Interesting Article in the Economist from 1960

Chimera   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

quote:Originally posted by Dhulqarnayn -alSumaale:

quote:

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:
quote:

The Pan-Somali movement is led from
Mogadishu by an exile from French Somaliland, but all Somali politicians automatically include it in their creed.

Can anyone guess who that man was? I would love to see him alive today and see wuxuu asaga iyo halyeydii kale ee aabiyaasheen usoo halgameen damiirlaawiyaal stooges ah qashinka ku daray maanta.
He was according to Somali Djiboutians killed through sabotage (airplane accident in the early 60s) by those oppossing his agenda
:(
Mahmoud Harbi
was a hardcore Pan-Somalianist and he had the backing of the Somalis from Djibouti that is why the majority of the people that voted ''no'' in the referendum were Somalis

He was replaced by President Abtidoon who agreed on a seperate horn of African state despite the wishes of the majority of Somalis at that time
Magaciis Max'uud Xarbi muu ahaa? It sounds like magac aan maqlay. Will try to research and see what I can get on him. Nin Soomaalidoon dhab ah ayuu u egyahay.
mde.JPG

R.I.P

Chimera   

Pakistan Economist-Page 24

The Republic of Somalia possesses the largest Merchant fleet in the Muslim world. It consist of 12 oil tankers(average size 1300 tons) 15 bulk ore carriers (average size 15000 tons) and 207 other crafts with average tonnage of 5000 to 10000.

Published 1982

Published by S. Akhtar

Ali, for and on behalf

of Finance and Industry