Sign in to follow this  
The Resistance Movement

Israel and the Palestinians

I had a question I wanted to share for discussion.

Should Israel be a nation? What is your view on this issue?

Should Israel be allowed to occupy a territory and disperse its native population in the name of divine right, or religous persecution?

Is anti-zionism anti-semitism?

Why not just leave Palestine as Palestine allowing both Jews and Muslims to inhabit the state? Why make a division? Why create an Israel, and why if you have created Israel, create a state of Palestine. Palestine is not all Muslim, there are some Christian Palestinans that live in the region as well.

The Palestinians have been forced out of thier homes, to live in constant fear of Israeli expansion. The Jews may have a right to be there, but so should the Muslims and Christians.

Using genocide to inspire sympathy for your political position, is still using genocide right?

NGONGE   

You asked this question ten years too late, my friend. Part of the Oslo agreement of 1993 was the fact that the PLO recognised the state of Israel and that state recognised the PLO.

Everything else was and still is up for discussion. As for the question about anti-Zionism and anti-Semitism, well, that’s a tough one. How many people know the difference between the two? How many people regard all Jews as Zionists, etc?

Is anti-zionism anti-semitism?

As I understand it, one term refers to hostility towards (the existence of?) the State of Israel and therefore has political connotations, while the other refers to prejudice against Jews as an ethnic and religious group (racism). Therefore one is confined to Israel while the other applies to all jews across the board. Also, as NGONGE alluded, not all Jews are Zionists. Similarly, not all Zionists are Jews. Make sense? Am I wrong? :confused:

STOIC   

Whatever the etymological sources, the term anti-semitism refers only to anti-Jewish sentiment.Arabs as well as Ethiopians can be affected by anti- semitic sentiment but since the term has only been restricted to the Jews objectional trait it hasn't been directed to any other race other than them.When we look at the historical background, anti-semitism goes far beyond the current notion that Jews control the world through proxy.Before the creation of the state of Israel, the term Anti-semitism was restricted to theological beleif-the Jews are anti-christ and anti-Islam.When the Jews came to the western world especially Europe they were looked down upon by the natives since their mode of dressing and their preference of seclusion.The establishment of Israel in 1948 created a vacuum for attack and anti-semitism against the Jews by the muslims (with the help of readilly available anti-semitic art in europe at the time-Nazi).

Zionism on the hand refers to self-rule within the Jewish community and a two-state solution is unacceptable to the Jewish community around the world.Anti-zionism conflates into anti-judaism within the Jewish people.They beleif(not all of them) that once you oppose the state of Israel, you are an enemy of their existance!.

STOIC   

When the Jews came to the western world especially Europe they were looked down upon by the natives since their mode of dressing and their preference of seclusion was not received with pleasure and hospitality.

Sorry i had to write that in a rush while doing multiple things at work...sorry!.

NGONGE

You asked this question ten years too late, my friend. Part of the Oslo agreement of 1993 was the fact that the PLO recognised the state of Israel and that state recognised the PLO.

Are you saying that a co-existance between Israel and Palestinians is impracticable and 'too late'?

The Oslo Agreement stated that the state of Israel should completely withdraw ALL, not redeploy, Israeli forces from the territories it occupied in 1967. Has it been done?

The Oslo Agreement was an pact written out by the US and the Israeli government, back then, to surpress the Palestininians in *thinking* they would have a state of their if they could dismantel Palestinian militant organizations.

How many people know the difference between the two? How many people regard all Jews as Zionists, etc?

Good question however one can be anti-semtic but pro-zionist and vice versa. Would such a person be a facits/racist/terrorist or other?

And what defines h/her to be named such?

Thanks for your replay btw!

Zephyrine

As I understand it, one term refers to hostility towards (the existence of?) the State of Israel and therefore has political connotations, while the other refers to prejudice against Jews as an ethnic and religious group (racism). Therefore one is confined to Israel while the other applies to all jews across the board. Also, as NGONGE alluded, not all Jews are Zionists. Similarly, not all Zionists are Jews. Make sense? Am I wrong?

No you are not wrong however am still confused with the zioniost/semitic phrases.

You said that Zionism refers to the state of Israel-recognize of existance-while the other a sect of population.

What if it is an individual from the pipulation (the jeww) being anti-semitic?

History has shown Jews hating Jews and excuting them in great numbers. For example the Spanish Grand Inquisitor, Torquemada, was of Jewish descent. Karl Marx wrote some very nasty things about the Jews, as did Otto Weininger, an important Jewish writer in fin-de-siecle Vienna. Herzl, his contemporary and fellow-Viennese, wrote in his diaries some very uncomplimentary remarks about the Jews.

How would you define a jew being anti-semtic?

Rahima   

while the other refers to prejudice against Jews as an ethnic and religious group (racism).

Arabs also as they are semites.

NGONGE   

TRM:

My reply was to these questions..

Should Israel be a nation? What is your view on this issue?

Should Israel be allowed to occupy a territory and disperse its native population in the name of divine right, or religous persecution?

Everything else is still open for discussion.

NGONGE   

^^^ :D

You’re making me work here, saaxib. How do you want to debate it? From what angle?

Do you think Abu Mazen will finally manage to achieve what Abu Amaar (Yasir Arafat) could not?

What do you think about the Wall? The withdrawal of the Israelis and the Road Map?

STOIC   

Ngonge i think the Abu Mazen Comparison with Abu Ummar will be fair Debate because the rest are daily news bombardment.It's not my choice to call the shot-it is TRM choice- but i think i will appreciate to read different view on Palestinian leadership.