Sign in to follow this  
StarGazer

How can I increase my love for the Prophet (s.a.w)?

How can I increase my love for the Prophet-may Allah bless him and give him peace?

Answered by Shaykh Amjad Rasheed

In the Name of Allah, Most Merciful and Compassionate. May His abundant blessing and most perfect of peace be on His Beloved Prophet, the best of creation, and his family, companions and followers.

Being realized in the love of the Prophet – may Allah bless him and give him peace - is a great station that every Muslim should aspire to. You can increase your love by doing the following:

First: You should be steadfast in doing what he ordered and refraining from what he forbade. If you do not obey him, you can not dream of increasing your love for him - may Allah bless him and give peace.

Second: You should carefully observe his sunnahs (states) in acts of worship such as prayer and fasting, as well as his way of performing everyday activities such as dressing, eating, sleeping and dealing with people.

Third: You should constantly recite the blessings and prayer upon him – may Allah bless him and give him peace – while making earnest and sincere Du‘a to Allah to deepen your love for him-may Allah bless him and give him peace- and ask Him to let you see the Prophet- may Allah bless him and give him peace- in your sleep. It is also recommended to read a book on the meanings, the forms, the benefits as well as the rewards of saying the blessings and prayer upon the Prophet – may Allah bless him and give peace. For example: “Addurr il-Mndood fi s-Salati ‘ala Sahib il-Maqam il-Mahmood,” by Imam Ibn Hajar al-Haytami.

Fourth: you should read the books which illustrate his physical description, character traits and spiritual states. Examples of such books are:

1- “Ash-Shama‘il al-Muhammadiyah” (The Mohammedan goodly traits) by Imam at-Tirmithi,

2- “Ash-Shifa of Qadi ‘Iyad” (m. This book has been translated into English by Aisha Bewley).

3- “Al-Qasida il-Hamziyyah” (The Hamza rhyming poem) by Imam al-Busayri, and the commentary on it by Imam ibn Hajar al-Haytami.

4- “Mohammad Rasool ul-laah” by the Hadith scholar, sheikh Abdullah Siraj id-Deen.

These are just examples of the great number of books on the Prophet – may Allah bless him and give him peace. Some calculated these books to reach 30 thousands.

Fifth: You should read and listen to the recitation of the Prophetic eulogies (m. poems praising the Prophet) composed by his lovers – may Allah bless him and give peace. Among the best of these numerous poems which increase one’s longing for the Prophet- may Allah bless him and give him peace- is the “Burda” by Imam al-Busayri. It is also recommended to read a commentary on the “Burda” like that of the scholar Ibraheem al-Bajoori.

Sixth: You should visit him – may Allah bless him and give him peace-in his mosque. For visiting his grave has a tremendous impact on deepening one’s love and attachment to him – may Allah bless him and give him peace. Only he who is deprived of the good would deny this.

Seventh: You should sit with the lovers of the Prophet- may Allah bless him and give peace- in sessions in which the predominant subject is the Prophetic noble characters, his good qualities, and the stories of his lovers - may Allah bless him and give peace. This will increase the longing and please the heart.

- Amjad Rasheed

(Translated by Abu Muhammad Rahil)

Shaykh Amjad Rasheed is a Jordanian Shafi`i faqih and PhD in Islamic Law. He has studied under top scholars in Jordan, Syria, and Tarim, and obtained ijazas from his teachers. He is a student of Shaykh Nuh Keller, and is currently teaching the Shariah sciences, including high-level texts in fiqh and usul, at the Faculty of Shariah in Tarim (Hardamawt, Yemen) under the guidance of his teacher the noble faqih and mufti Shaykh Muhammad al-Khatib.

Qac Qaac   

by not exagerating i think, out of all the posts i see in sol, i think this is one of the best... once again thank you sister. it is very beneficial to us.

i read the Shama'il that book will show you, how the prophet scw was a perfect man... from the way he prays to the way he eats, and deals with ppl. masha'allah. thanks

Nur   

Good post Kaha sis

It is said that a man once complained to a learned Sheikh that he has never seen the Priophet SAWS in his dreams, and he would be happy if he can see the Prophet SAWS in his dreams.

The Sheikh adviced the man that if he wants to see the prophet SAWS in his dreams he should eat a lot of fish before he goes to bed at night.

The man ate a lot of fish as the Sheikh adviced him and went to bed. He then came to the Sheikh and complained that he did not see the prophet SAWS in his dream last night, instead, the man saw streams of water and rivers in his dream.

The Sheikh told him, because you ate fish, at night you were in need of water to drink to digest the salty fish in your stomach, so your dreams revolved around water.

Like wise our dreams revolve around dire needs, so if you want to see the prophet SAWS, you have to develop his love and make an effort to follow his Sunnah. That way, you may see him in your dreams as well as in the day of Judgement.

Nur

"Every Person Will Be Resurrected With Their Loved Ones "

Nur   

Kaaha (aka Stargazer) sis

Another way to get closer to the prophet SAWS is through Salaat on his soul, it was reported by the prophet SAWS that the closest to him in the hereater are thoses who made Salaat on his soul, so how about a 1000 salaat on his soul per day? that wil earn you a place next to his in Paradise.

Nur