Sign in to follow this  
imam.abdullah

let our shekhis be a president

Baashi   

Hey Waaq wlc back.

I agree the need for educated populace who are receptive to the Islamic governance and its political, economical, and social dictates and directives. I also agree that power corrupts and if it is left in the hands of few without the majalis and independent Islamic scholars serving as check they could be another tyrannical group. I have to also agree that the true Islamic knowledge as of today, have not reached the critical mass in Somalia. That much is agreed.

But, Waaq you seem to be comparing apples with oranges. As of today, I know no Islamic government in existence perhaps for the one exception (Iran - debatable). So Waaq the real world you referring to can and should have a chance to see what the real Islamic government is look like. Many folks out there say half-heartedly that they embrace the Islamic government and yet at the same breath throw so many roadblocks that amounts to nothing short of NO it is not feasible/attainable.

Wa salaam

The practice of some Islamic groups in Somalia in late 90s showed what Islamic government will look like given the opportunity. Gedo and Bari regions experienced and tasted how Islamic government works and who will be running the institutions if any. In Gedo the Islamists forced their doctrine in every part of life and they started dictating it. Sometimes people where beaten up by religious militia for smoking cigarette in the street. In bari although they haven't settled as in Gedo nevertheless they briefly dominated the region. We all know what happen to both experiences. The population supported local clan based groups to kick out the Islamists. Now our people are Muslims but they never come under any Muslim rule even when they were fighting with infidels in Ethiopia. To organise an Islamic government it needs people who can trust each other and work accordingly. But its not the case in Somali context, for example I can't find any group be Islamic or non-Islamic -Communist, liberal, nationalist etc.- that can last without internal tribal fight for a decade. What happen to Islamic groups Al-Itihad, Al-islax (damaged by tribal infighting but not dead yet), Al-wuhda al islami, Al-Akhwan(sh. Mohamed ma'alims (may Allah reward him Janna) group and so fourth? Other groups haven't done better either SYL party, Xisbiga Kacaankii, all other parties from early years. My point is that there is fundamental problem with our Somali culture one of them is tribal the other is anti organisation. Instead of saying lets get Islamic government in Somali now, we need to explore and tackle the barriers that will eventually destroy it.