Sign in to follow this  
kidd

He speaks of his recent trip to Somalia.

kidd   

Folks, the question I would like to put on you is what exactly are you (personally) doing about Somalia’s situation?

Those of you in diaspora, do u have a plan for your country? Are you talking to your Imams, governors, MPs, Senators about Somalia? Be specific about exactly what you’ve done or trying to do and let us know!

This is Senator Maria Cantwell of Washington.

ti0306b.jpg

This is Senator Patty Murray oF Washington.

murray_patty_d-wa_victoryday_110502.jpg

On August 1st, Senator Patty Murray and Maria Cantwell the two Representatives for the State of Washington spent the day in Seattle Washington. That's when the Somali community of Seattle meant with the Senators.

We talked about the New Government and the stage Somalia is at this moment. We even put Hibo Mohamed Elmi Public Relations Special Advisor, Somali President on the line so she could further inform the Senators about Somalia. Hibo then put the President on the line and he talked to the senators and told them what he needs to get his job done.

Now what the somalia community of Seattle that i part take in plans to do is go around the 50 states and talk with their Representatives of Each state. Its a tour To put the Somalia back on the American agenda.The leader of the Tour Hibo Mohamed Elmi. Senator Patty Murray will start the Tour with us to the first 5 states and then we are alond.

The Senators told us that most of the senators we will find in D.C that's where we plan to start first in the Eastcoast of the United states. There is a Meeting the Senators will have December 4th by then would like to conclud our tour. We hope by then Somalia will be on the agenda does not better what number it is.

p.s.warya kidd what you guys doing in Kuwait or should i say in the middle east as a whole. Kuwait is such a small country. We plan to cover the whole North America There are brother that are doing the same thing we are about to do in America already in Canada.

kidd   

Plenty of activities are happening in this part of the world that contributes the well-being and stabilizing Somalia in the long run. For example, there is a (SOY) Somali Youth Organization in Kuwait City that gathers aids and sends it back home to help school students/orphans in Somalia. SOY invites Somali businesses owners and other donors in support of teachers and their students in Somalia. Their members visit parts of Somalia and provide financial and moral support to different regions in the country; they offer trainings to new teachers and promote community involvements. Apart from SOY’s strong involvement to Somalia’s education, they’ve contacted directly to Sabah al-Ahmad, Kuwaiti’s Prime Minister, to help Somali’s new TNG and Somali people in general. Good things are in store for Somalis insha’allah!

M.I.L.K sxb to answer your question, I am a proud member of SOY!!

Kurtun, sxb I would like to think of myself a productive member of society, NOT FADHI-KUDIRIR!!