. He was greatly impressed by the piousness, humbleness and generosity of the Aswanis, and had plans to settle down there for good.