Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Somali parliament backs plan for peacekeepers

naxar nugaaled why are we lying to each other ethopia's army is already there. i don't see any sudan's or other igadsom there. my question will resolution say the government that court have to agreed to have one government? if it does say then its all out war between the two not ethopia ....the only way somalia is going to have peace is if there is a power sharing. and us know if there is al qaida in somalia they have make sure the govrnment works which includes wadaado i don't think they wanna like iraq like che...said it going to be a guerilla war.

^^^Some valid poitns, but like NN said the lifting of the arms embargo will help the government, get training and support from around the world. For example even the Chinese are ready to help with training and even peace keepers. Today we have the Russains supporting this motion. So this is bigger than Ethiopia and even Igad. This is Somalia coming back from the long years of ISOLATION.

I trully belive when the TFG gets the right support it will be able on its own to secure the country even Mogadishu. The Clan Courts know this, thus this outcry and consistant idle threats to every one from Kenya to the US..

Duke you don't see the problem? its yey its government its the people the represent from the south the theive that had the road blocks are wasiro wasiro ku xigeen. tell me the people who represent can u recall any one of them having raod block.........people leave yey alone i'm talking the rest of them. me personally the only reason i'm againts the government its i don't like gedi, caydiid, qanyare caato muse bare indhacade....hey he would've part of the goverment if he wasnot work qasim anywayz there is issues that need to be resolove before the government can go to mogdisho.....do you really believe qanyare would go to mogdisho after all that killing him and his buddies did. i believe the decent people of somaliland and puntland need to talk to the leaders of the court and convince them to be part of the government the suldaak iyo ugaas yaash . no one can deal with gedi sxb.

^^^Geedi I never much liked, but to undermine him you need to get partners on the otehr side. The warlords are weakened and their time is over. Now its time for the clan courts to be removed.

Building national institutions and becoming more integrated in the world community is the best bet to moving away from the culture of the gun.

XOX, I must disagree, power sharing is not the salution. The salution is kicking all anarchist out the country. Where were you these few years, we have been trying to figure a power sharing forumla for the past 16 years and we have found the only one that will work in Somalia, what sort of power sharing are you talking about? One based on rerligion or ideology or clan representation. I am fear there is no sharing between the first two. further more, as soon as there is power sharing between the benadir based UIC and The TFG, what will you to another "peoples uprising" in juba, bari, bay or waqoye galbet? enough with this power sharing nonses, power is being already shared.

By the way, like I said, there will be no need for ethiopian support once the sanctions are changed. There would not be in the first place had it not been.

also, you have right disapprove of your government

but an armed opposition based on who is in the government is treason anywhere but Somalia.

for these terrorist/wadaads