Sign in to follow this  
Jabhad

TFG leadership is the bane of Somali people

Jabhad   

TFG leadership is the bane of Somali people

Mohamed S. Egal

25 Jan, 2007

Print Friendly

The current predicament and appalling situation in Somalia is dynamic, fluid and fraught with uncertainties. Such unpredictable and unpleasant quandary makes all of us wonder where we are heading and what the future holds for an ordinary Somali yearning for better, secure and stable country. Transitional Federal Government (TFG) leaders, indeed, pursued perilous policy path that could lead us to fiasco and a recipe for further disaster.

The invasion of Ethiopian troops to our homeland is arguably the greatest of all the maladies that bedevil Somali nation. It was very clear from the outset that Ethiopian intervention and invasion was imminent and the election of Abdillahi Yusuf as interim president heralded the current situation of our country occupied by Ethiopian troops. It was incident waiting to happen and a golden opportunity knocked their door when an Islamic Court Union group emerged into the political landscape of Somalia and regrettably took hasty decisions that resulted in their demise. It was a matter of time and TFG wasted not a minute to call their protector and patron and this reminds me about our Somali saying “ Meel aan rabey roob ma igu Eryey”.

I never thought, in my wildest dreams, that I’d ever see Ethiopians not only occupying and flexing their military muscle mercilessly and vigorously to our people but are also roaming the country and putting in place an insidious plan to achieve their lifetime goal. Americans and Ethiopians are in cahoots working together to undertake common strategic mission. Consequently, the Ethiopians have received the license to kill and it is like an open season for hunting. As tragic as it sounds for majority of Somalis with some sense of nationalism and patriotism, it is unfortunately a triumph and victory for few supporters of this moribund TFG government that are driven by clannish politics.

Hitherto, I have been refraining myself from plunging into foray of Somali politics while I am living at the heart of Nugal Valley gracefully tending my herd of camel that are far and away from clear and present danger facing my other brothers at lower Jubba Region. However, I am coming around this time to divulging the full extent of my feeling of vexation and frustration directed towards the Transitional Federal Government (TFG) leading team in general and to the president in particular.

It is my personal and naïve opinion that the interim president has been, is and will be the bane of the Somali People and I would like to substantiate my claim in the following few assertions that are based on factual statements. However, I should point out in crystal clear that it is not my intention to taint the reputation of elected transitional government leaders but it is an honest and sobering assessment of those leaders by re-examining some of their recent political remarks, actions and moves that are nationally and morally repugnant to say the least.

Our Interim president has set precedence in our nation as being the first Somali political dissident who sought alliance from our century old foe and established launching base in Ethiopia and attacked nowhere else other than his home base of Mudug and not the heart of the Siad Barre Regime. It is hard to swallow and trust someone whose personal lust of power could even drive him to kill his own sons and brothers. Our President is a man well-known for his proclivities toward military interventions and use of coercive force can not stabilize our country. Ethiopian presence is definitely driving wedge against the Somali people.

Again, our Interim president will go into the history of our beleaguered nation as the first puppet, stooge and spineless president elected and protected by Ethiopian regime. Sadly, the use of Ethiopian troops is viewed by President Yusuf as a linchpin of securing and saving his presidency and indeed he cannot live and rule without them at least in his mindset.

Our leader is one of the wolves that plunged our country into abyss, anarchy and anguish and turned our beautiful country into a living hell. Arguably, Mr Yusuf is part and parcel of the warlord syndrome in our country and was instrumental in spearheading and establishing SSRC group responsible for the total collapse of previous transitional national government. The re-emergence of the warlords, though incapacitated, is still indicative of his association with these wolves.

Other leaders of the TFG are characterized by ineptitude, incompetence and inability to govern and forge policy of reconstruction and reconciliation to resuscitate the shattered state. The current PM had no prior political experience and looked clean but he was a wolf in sheep’s clothing. The controversial foreign minister with his tendencies towards venality is worrisome. Quite recently, he has made incongruent remarks regarding the C-130 bombing of Lower Jubba region conflicted with earlier statement of his president who stated naively his lack of knowledge of the air assault to his country and his people. Even worse, adding insult to an injury, both of them stated their support and justified the American air attack notwithstanding the loss of innocent lives of our people and their livestock.

To put my perspective in a nutshell, lack of leadership has been and is still at the core of myriad of problems facing our country. We are betrayed by our leaders who appear to have narrow vision mystified by petty considerations. Presently, we cannot afford to let those with shallow insight and short memory to put our country into further perils and problems. I hope the president calls quit and resigns as soon as possible before our victimized nomads accuse him for national treason or crime against his own people.

Jabhad   

"Again, our Interim president will go into the history of our beleaguered nation as the first puppet, stooge and spineless president elected and protected by Ethiopian regime. Sadly, the use of Ethiopian troops is viewed by President Yusuf as a linchpin of securing and saving his presidency and indeed he cannot live and rule without them at least in his mindset."

The last acts of a desperate criminal which will surely fail.