Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Dhusa Mareb: Al Shabaab enter town through heavy fighting

Timur   

Shabaab took Dhusomareeb, Ahlu Sunna came back and Al-Shabaab vacated, then Al-Shabaab hit back and took the entire city through force.

As of the moment, Al-Shabaab is in control of Dhusomareeb and the Sufis lost Cadaado to the pro-Shabaab Ximan & Xeeb administration - Sufis are boxed-in and they won't be welcome in Cabudwaaq either.

^^^Al Shabaab wont hold on to the Dhusamareeb, but this is a major headache for Sharif Hotel. He has no allies even within Ahlu Clan.

Actually the Sufi's still control Abudwaq and Xiiraale and its getting complicated..

Timur   

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^Al Shabaab wont hold on to the say, but this is a major headache for Sharif Hotel.

Actually the Sufi's still control Abudwaq and Xiiraale and its getting complicated..

I have no clue about that Xiiraale town, must not be significant. As for Cabudwaaq, those guys don't give a crap about this Sufi thing, they know its a political ploy by the USC folks, they withdrew long ago and are now forming "Central State."

I think the strength of Ahlu Sunnah diminished greatly, I think this time they might not return; their entire force is now dependent on warlords, and that's their downfall. Not to mention, Al-Shabaab have support in Cadaado now from that entire clan. I am not confident in Shabaab staying in Dhusomareeb either but I don't think Ahlu Sunnah has the steam to carry on.

^^^Ahlu Sunna is a front thats all, much like Al Shabaab. However the core issue is the future of the Central & South. The Northern States are stable and will consolidate their positions over the coming years. The many clans residing in the South Central regions are contending for power and this incident is a troubling example of what is to come. Hapless Sharif Ahmed does not have the strategy or the skills to contain this. Al Shabaab themselves are running out of ideas and many people have seen how weak they are when they engage a determined foe such as they had in Galgala.

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Timur:

I have no clue about that Xiiraale town, must not be significant. As for Cabudwaaq, those guys don't give a crap about this Sufi thing, they know its a political ploy by the USC folks, they withdrew long ago and are now forming "Central State."

I could not disagree with you more. Caabudwaaq is the center of Ahlu Sunnah stand in central Somalia. It is where the chairman of the movement is, it is where the head of the foreign affairs department is and it is where the leaders of their armed movement are based. They are comprised from all over the clans in central Somalia but to say the movement is irrelevant in the place where it is officially headquartered is not grounded on reality.

Xeraale is where the ideological creed of Ahlu Sunnah is the most strongest. It is the spiritual home of the movement there.

Latest is that Al Shabaab has retreated from the town:

Source

Timur   

Originally posted by Gabbal:

Latest is that Al Shabaab has retreated from the town:

That's old news, keep up with the updates; Hiiraan and Shabelle are outdated.

They withdrew temporarily to re-arm and re-group when they heard Ahlu Sunnah reinforcements from Cabudwaaq and Guriceel were arriving. When they re-armed, Al-Shabaab returned and destroyed the Ahlu Sunnah militia, now Al-Shabaab is in full control of Dhusomareeb.

Just like we thought, its a cat and mouse game with no real winners.

If either Ceel Buur or Guriceel fell then we would be close to a victory for either side, untill then its all just a cat and mouse game...

Timur   

Originally posted by Mad_Mullah:

I think Shabab will lose IF the majority of the city is Sufi, if not Allahu A'lam what might happen.

This Sufi/Salafi thing is very exaggerated. People in Dhusomareeb were living just normally under Shabaab's rule several years ago; political setbacks kicked Shabaab out, not public discontent. And it seemed like Dhusomareeb functioned just fine under the Salafi courts - its all about clan at the end of the day, that's all Somalis worship. The people in Dhusomareeb only trust an organization run by their clansmen. That's all there is to it. If Ahlu Sunnah had actual civilian support they would not need Ethiopia to arm them.

What we need is a proper Somali tv Channel that can give us the latest information. I'm getting tired of going from website to website, one claiming Shabab retreated and another claiming that Shabab took over Riyadh :_

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Timur:

That's old news, keep up with the updates; Hiiraan and Shabelle are outdated.

That's the latest.

Timur   

The latest is that Dhusomareeb returned to Shabaab's hands, they are in control tonight. Check Dayniile and the smaller sources that are based primarily in Somalia.