Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Finland elections: Zahra Abdulla came tantalisingly close

Zahra Abdulla came tantalisingly close to becoming elected as the first person of immigrant extraction in Finnish history to win a seat in Parliament.

In fact she has every reason to feel a little aggrieved, as she was listed by the Finnish Broadcasting Company among those heading for Parliament while the count was still going on, and was even congratulated live on camera for her triumph. As it happened, she was overtaken in the closing stages by two other Green candidates and fell narrowly short. She has vowed to try again, until she succeeds or some other foreign-born candidate can win election.

Zahra Osman-Sovala was also disappointed by the outcome, having hoped for a total closer to two or three thousand votes. Her cause was hampered by the generally poor showing of the Social Democrats.

^^I am afraid she is one of you who competes Gaalo in their own systems, the same way you ******** to the Ethiopians!

Miciyo abeeso hoos beey ka xiriiraan, I say!

[ March 21, 2007, 12:44 AM: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

I agree with Alle-ubaahne here. She should be trying to help here own country but instead is too buy being a gaalo in a foreign countries' system.

shame on her and all who support her.

She can do nothing for her lost country now ,,,, let her help her somali community in Findland until Somalia becomes somalia again ,,,,,,,,

Ms DD   

^^ I agree. Lets look at the bigger picture here. She can do more for her people by being MP in another country than MP in Somalia.

What a defeatest attitude do we have! We wont get anywhere if one fails to recognise that we are in this struggle for the long-term.