Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Somali fighters call for volunteers

N.O.R.F   

Somali fighters call for volunteers

The Somali Liberation Front, an otherwise unknown group, have called on Arabs and Muslims to come to Somalia to fight Ethiopian troops.

Speaking in a videotape aired by Al Jazeera on Wednesday, the group's spokesman also said that its fighters had begun a guerrilla campaign against the Somali government.

"We call on the Arab and Muslim countries to adhere to their responsibilities towards Somalis and to stand by their brethrens in their efforts to liberate their country," the Somali spokesman said, speaking halting Arabic with his face concealed.

The short video also showed armed men making plans and training to carry out attacks.

The group's self-proclaimed spokesman also said that the African Union should not send troops to support the Ethiopian military which has deployed in Somalia to support the countrys' weak interim government.

"We call on the African countries to refrain from sending troops to Somalia, as by doing this they legalize the Ethiopian occupation, harm the Somali issue and get themselves involved in a dispensable trouble," he said.

Cargo plane 'shot down'

Separately, the government of Belarus said that a privately-owned Belorussian cargo plane that crashed north of Mogadishu, the Somali capital, on Friday, had been shot down.

"The plane was shot down," Kseniya Perestoronina, a transport ministry spokeswoman said in Minsk, the Belorussian capital.

She said that the large Ilyushin-76 aircraft, in Somalia to assist struggling African peacekeepers, was hit at a height of 150 metres and that all eleven passengers and crew had died in the crash.

The statement appeared to confirm initial reports from both a local Somali radio station and an Islamist web site that a missile had hit the Russian-made aircraft just after takeoff from Mogadishu on Friday afternoon.

However Mohamed Mahamud Guled, Somalia's interior minister, said that although investigations were continuing, the crash was due to a technical fault.

"The plane took off at around five o'clock and as soon as it reached 10,000 feet altitude, the pilot reported an engine problem in engine number two and said he would turn back to the airport," he told a news conference in Mogadishu.

The plane had brought a team to fix another Ilyushin lying damaged at Mogadishu airport after flying in peacekeepers.

That plane caught fire on the runway in an incident the AU said was a technical fault, but Islamists said was a missile attack.

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/A4AD9865-B6C8-47AB-B624-0D279C19F98D.htm

Tahliil   

I don't think the free fighters neeed any outside help at all (Period)...They are already keepin the enemey at bay....The New Darwiishes in Mogadishu will be victorous regardless of the cheap propaganda...If they ever make a call and seek out any assistance, from any group, the only help they will ever ask for is the help of their brothers in North...Because we Somalis believe we can and will defend the honor of this already battered and bruised nation from Stooges the Yeeyyes and their masters...(Period)

Sorry ,,, we can only offer help to who acknowledges somaliland's independence ,, that is all ,,,,,,,, for the moment we have to concentrate on our own business ,,,,,,,,,,

Tahliil   

What for???

For 30 long, emotional yrs...Remember we used to go out...on a date... Southland and somaliland...hand in hand...Adeer Ibrahim payin the bills, strollin down along the beach, on Lido, in Harmony...remember them times, you won't even come to help now for old times sakes...??? Come now

would be good but you destroyed those old times by cutting my left arm by an axe and chopping my right leg with a knife ,,,,,, how can i help you now when i know you'll do the same tomorrow and still telling me you were right to cut me in pieces ???

there is an Arabic saying "Fatten your dog to eat you",,,,,,, :D

Tahliil   

Come on now...Even my Ex-girlfriend forgave me after all i did to her....thought real men don't hold grudges...that long...especially when they win...Medical supplies that's all...???

I'm sorry ,, i need those medical supplies for my ex-wounds ,,,,,

I would love to be with you honey but i'm lacking an arm so that i can't touch you enouch ,,, you cut off my upper lips so that i can't kiss you enough ,,,, my right leg is missing so that i can't walk with you in the beach like the old days ,,,,,, :D:D

Don't cry a river sxb ,,,,,,, you had your chances and you couldn't benefit from them ,,,, you gotta settle Mogadishu first then think about Hargeisa ,,,,,,,,,