Sign in to follow this  
Macalin

Pseudo-War Btw Somalia And Kenya.....The fight FOR NFD

Macalin   

Hi Many of You Nomads do not know the STRUGGLE of the NFD province in its BID to secede from KENYA....in the early 60s there was almost a WAR between KENYA and SOMALIA over the NFD WAR wihcih was DUBBED SHIFTA war.

Kenya was terrified it might LOOSE the WAR but Due to 'Other' reasons i cannot go on to NOW..coz of the explosivness of the ISSUE, The Then PM of SOMALIA EGAL on orders AGREED to LET GO OFF THE WAR.....ANYWAYS THAS A LITTLE brief history on the issue.

A Kenyan newspaper for the first time is CARRYING and Brought forth CLASSIFIED documents on how the KENYATTA GVT was terrified and the propagana wars!.

READ ON..please..heres the VERY INTERESTING LINK...

Oh I MAY ADD...I will SHOW A PIC OF MY GRANDPA(achief who fought against the WHITE COLONIOLIST!)LAter on but I personally lost SEVERAL uncles in that PARTICULAR WAR...here

NFD

Coloow   

Lakkad, as a neo-shiftist, I found the article to have a colonial perspective on the "war of independence".

But it failed to reveal, how the madaxkorankor were given a lesson by the freedom fighters. An uncle once told me that he participated in the shifta war in 1967- and during one of the battles, they captured 8 soldiers from the madax cambuulo brigade.

I witnessed as a young boy growing up in the eighties how the adoon army came to mandera and wajir districts, and carried out barbaric acts against somalis. In the 80:s they gave weapons to all the sub clans to fight each other.

BTW, on a recent visit to kenya, I was accused of belonging to a neo-shifta movement (which I don't deny) and was held three days under house arrest.

p.s visit waqooyibari.com and leave your two cents on NFD saaxib. Look at some of the articles (not the forum) that are posted there- you may find an acquintance.