Sign in to follow this  
PasserBy

SOMALILAND DESERVES INTERNATIONAL RECOGNITION

PasserBy   

The point of my earlier post was to see how much Somalis of all clan will applaud Somaliland's amazing stride forward politically and economically. The response I got was hostile from those who claim to fight for united Somalia. They posted picture after picture of Eritrean ...

Since coming to this forum, it has become apparent to me that Somaliland deserves full recognition as a nation among other nations. If Somaliland can achieve this much progress with little support from outside, one only imagine what it can make of itself with full recognition.

My only beef is with Silanyo. I hope he proves me wrong.

Why doesn’t Somaliland’s biggest ally Ethiopia recognize Somaliland? It has been 20 years, why doesn’t Ethiopia do this. It could set off a chain reaction of countries recognizing Somaliland.

Originally posted by General Duke:

OROMIA, O.G.A.D.E.N deserve recognition. In fact all the 6 kiligs deserve international recognition. Eritreas success bodes well for this argument..

If Ethiopia agrees to recognize Somaliland based on British colonial borders, then they cannot argue or cry about Nile agreement which was based on British colonial terms

PasserBy   

Duke,

Ethiopia has in its constitution the right of regions to succeed if they fulfill the requirements. But I can tell you this much, no Ethiopian is hostile to economic progress in Somali region or Oromia. What I witnessed here is total hostility to the fact that Somaliland has improved in leaps and bounds. I think they have solid argument in seeking recognition of their state hood. After all, they are independent in all aspects except in name. They have been living by themselves for the last 20 years.

Originally posted by PasserBy:

Duke,

Ethiopia has in its constitution the right of regions to succeed if they fulfill the requirements. But I can tell you this much, no Ethiopian is hostile to economic progress in Somali region or Oromia. What I witnessed here is total hostility to the fact that Somaliland has improved in leaps and bounds. I think they have solid argument in seeking recognition of their state hood. After all, they are independent in all aspects except in name. They have been living by themselves for the last 20 years.

Ethiopians are very hostile towards Eritrean development. With the recent announcement about Eritrean mining success, Ethiopians mainly from 2 regions only, have been up in arms and crying about Eritrea and her ports. No one is jealous or hostile towards Somaliland, but you claim it had surpasses Eritrea. All we did was correct your lies and uncover the truth among your pack of lies.

Don't get that twisted

Originally posted by PasserBy:

Duke,

Ethiopia has in its constitution the right of regions to succeed if they fulfill the requirements.

What are you talking about and how can we take you seriously? You mean to secede and not succeed. :D

Now go and pretend that you care about Somaliland more than a Somali...

Originally posted by General Duke:

quote:Originally posted by PasserBy:

Duke,

Ethiopia has in its constitution the right of regions to succeed if they fulfill the requirements.

What are you talking about and how can we take you seriously? You mean to secede and not succeed.
:D

Now go and pretend that you care about Somaliland more than a Somali...
He actually thinks TPLF would allow any other group to secede after what the Eritrean did. The ONLF when a political party applied for a referendum using the transitional charter when they won 85% of the vote in their region, only to be denied by TPLF. This lead to a massive crackdown on ONLF and its supporters, hence the armed struggle

^Zenawi is smart though. The secession clause is in there because he knows Ethiopia can not be sustained in its current form. Money and resources have been diverted to build the Tigray region economically and militarily shall Ethiopia implode.

PasserBy   

I don't think Ethiopians have been hostile to Eritrea's development. Between 1991 and 1998 Ethiopia subsidized Eritrea's economy. It is a fact no one can argue about. It is rather the Eritrean regime that has been arming all kinds of groups to sabotage Ethiopia's progress. Thankfully it hasn't succeeded so far.

As for Nile and the British, you are comparing apples and oranges.

Duke,

Thanks for the correction. To err is human but to think one's poop doesn't stink is Duke. :D