Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

SOMALILAND SEEKS AN OPEN TRADE WITH YEMEN

me   

Northerner,

you brushed my comments of as a deluge of irrelevance yet you didn't come up with any points of what I said that you disagreed with. So do me a favor and point out one thing that I said in the post above that is a lie/half truth/ BS...or whatever, you can't brush these facts sxb.

Secondly I can made deals with whoever, but that doesn't make me qualified to do so. When the new sharif arrives in town....all these deals might be ka kac and foreign investors should and do keep that in mind.

Ta sedexaad, Mr.Wall street has provided you with two links of the Somali Consitution, please do read. Because thats the law of the Somali Republic where precious Burco is located.

N.O.R.F   

You’re going around in circles. The comments I brushed aside were not up for contention/discussion in the first place. Re-read the thread. You implied the TFG has influence in SL. I stated it didn’t. You dodged my questions for a few pages and now we both agree the TFG has no influence in SL. The other issues you want to bring into discussion are more of a consolation for you rather than ‘relevant’.

With regard to the Somali Law (Somali Constitution), is it worth discussing it when SL feels they are excluded from it? Ie they are an independent state with it’s own laws or are we talking if re-unification occurs? The latter has scope for discussion but the former will only prove your argument to be redundant.

Ibtisam   

^^what somali Law?? I thought it was a case of jus "show me the money"!

Looool, Me lool you don't give up even when it is hopeless.

North you have energy! Gaacaan baan kuu taage :D

me   

Originally posted by Northerner:

You’re going around in circles. The comments I brushed aside were not up for contention/discussion in the first place. Re-read the thread. You implied the TFG has influence in SL. I stated it didn’t. You dodged my questions for a few pages and now we both agree the TFG has no influence in SL. The other issues you want to bring into discussion are more of a consolation for you rather than ‘relevant’.

With regard to the Somali Law (Somali Constitution), is it worth discussing it when SL feels they are excluded from it? Ie they are an independent state with it’s own laws or are we talking if re-unification occurs? The latter has scope for discussion but the former will only prove your argument to be redundant.

Again hadii aad hore u fahmi wayday.

1. The secessionist entity claims its an independant government, yet no one recognizes it.

2. The TFG is the internationally recognized government of Somalia.

3. The international community has affirmed the territorial integrity of Somalia.

4.=2+3, TFG is the government of Somalia, Somalia is united.

5. The laws the Somali Republic are the laws of the Somali Republic. So 2+3+4= These laws also apply the secessionist entity.

6. The secessionist entity might feel excluded from the republic but that doesn't change its status. Its a part of the Somali republic, a rebeliouse region, but a part of the Somali republic.

7. How can we talk about re-unification if the country was never divided?

Now answer these questions for me.

A. Can foreign firms make deals with rebelliouse regions without this deal being affirmed by the national government (TFG?)

B. What could the consequences be for these firms and their investments when the National government takes control of those rebelliouse regions?

N.O.R.F   

This is like groundhod day. I give up :rolleyes:

A. Can foreign firms make deals with rebelliouse regions without this deal being affirmed by the national government (TFG?)

They already have made such deals as they are 'independent (a word you keep avoiding) from the TFG/Somalia. So that is an obvious yes.

B. What could the consequences be for these firms and their investments when the National government takes control of those rebelliouse regions?

No Idea. What laws can be used? The Charter Doesnt seem to cater for this,,,,

me   

^ Everyday is a groundhog day :D and don't give up its so unSomali and no the secessionist entity is not independant, its a rebelliouse region with a maamul. Turn it twist it, wish, pray, beg, plead, try it however you like it independance is not in the cards for the secessionist entity.

me   

Its a rebelliouse region that is not yet under the control of the TFG, but that does not make it independant, it makes it rebelliouse do you get that?

As I pointed out, the TFG, although it has the rights and the legals on its side, can't do much at this time and point about these business deals or any other matter in the SL region. Both the TFG and the international community is aware of the de facto independent administrations that has been ruling the northwestern region as well as the democratic frame-work that is in place and its not in either parties interest (international community, TFG) to cause any disturbance in the region, especially if the intent or message is to attack or question the sovereignity of the self-declared region/administration.

Hence, my point is that foreign advisors should just have some sort of hedge for their deals in order to avoid a possible backlash when the TFG mandate ends and another more efficient and powerful government is in place.