Sign in to follow this  
sweet_gal

Three Questions After Death

Taken from Mishkat Al-Masabih; Hadith No.131 of its 1st Volume.This Hadith is narrated by Abu Hurairah and transmitted by Ibne Majah ]

Verily a dead man is taken to the grave, and then the (believer) man (or person) sits in his grave without fear and perturbation.

Afterwards it is said to him: Wherein were you? He will reply: I was in Islam.

He will then he asked: Who is this man? He will reply: Muhammad, The Messenger of Allah. He came to us with clear proof from Allah and so we did believe in him.

It will be questioned to him: Have you seen Allah? He will reply: It is not in power of anybody to see Allah.

Then an opening will be made out for him towards the Fire, and he will see towards it, some hurling down over others. It will be said to him: Look what Allah has saved you from. Then an opening for him will be made towards Paradise and he will cast his glance towards it and what is therein. It will be said to him: This is your place; upon the sure (belief) you lived and on it you will be raised up if the Almighty Allah so wills.

(But) an impious man (or person) will sit in his grave fearful and perturbed.

It will be questioned to him: Wherein were you? He will say: I don't know.

It will then be asked to him: Who is this man? He will reply: I heard the people say a word which i say (too).

Then an opening will be made for him towards Paradise and then he will look to its fineries and what is therein. He will be asked: Look to what Allah has deprived you from. Then an opening will be made for him towards the Fire. He will look at it that some of them were hurling others down. It will be said to him: This is your place, upon doubt you live, upon it you died, and upon it you will be raised up again if the Almighty Allah so wills.