Sign in to follow this  
7_steps_2_Heaven

DUGSI

Iffah   

@ CK

I never attended dugsi while I was in Somalia, but I heard some awful stories from my friends who had the xperience.

First time I was enrolled in a Dugsi was when we came to Kenya...and I never returned after the Macalin lashed me and my little sister, who were innocently sitting there, but apparently next to some girls who were talking during the subac.

Anyone attended/ing dugsi while abroad? Some macalins do things as they did back home... it's disconcerting runtii. I've heard of a macalin whipping a child so bad, the child called the cops on him. Don't know if there's truth to this story, but it's not hard to believe if you've been in one of these dugsis. The macalins would use belts or cords on young kids who were born here and properly never been spanked by their own parents. That's just risky.

Our macalin here, used to make us stand up if we got a certain number of mistakes in the subac, or he'd make you wash someone else's feet :eek: ..and lather lotion on for them..(not that anyone actually did, all you heard is the water running in the tub). I never liked this idea of his, and I still don't...but it sure made us more competitive more prepared for dugsi.

Qac Qaac   

opinionated sis, if someone muslim do something wrong to u, u supposed to give him 72 excuses, b4 u do xan or back biting of that person ok. and it is hadith sis.

Jaabir   

Originally posted by Qac Qaac:

opinionated sis, if someone muslim do something wrong to u, u supposed to give him 72 excuses, b4 u do xan or back biting of that person ok. and it is hadith sis.

brother Qa3qa3.. For the benefit of all the nomads here could you please cite the Hadiith..

Originally posted by Qac Qaac:

Backbiting is saying bad about a person. Now, I am just recounting facts. The teacher did in fact hit me in the eye wiht a stick, coincidently thats my weak eye. hmmmm, so what is the 72 excuses? You mean forgiveness, because I am not understanding what you mean.