Sign in to follow this  
SoMa_InC

Roy Keane's shock exit from Man Utd

N.O.R.F   

Keane:

"It has been a great honour and privilege for me to play for Manchester United for over 12 years.

"During my time at the club I have been fortunate to play alongside some of the best players in the game and in front of the best supporters in the world.

"At all times I have endeavoured to do my best for the management and the team.

"Whilst it is a sad day for me to leave such a great club and manager I believe that the time has now come for me to move on. After so many years, I will miss everyone at the club.

"I send my best wishes for the future to the management, players, staff and supporters of the club."

Fergie:

"Roy Keane has been a fantastic servant for Manchester United.

"The best midfield player in the world of his generation, he is already one of the great figures in our club's illustrious history.

"Roy has been central to the success of the club in the last 12-and-a-half years and everyone at Old Trafford wishes him well in the rest of his career and beyond."

I have just heard the news, a sad day for football, a great player and an ever better captain. Roy Keane was Man Utd. One game stands out to me, when Utd were 2-nil down vs Juventus in the CL semi in 1999. This guy just lifted the team and Utd won 3-2.

Those battles with Viera, that tackle on Alfe Inge Halland, i think he got a huge fine for what he wrote in his autobiography about that, his last game was at Anfield were he broke his foot :D

SoMa_InC   

^^^I second that. He was at his prime that time and I predict he will be a successfull manager in the near future.

Seems like Portsmouth are leading in the race to get his signature.

nuune   

Keanoo was offered the job to be the Irish manager and he turned it down, Eeveryone in Dublin and Cork were saying that he should be a great manager once he take over the Irish team.

But sad news for United, and good news for the Liverpool and the likes, I hope he doesn't join Celtic, dat is too small for him

WingA   

i dont know what to say, i didnt like he's outbusrt couple of weeks ago but thats roy for you.. we need new blood and so am not too bothered..

we need a new leader and that will be Rooney..

nuune   

^^^^ Rooney is not capable of leading United as Keano did, think of other players but not Rooney, he is not responsible Guy!

WingA   

Originally posted by nuune:

^^^^ Rooney is not capable of leading United as Keano did, think of other players but not Rooney, he is not responsible Guy!

Never or just not for next 2 years??

Rooney is a great player but is not captain material just yet. When beckham was still young ppl wud be laughing at you if u suggested him as england captain. I think fergie should either look to scholes or gary neville at the moment and maybe smith for the future. Ruud is a great player but not captain, in my opinion anyway.

SoMa_InC   

Rooney is not capable of leading United as Keano did, think of other players but not Rooney, he is not responsible Guy!

Rooney is a great player but is not captain material just yet. When beckham was still young ppl wud be laughing at you if u suggested him as england captain. I think fergie should either look to scholes or gary neville at the moment and maybe smith for the future. Ruud is a great player but not captain, in my opinion anyway.

Well said.

Roonie a Captain, give me a break!

Gary Neville or even Paul Scholes....I think they can become an inspiration for the whole club. Ruud, Ronnie or even Ronaldo are not capable.

Saturday's Sun Newspaper reported that Fergie is to make Ballack the Captain for Man Utd if he agrees to sign for the club during the January transfer.

harir 10   

It's suddenly a good time for the old folks to leave and give young bloods chance and oppurtunity. we can't afford to have a geriatric players in the field. if u above 40 it's time to go.